It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Guys wanna play with LeBron. Bogut may be next.

Yep. You have a top ten player of all time (I would argue at least top five) and he's unselfish. There is no reason that if you are a veteran looking to extend your career and play on a contender why you wouldn't look at Cleveland as one of the few options that are appealing.

The Knicks are only 2.5 games "behind" Orlando for the 4th worst record. They can get a decent lotto pick in they start losing some games here.

My biggest issue about KP with the Knicks is that I think the combo of Melo and Rose taking so many shots is hurting his development a little. That said, Melo is good and Rose sucks, so I think we know who the problem is...

Knicks cut Jennings because he wants to play for a playoff team. If that doesn't tell you the Knicks intentions for the rest of this season, nothing will.

Knicks cut Jennings because he wants to play for a playoff team. If that doesn't tell you the Knicks intentions for the rest of this season, nothing will.
Hey Phil, good luck telling Melo he should be playing to lose.

Cleveland is why Ainge didn't give up the farm for Butler.
I don't think they will lose more than 2 games in the East playoffs.

as of now, KP is closer to Kevin Maas than to Dirk Nowitski.

they way the unsilent minority treats Melo is horrible.

hes played pretty hard here and the #s back it up.

hes just played with garbage.

and garbage, is all they will get through FA till Phil and maybe Dolan are gone.

but certainly Phil...and I wanted him.

oops...

as of now, KP is closer to Kevin Maas than to Dirk Nowitski.

they way the unsilent minority treats Melo is horrible.

hes played pretty hard here and the #s back it up.

hes just played with garbage.

and garbage, is all they will get through FA till Phil and maybe Dolan are gone.

but certainly Phil...and I wanted him.

oops...
25/7/3, never hiding on the court or from the media, with a revolving door in the front office, coaching staff and roster

I think the playoffs will suck, but the finals could be amazing. And I'm torn on who to root for.

I'm rooting for Toronto and Houston. I think it would be hilarious that Durant joins the super team, but Ibaka and Harden get back to the Finals before he does!

SMH. That the overwhelming favorites in the east can just pick up a 13 and 6 veteran player at a position of need for nothing, blows my mind.

Good for Cleveland, good for Deron(loved his game when he was a star, would like to see him win something while he's still got a little left). But between Korver and Williams, it's been way too easy for the Cavs to pick up whatever they need for cheap. I think the playoffs will suck, but the finals could be amazing. And I'm torn on who to root for.

I was a huge fan of the Warriors a few years ago. When Steph was first blossoming into a superstar, Klay was a young and emerging player, Jarrett Jack had a great year off the bench...I really liked that team. I was glad they won their first title. I have always liked KD, but this just feels too easy. As a fan I would've preferred to see him finally get OKC over the top. But I understand completely, who wouldn't want to play that role on that GS team? I like Kerr a lot. I've always been a Livingston fan and am happy to see him find a role on a great team after all he went through. I like Iguodala too. But Draymond is a complete asswipe, and it sometimes is not as fun to root for a team that is that good.

I like Lebron, but the fanboys who are constantly sh$tting on every other great player that has ever played just to prop him up are beyond annoying. Kyrie is fun. Not a huge Love fan. I like Thompson, guys like that are always easy to root for.

Seriously torn. Should be fun to watch. Hope both teams are completely healthy. And I do like that two historically loser franchises in somewhat afterthought cities have the two premier basketball teams. It is something different.

Honestly think Golden State will roll the Cavs too. These last few years have really annoyed me.

The Knicks are only 2.5 games "behind" Orlando for the 4th worst record. They can get a decent lotto pick in they start losing some games here.

That will never happen, these are the knicks they have no plan, and can't even lose the right way.

Honestly think Golden State will roll the Cavs too. These last few years have really annoyed me.
Houston v GSW should be an awesome series, probably the highest scoring in years. I actually like Houston in that matchup.

I thought this last year and Lebron made me look stupid. I would pick the Warriors to win but I think the Cavs will give them everything they can handle.

I thought this last year and Lebron made me look stupid. I would pick the Warriors to win but I think the Cavs will give them everything they can handle.
I would hope I'd feel the same way even if I weren't such a LeBron fan, but with Kyrie, Thompson, healthy Love and healthy JR, two D-Wills (Derrick and Deron Williams), Korver, Frye, Shumpert, Jefferson, possibly Bogut and, did I mention LeBron, the Cavs could very well repeat.

One of the Warriors' few shortcomings is depth. They may toy with a lotta team playing one-offs over an 82-game regular season, but a 4-to-7 game series is another animal, as they saw last year.

Last edited:
I would hope I'd feel the same way even if I weren't such a LeBron fan, but with Kyrie, Thompson, healthy Love and healthy JR, two D-Wills (Derrick and Deron Williams), Korver, Frye, Shumpert, Jefferson, possibly Bogut and, did I mention LeBron, the Cavs could very well repeat.

One of the Warriors' few shortcomings is depth. They may toy with a lotta team playing one-offs over an 82-game regular season, but a 4-to-7 game series is another animal, as they saw last year.

I don't think depth is really much of an issue unless there are injuries. The warriors are going to play their four best guys close to 40 minutes a game in the finals

I don't think depth is really much of an issue unless there are injuries. The warriors are going to play their four best guys close to 40 minutes a game in the finals
Yep, keep in mind, a good part of what did the Warriors in last season was Draymond's suspension (idiot), Curry's slight gimp, and Bogut getting hurt.

Yep, keep in mind, a good part of what did the Warriors in last season was Draymond's suspension (idiot), Curry's slight gimp, and Bogut getting hurt.
Part of the game. Two years ago, Kyrie, Love out or Cavs might be going for the ol' 3-peat.

And last year, OKC big-time blows 3-1 lead in West final or GS never makes it to the championship.

Absolutely, I was going to add in a caveat for Draymond doing something stupid to go along with an injury for something that could go wrong.

I don't think Bogut was gonna get a lot of run, but I'll always believe Dray cost them the title.

Absolutely, I was going to add in a caveat for Draymond doing something stupid to go along with an injury for something that could go wrong.

I don't think Bogut was gonna get a lot of run, but I'll always believe Dray cost them the title.

I think Bogut's injury had a huge impact. He went down in a still close game 5, and then that one got away from them. Cave got to the rim at will once Bogut was out.

Plus he couldn't free people up with his illegal screens.

I think Bogut's injury had a huge impact. He went down in a still close game 5, and then that one got away from them. Cave got to the rim at will once Bogut was out.

Plus he couldn't free people up with his illegal screens.
Bogut going out was what got Ezeli minutes.

Part of the game. Two years ago, Kyrie, Love out or Cavs might be going for the ol' 3-peat.
If you believe that, you have to believe that Blatt got really, really screwed and Lebron and Cleveland did him really, really wrong.