Jay Bilas Top 10 coaches | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas Top 10 coaches

He’s coaching at High Point because that’s where he went to school and after close to 30 years of coaching college basketball and for the Olympics, he probably wants to give back to where he started.
He has a really impressive career if you care to look at it.

fair enough. He’s not close to Tom Izzo

I know he was a racist POS, but if you're talking purely coaching accomplishments, Adolph Rupp has to be in the Top 10. Bilas said it was coaches from his lifetime and Rupp coached during Bilas' lifetime.

Interesting he left one off the top 10.

670D97AA-5CC6-40D7-A233-AABBBAC26CF4.gif

ce
Izzo 8 final fours in 25 years and a natty in 2000. Coach of the year 8 times. Izzo has a pretty damn good record from a basketball standpoint.
Jay Wright has 3 Final Fours and 2 NCs in that timeframe.
Billy Donovan has 4 Final Fours and 2 NCs in that timeframe.

I would take both over Izzo.
Boeheim is a top 10 coach of alltime as well.
Same for Pitino.

Bilas list sucks but it’s generating debate.

We have the most insane fanbase imaginable. For the better part of the last 24 months, you guys have been throwing hate and vitriol at Boeheim. Can't coach, can't recruit, lazy, out of touch, plays favorites, doesn't care about winning...

Then he doesn't get listed as one of the best of all time and y'all flip your lids in outrage.

We have the most insane fanbase imaginable. For the better part of the last 24 months, you guys have been throwing hate and vitriol at Boeheim. Can't coach, can't recruit, lazy, out of touch, plays favorites, doesn't care about winning...

Then he doesn't get listed as one of the best of all time and y'all flip your lids in outrage.
But those things aren't mutually exclusive at all.

JB's career is/was incredible and he is a coaching legend and should be recognized as such. But things have gotten stale and change is needed.

Its our coach and we'll cry if we want to!

What the hell is flip your lids in outrage?

It’s a debate. Debating legitimate issues is part of being a sports fan.
Sorry fans aren’t robots that you seem to want people to be.

My goodness why do you even care? Nobody is throwing vitriol here it’s been a pretty good debate.

My Top 10:
1. Coach K
2. Wooden
3. Dean Smith
4. Bob Knight
5. Adolph Rupp
6. Roy Williams
7. Calhoun
8. Boeheim
9. Izzo
10. Pitino
a decent list

I can pick on the people I love all I want but if anybody else thinks they can they’re crazy lol

My Top 10:
1. Coach K
2. Wooden
3. Dean Smith
4. Bob Knight
5. Adolph Rupp
6. Roy Williams
7. Calhoun
8. Boeheim
9. Izzo
10. Pitino
Just curious...why Knight over Boeheim?

is it?

8 Final Fours and a NC is a better resume.

1. Calhoun
2. K
3. Pitino
4. Roy
5. Wright
6. Izzo
7. Donovan
8. Knight
9. Boeheim
10. Smith

Boeheim and Pitino absolutely belong. Choices 9 and 10 were asinine.

I’d push for Chaney too, though I guess you can use some of those guy’s NC or NCs to justify taking them over Chaney. But personally I don’t think anybody on that list would’ve won an NC at Temple, or even come any closer than he did.

We all know Bilas is just mad at Boeheim.

Yeah, it’s almost like he’s coached a heck of a lot longer than the last 24 months, and this is an all time type list that takes his other 40+ years into account...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom