It’s time to move on from Bourama playing big minutes | Syracusefan.com

It’s time to move on from Bourama playing big minutes

Scott11

Starter
First of all I acknowledge that Quincy and Jesse Edwards are not ready. They have shown that beyond a doubt. But given that this season seems to have no way of ending in the tournament I would submit that it is time to see what those guys can do and get them some experience for next year because we know what Bourama cannot do.

We know Bourama cannot play offensively. We also know that if he is fouled it is effectively a turnover because he will not make his free throws. But what is more disconcerting is that at his size he is perhaps the least instinctive rebounder I have ever seen. He has no idea where the ball is going. He has hands of Stone. Either he has never recovered from his injuries or he was never particularly athletic because he is slow off the ground. He is not stopping anybody defensively.

Many on this board are fond of saying that we play four on five offensively when he is in the game. I would submit the same can be said on the defensive end. I know the kid tries but I am so sick of watching him complain to the referees after committing an obvious foul. Lets build for the future with Guerrier and Edwards and get through some of their growing pains this year.

I think we knew this 2 years ago. I liked that the announcer said that the Georgetown center went to a Georgetown because he wanted to learn from someone that played center. Maybe thats a reason that no reliable centers do not come to Syracuse Today.

Outside of Hughes, nobody on this roster should be playing big minutes.

Even with Hughes, we need to get him some rest here and there so he can give an effective 30+ minutes.

He blamed having a cold after one game. Today it must be a fever. Not either, he's just not any good and would be planted on the bench on a decent team.

i was not impressed with edwards interior defense down the stretch. out of position for some easy dunks.
so i'm not sure what the answer is inside. also marek looked winded IMO all second half. gotta light ?

i was not impressed with edwards interior defense down the stretch. out of position for some easy dunks.
so i'm not sure what the answer is inside. also marek looked winded IMO all second half. gotta light ?

Edward's does literally nothing.

Averaging 19, 10, and 3 per 40 minutes coming into today.

Fools gold. He plays 40 in the heat of the game and those numbers arent nearly as good.

i like griff, but maybe we should have went for louis orr, or an actual big guy coach.

the lack of a center going on how many years now is inexcusable. every team is better than us down there. its been like that since rakeem yet it still has not been fixed. hopefully edwards or ajax can develop.

Edwards played good one on one post defense in the 1st half, that alone should get him minutes. Add he can shoot a little and instinctively doesn't let balls go right over his head off the rim, get him more minutes asap.

Averaging 19, 10, and 3 per 40 minutes coming into today.
It’s so early in his career I don’t think these things should really be taken seriously. It dropped to like 15/8/2 after today’s game of 0/0/0 in over 10 minutes of play. Literally his only stat recorded today were 3 fouls.

For now at least, he seems to be a worse rebounder than Sidibe on a team that seemingly can’t rebound worse than they do.

No doubt he offers more potential upside offensively though (assuming Sidibe is roast)

It’s so early in his career I don’t think these things should really be taken seriously. It dropped to like 15/8/2 after today’s game of 0/0/0 in over 10 minutes of play. Literally his only stat recorded today were 3 fouls.

For now at least, he seems to be a worse rebounder than Sidibe on a team that seemingly can’t rebound worse than they do.

No doubt he offers more potential upside offensively though (assuming Sidibe is roast)

Thought he did some nice things that don’t show up in stat sheets. Like move his feet and not get blown by in the middle of the zone, and set an effective screen or two.

Agreed that rebounding is what’s really holding him back at this point. Wished we’d play Hughes at the 2 and more Quincy to get more rebounding in the lineup along with a couple guys with potential who might get better. I’m at the point of giving up on Sidibe becoming a player.

Isn’t it too early to say “Edwards does nothing out there” based on one game? That’s the only reason I posted the stats. He’s actually been productive in a number of games in limited minutes.

Thought he did some nice things that don’t show up in stat sheets. Like move his feet and not get blown by in the middle of the zone, and set an effective screen or two.

Agreed that rebounding is what’s really holding him back at this point. Wished we’d play Hughes at the 2 and more Quincy to get more rebounding in the lineup along with a couple guys with potential who might get better. I’m at the point of giving up on Sidibe becoming a player.

Isn’t it too early to say “Edwards does nothing out there” based on one game? That’s the only reason I posted the stats. He’s actually been productive in a number of games in limited minutes.
Agreed, though I think part of the production is that it’s come after games are over basically. And he hasn’t really shown the shooting that we think he has in there. I think all of his buckets have been dunks or layups so far against mostly halfassed defense

At any rate, I’m not saying we shouldn’t give him a look. Just saying the stats are probably misleading and definitely victim of a small sample size.

I got crap for calling Sidibe a newborn baby giraffe two weeks ago. My opinion hasn’t changed.

He is simply the worst starting center we have had in years. Please, anybody tell me a time where you shouted in excitement “Yes! Way to go Sidibe!!” even once in his career? He has never once impressed me to the point where I feel he should be the starting C. Edwards may be green but play him as much as you can because he at least has the tools and has some toughness. I literally found myself laughing today at one point. I don’t mean to rag on the kid but we’re talking basketball, and he offers us nothing but 5 fouls.

I got crap for calling Sidibe a newborn baby giraffe two weeks ago. My opinion hasn’t changed.

He is simply the worst starting center we have had in years. Please, anybody tell me a time where you shouted in excitement “Yes! Way to go Sidibe!!” even once in his career? He has never once impressed me to the point where I feel he should be the starting C. Edwards may be green but play him as much as you can because he at least has the tools and has some toughness. I literally found myself laughing today at one point. I don’t mean to rag on the kid but we’re talking basketball, and he offers us nothing but 5 fouls.

Pitt game 2 seasons ago. I think that Pitt team only won a couple of conference games that season, though

His knees!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom