I've Tried to Give Him The Benefit of the Doubt... | Syracusefan.com

I've Tried to Give Him The Benefit of the Doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
But Cooney needs to play less minutes. A lot less. He really is a hindrance. He takes bad shots (makes some, but takes bad ones), tries to go one-on-one way too much and when he gets into the lane he freaks out and can't make a play.

For someone that is a 5th year senior and has been starting at a major program for the majority of it, he just isn't very good. I'm ready for any other option that's there - even Joseph at this point.

this team will be better once Coondawg moves on

2w1zi4m.jpg

I most faith last year. Now I'm just waiting for senior day for him. It's crazy how it's almost a sin to take minutes away from him for some reason.

I try not to get frustrated at him anymore. He way too many minutes. I just don't get it. He is easy to defend plain and simple. It isn't his fault he plays as much as he does but it is frustrating sometimes.

It is not Cooney's fault we can't rebound but he takes way too many bad shots and hurts us with his shot selection.

This is his last year just hope we can make the tourney this year that is enough.

He was god awful that half. Still cant believe boeheim called that play for him last play of regulation against wisconsin. Is there anyone youd rather see less driving to the hoop than cooney??

He was god awful that half. Still cant believe boeheim called that play for him last play of regulation against wisconsin. Is there anyone youd rather see less driving to the hoop than cooney??

Yes, Roberson, Lydon, Richardson, and Coleman.

He's better than whose behind him. It's a failure of the staff to have not recruited a better 2 after all these years. Cooney would be a great 6th man.

Do any of you realize that he's playing at less than 100% and he is still better defensively than most of the players behind him.

Who are you going to put in? Richardson is shooting poorly, plus he's a freshman who plays defense like a freshman. Are you going to put in Joesph? Who is better all around at the moment?

Yeah, he's was injured earlier in the game. Pulled up lame. Was checked out by the trainer.

Why play the future of the team to get them ready for next season when you have a 5th year senior

Lydon/Richardson pretty much 0-fer (past two games, really) and it's Cooney getting sh@t upon

Howard/Joseph should be in the rotation. Nobody wants them to play 35 mpg but sorry Cooney should not be playing 35mpg and Howard/Joseph 5mpg.

Lydon/Richardson pretty much 0-fer (past two games, really) and it's Cooney getting sh@t upon

We should just play cooney g Roberson and coleman I guess.

4v5. Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors