It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Maybe I have the series confused; I know Bogut didn't play much in the second half of the series in 2015.

Bogut averaged 12 minutes per game, in game 7, Ezeli got 10 minutes; he was a -9 in a game they lost by 4. Could that have swung the series? Sure.

Maybe I have the series confused; I know Bogut didn't play much in the second half of the series in 2015.

Bogut averaged 12 minutes per game, in game 7, Ezeli got 10 minutes; he was a -9 in a game they lost by 4. Could that have swung the series? Sure.

And now, Bogut may be back in another Golden State-Cleveland final playing for the other side. Cavs can't offer as much as other suitors -- Houston, Boston, San Antonio -- but they probably give him his best shot at another ring, if that matters all that much to him. I don't know the guy.

The Cavs sure have gotten a whole lot healthier in a hurry, and relatively on the cheap (they got better the second they shipped out Dunleavy, horrible fit, huge over-sized head).

Derrick Williams and Kyle Korver have been excellent additions, I think Deron Williams at this point in his career could not be in a better spot and, then, perhaps Bogut off the bench here and there? Nice.
Andrew Bogut waived by 76ers, Cavs hopeful to sign him

And now, Bogut may be back in another Golden State-Cleveland final playing for the other side. Cavs can't offer as much as other suitors -- Houston, Boston, San Antonio -- but they probably give him his best shot at another ring, if that matters all that much to him. I don't know the guy.

The Cavs sure have gotten a whole lot healthier in a hurry, and relatively on the cheap (they got better the second they shipped out Dunleavy, horrible fit, huge over-sized head).

Derrick Williams and Kyle Korver have been excellent additions, I think Deron Williams at this point in his career could not be in a better spot and, then, perhaps Bogut off the bench here and there? Nice.
Andrew Bogut waived by 76ers, Cavs hopeful to sign him

The Cavs will have the best player and the deeper bench.

If GS is healthy, I would give them the edge on paper. There's just so much offensive firepower in that starting lineup. Hoping they miss more than normal 4 times is tough.

I certainly would not count out Cleveland. And when the other team is so perimeter based, it's possible they just flat out have some rough shooting games...especially on that stage. Not to mention, this GS team hasn't been through the playoff wars yet...adding their best overall player in KD makes it a new team and changes the dynamics. Will their chemistry now be there in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter in a tight finals game? Remains to be seen. Games aren't won on paper and titles aren't won in February.

The Cavs will have the best player and the deeper bench.

If GS is healthy, I would give them the edge on paper. There's just so much offensive firepower in that starting lineup. Hoping they miss more than normal 4 times is tough.

I certainly would not count out Cleveland. And when the other team is so perimeter based, it's possible they just flat out have some rough shooting games...especially on that stage. Not to mention, this GS team hasn't been through the playoff wars yet...adding their best overall player in KD makes it a new team and changes the dynamics. Will their chemistry now be there in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter in a tight finals game? Remains to be seen. Games aren't won on paper and titles aren't won in February.

Look at last night; Steph was 0-11 from 3; they were 6-29 as a team. They won, but they were playing Philly, so it hardly counts. Going to be hard to win a game against Cleveland where you go 6-29 from 3 (they were 9-33 in game 3 last year, they lost) but they're going to have the better team and home court, so I would be hard pressed to pick against them.

Kevin Durant tweaked his knee and is going to be out months.
Warriors to sign Matt Barnes.

Congrats Cleveland for the repeat. As SA and Houston are in play out West.

Wow, this is a huge break for the Cavs if Durant ends up missing the rest of the year.

Kevin Durant tweaked his knee and is going to be out months.
Warriors to sign Matt Barnes.

Congrats Cleveland for the repeat. As SA and Houston are in play out West.

How does Matt Barnes keep getting gigs? I'm dyin' to see the first time Draymond starts screaming at Barnes during a timeout. I think Barnes could sneak in a quick jab and down goes Draymond.

Wow, this is a huge break for the Cavs if Durant ends up missing the rest of the year.
I want Durant to be healthy 'cause I love The Association and he's a stud, but I also want him back 'cause I think the Cavs can beat the Warriors with him.

Sounds like an MCL tear according to Wojo. I guess if everything goes right he could be back some point in the 2nd round...

Barnes and Green on the same team are an interesting combination.

First NBA game I go to in years, comment on Durant's absurdly long legs (not like that Chip ) and bam he's done.

It didn't look bad at all. Not sure what the MRI will show. Listening to Mike Greenberg this morning you would've thought that the team plane went down and the Warriors starting 5 are missing.

With or without Durant I like Cleveland at this point. Williams (s) JR and Love will be back and Bogut, Cleveland is going to be DAMN tough to beat

With or without Durant I like Cleveland at this point. Williams (s) JR and Love will be back and Bogut, Cleveland is going to be DAMN tough to beat

If I'm Golden State I hope Cleveland plays Bogut over Thompson. That guy can barely walk at this point, let alone run.

If I'm Golden State I hope Cleveland plays Bogut over Thompson. That guy can barely walk at this point, let alone run.

If I'm Cleveland and I face Golden State, what lineups is Golden state going to play where I want Bogut on the floor?

They don't need much outta him, just a big guy to come in for a few and give Thompson and the other bigs a break. Too bad Birdman blew out his knee, he woulda been fun to have on the bench right now.

If I'm Cleveland and I face Golden State, what lineups is Golden state going to play where I want Bogut on the floor?

He might not get a whole lotta time if they play the Warriors. Until then, though, they could do a whole lot worse.

Last edited:
He might not get a whole lotta time if they play the Warriors. Until then, too, they could do a whole lot worse.

Yeah Im not saying don't sign him, I just mean in that specific matchup