It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Yeah Im not saying don't sign him, I just mean in that specific matchup
Derrick Williams could be a defensive "it" factor in a GS final. He's fitting in very well. Nice 10-day pickup.

Knicks win! Here we come!

Can't wait to convince myself we can get the 8 seed and "have a puncher's chance" against Cleveland.

Unreal game tonight. Go C's.
That was a playoff intensity type of game. It took Avery Bradley's defense for the C's to win.
The Cavs are the best team in the league and probably beat the C's in 5 but it was a fun game tonight.

Knicks win! Here we come!

Can't wait to convince myself we can get the 8 seed and "have a puncher's chance" against Cleveland.

The Knicks will win enough to screw themselves out of a good lottery pick, I wish they would just tank it already.

Excellent game, even if the team I pull for lost. Man, I thought Deron Williams first game with the Cavs was gonna end with him hitting the winner from the corner. I love the NBA and games like tonight. Amazing athletes.
He looked great tonight regardless. A lot of bad finishes on great dishes from Deron last night.

I watched the last 4 minutes or so. There was one drive near the end for the Celtics (probably Thomas) where 4 defenders collapsed on him and he made a tough angled pass out to Crowder for a wide open 3. I don't know if the ending to that game was typical Boston, but they'll be fun to watch in the playoffs.

The second half of the boston-cle game last night was a lot of fun. Kyrie needed to give the ball up on that last possession.
Not Kyrie's best moment ... but, sitting here the next morning, I still think he's gonna make a shot. He probably still thinks so, too.

As a lifelong short person, I'm nuts for Isaiah Thomas. What a great, clutch three.

Not Kyrie's best moment ... but, sitting here the next morning, I still think he's gonna make a shot. He probably still thinks so, too.

As a lifelong short person, I'm nuts for Isaiah Thomas. What a great, clutch three.

The shot Kyrie made the possession before was just outrageous. he had me convinced the earth was flat

Such a great game, the last 6 minutes was just fantastic basketball. The reverse lay up that Kyrie made was just unbelievable. I paused for a few seconds when LeBron went down, it looked a lot worse than it turned out to be, it still didnt look all that good. Unbelievable how durable he has been past 13 years or so. Amazing. Celtics are still a piece or two away but they will be a force moving forward if Ainge can make the right moves, which I believe he will.

Boston is like the Detroit Piston teams from 2002-2003 before they got Rasheed Wallace. They are a plucky good regular season team but won't win anything in the postseason because their top talent isn't elite enough.

The Cavs and Wizards are going to play in the ECF most likely. Boston has a fun team but they aren't a ECF team without adding another stud.

Last edited:
Boston is like the Detroit Piston teams from 2002-2003 before they got Rasheed Wallace. They are a plucky good regular season team but won't win anything in the postseason because their top talent isn't elite enough.

The Cavs and Wizards are going to play in the ECF most likely. Boston has a fun team but they aren't a ECF team without adding another stud.

The wizards is a horrible match up for Celts because who does Thomas cover? They end up putting him on Otto Porter which seems crazy

Let's go to the videotape.

Just incredible, looked like a smaller version of the Doctor with a move like that. As a knicks fan, I was watching the Magic game, then I was flipping back and forth, then I just gave up and was watching Celts/ Cavs full time, it was just too good even in first half

Just incredible, looked like a smaller version of the Doctor with a move like that. As a knicks fan, I was watching the Magic game, then I was flipping back and forth, then I just gave up and was watching Celts/ Cavs full time, it was just too good even in first half
Good call. In his prime, Dr. J was good for a move or two like that every night.

The wizards is a horrible match up for Celts because who does Thomas cover? They end up putting him on Otto Porter which seems crazy
I do agree they are favored against Boston but I would like to see them play with Boston having Avery Bradley.
Bradley is one of the most underrated players in the NBA and his defense on Kyrie last night was essential.
Bradley could defend Wall way better than Smart.

BTW what the heck is Phil Jackson doing try to cram the triangle on the Knicks staff and players.

It's insane how Phil's ego thinks the triangle was what won him those championships when he had Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe, Kobe/Gasol.

The game has changed. The rules have changed. It's laughable that he's trying to make them run that.

The game has changed. The rules have changed. It's laughable that he's trying to make them run that.

I'm telling myself now he's using it as a tanking technique.

Its incredible how different the game is now even compared to when he won his last set of titles

Let's be honest. The triangle didn't win Phil any titles in Chicago and LA. I'm pretty sure he could have ran any offense and won titles with those teams. This myth that Phil was a great X and O's coach drives me crazy. He was a great psychological coach and knew how to manage huge egos in Kobe, Jordan, Rodman, and Shaq.

Let's be honest. The triangle didn't win Phil any titles in Chicago and LA. I'm pretty sure he could have ran any offense and won titles with those teams. This myth that Phil was a great X and O's coach drives me crazy. He was a great psychological coach and knew how to manage huge egos in Kobe, Jordan, Rodman, and Shaq.
Reading his book from time in Chicago you truly respect the psychology and babysitting he did for those last 3 championship Bulls teams.

Rodman practically killed Jackson's will to want to coach with his behavior. Jackson would get each player a specific book he thought would help. Jackson really ripped certain players and defended others.

When Phil went to LA he became a diva himself.