It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I'd just like to go on the record that the process still blows and the 76ers are still awful, and people getting all hot and bothered over Embiid playing 20 minutes a game and Simmons sitting out his first season has accomplished all of guaranteeing another losing season.

I'd just like to go on the record that the process still blows and the 76ers are still awful, and people getting all hot and bothered over Embiid playing 20 minutes a game and Simmons sitting out his first season has accomplished all of guaranteeing another losing season.

They got very unlucky not to get the #1 pick in certain drafts.

Well, I mean, it is a lottery.

Let's say they did get the #1 pick here and there. They're still crap.

2014 doesn't matter. As it is, they got the guy that won ROY. Even at their draft slot they could have taken the two gems of that draft (Giannis and Gobert).

Do Wiggins or Parker over Embiid move the needle on that team? I don't think so.

Does KAT make them much better over Okafor? Maybe. Maybe Porzingis would have been the right move. Russell's not changing that team.

For a while I liked what they were doing, but now I think it's pretty crappy.

Probably because the NBA removed their GM before he could see his plan to fruition

The team with the worst record has a 25% chance of getting the top pick; even the team with the worst record is three times more likely not to pick first than to pick first.

Put another way, this is the 4th (!) season of the tanking. So they have been through 3 drafts with it. In 2014, they had their pick (second worst record) plus the Pelicans pick. That was combined for a about a 20% chance at the first pick,

In 2015, the Sixers had the third best record, which gives you a 15.6% chance at the #1 pick.

Last year, the Sixers had the worst record, giving them a 25% chance at the top pick, which they ended up with.

So all in, in the last 3 years, they should have come away with .6 #1 picks. They won the lottery once. Hard to say they had bad luck.

Dion and Miami are up 18 on the Cavs in Cleveland after 3. Dion with 26.

I knew Bogut was injury prone, but, man, I thought his Cavs career might last more than 2 minutes.

tumblr_o6ojjftaso1rfd7lko1_500.gif

With Bogut's one-minute career in Cleveland apparently over, maybe the Cavs will have to go to Plan B -- or Plan THC -- and sign Larry Sanders....or maybe Hank Kingsley.

With Bogut's one-minute career in Cleveland apparently over, maybe the Cavs will have to go to Plan B -- or Plan THC -- and sign Larry Sanders...or maybe Hank Kingsley.

Plan THC is a phenomenal nickname.

Approved by the arbiter.

I'll smoke to that.

The Cavs would just have to keep Sanders away from Swish and his stash.
There's a LOT of comedic potential having Smith and Sanders on the same team.

If you missed the Spurs / Rockets game last night, see the ending below. Arguably the game of the year.

If you missed the Spurs / Rockets game last night, see the ending below. Arguably the game of the year.

Kind of a random thing, but have there ever been 3 better forwards active in their prime like Lebron/KD/Kawhi?

Kind of a random thing, but have there ever been 3 better forwards active in their prime like Lebron/KD/Kawhi?

I can't imagine. Bron is going to be a top 3 player when he retires. Durant will probably be at least top 15 and a top 2 scorer and Kawhi may go down as the greatest wing defender ever and who knows where he'll end up overall.

I would think the center position is probably the only position that you can find a legit comparison.

I couldn't have been happier to see Harden blocked at the rim last night. It made my day.

I can't imagine. Bron is going to be a top 3 player when he retires. Durant will probably be at least top 15 and a top 2 scorer and Kawhi may go down as the greatest wing defender ever and who knows where he'll end up overall.

I would think the center position is probably the only position that you can find a legit comparison.

If you consider them all 4's, maybe Dirk/KG/Duncan?

I think there was a time when Erving, Bird, King, Gervin and Dantley were all out there close to their peaks. I would have to check though, and there are probably others from that era I'm forgetting.

Last edited: