Jabari Parker-Duke | Syracusefan.com

Jabari Parker-Duke

I think I saw him on a 60 Minutes segment. Really classy and very religious kid. He is Mormon, thus the interest in BYU. Still considering doing a Mormon Mission at some point. Duke is a great choice for him and the kind of kid you can't not root for.

Isn't he 6'9 or 6'10?

Edit: 6'8 225. I kept thinking he was a skinnier, taller kid.

Wait... didnt i see that he committed to mich st?

now he is committed to duke??

am i losing it?

How good is he? Francis?
Very good player and presents lots of versatility on the court. I like the Paul Pierce comparisons than the Melo. Has a high ball IQ and can play inside and out. Good but not great athlete and his outside shot is inconsistent. Still trying to get himself back into shape after being out with a foot injury since the summer. Duke will be loaded with guards n forwards next year. I wonder if Amile Jefferson becomes the odd man out and transfers after the season?

Very good player and presents lots of versatility on the court. I like the Paul Pierce comparisons than the Melo. Has a high ball IQ and can play inside and out. Good but not great athlete and his outside shot is inconsistent. Still trying to get himself back into shape after being out with a foot injury since the summer. Duke will be loaded with guards n forwards next year. I wonder if Amile Jefferson becomes the odd man out and transfers after the season?

Possible Duke to SU pipeline? ;) j/k think we've already got a frontcourt logjam going on.

Possible Duke to SU pipeline? ;) j/k think we've already got a frontcourt logjam going on.
I actually had the same thoughts lol. Does the ACC have the 2yr same conference transfer wait as the Big East?

I actually had the same thoughts lol. Does the ACC have the 2yr same conference transfer wait as the Big East?
Yeah... Mike G just got through on the technicality of us still in BE and Coach K being classy about it.

Yes but we're not officially in the ACC until July so if he was to transfer for 1st summer session then he wouldn't be any different than the Mike G situation.

Yes but we're not officially in the ACC until July so if he was to transfer for 1st summer session then he wouldn't be any different than the Mike G situation.
Interesting. I would assume if he decides to leave, that the Philly schools back at home like Temple and Nova would be the options for him.

Wait... didnt i see that he committed to mich st?

now he is committed to duke??

am i losing it?

I was mad at him too for making that thread with that title.

I think I saw him on a 60 Minutes segment. Really classy and very religious kid. He is Mormon, thus the interest in BYU. Still considering doing a Mormon Mission at some point. Duke is a great choice for him and the kind of kid you can't not root for.

He sounds like a great kid but there is one thing in there that makes him the kind of player I can't root for.

Terrific scorer. Have seen him play quite a few times and he is the best pure scorer in high school basketball right now. I was in Mexico for last summer's Cadet National FIBA Americas and he was the team leader and by far the best player on a team that had Aaron Gordon, Jahlil Okafor, Justin Jackson, etc... I actually think the Melo comparison is better than the Pierce comparison. He isn't tough like Pierce. Pierce has dog in him. Pierce is tough as nails. He wants to rip your heart out when he plays you. Not sure Parker has that. Parker has a similar one dribble pull up which is his bread and butter and similar body type to Pierce which is why people often go to that comparison but other than those two things I don't really see it. The Melo comparison is closer because of his versatility. He isn't smooth like Melo, he's man made. He's taught himself all of his moves through hard work, he's not pure and natural like Melo is. That said he might be better on the low block. He fights for deep post position and has a plethora of up and unders, ball fakes, head fakes, etc... He also has a very similar jab step which he uses to create space. He isn't explosive off the bounce and is probably a full step slower than Melo at same stage. But he is craftier and gets more out of less. He isn't as talented as Melo, doesn't own the baseline like Melo did, but he might have more complete package at the same stage. I don't think he's going to have a year like Melo did. In fact I don't think it will be anywhere close. But I do think he is more similar to Melo than he is to Pierce.

Terrific scorer. Have seen him play quite a few times and he is the best pure scorer in high school basketball right now. I was in Mexico for last summer's Cadet National FIBA Americas and he was the team leader and by far the best player on a team that had Aaron Gordon, Jahlil Okafor, Justin Jackson, etc... I actually think the Melo comparison is better than the Pierce comparison. He isn't tough like Pierce. Pierce has dog in him. Pierce is tough as nails. He wants to rip your heart out when he plays you. Not sure Parker has that. Parker has a similar one dribble pull up which is his bread and butter and similar body type to Pierce which is why people often go to that comparison but other than those two things I don't really see it. The Melo comparison is closer because of his versatility. He isn't smooth like Melo, he's man made. He's taught himself all of his moves through hard work, he's not pure and natural like Melo is. That said he might be better on the low block. He fights for deep post position and has a plethora of up and unders, ball fakes, head fakes, etc... He also has a very similar jab step which he uses to create space. He isn't explosive off the bounce and is probably a full step slower than Melo at same stage. But he is craftier and gets more out of less. He isn't as talented as Melo, doesn't own the baseline like Melo did, but he might have more complete package at the same stage. I don't think he's going to have a year like Melo did. In fact I don't think it will be anywhere close. But I do think he is more similar to Melo than he is to Pierce.

Thanks for the input, Nolan. I know you mentioned a while back about getting season tiks this year...how has that went? Have you been able to make a decent amount of games or maybe upcoming games?

He sounds like a great kid but there is one thing in there that makes him the kind of player I can't root for.
Ooh. The intrigue and mystery!

Why can't you root for the kid?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors