JB and the Bench | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

JB and the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
White was our starting SF.

He also was our 4th guard. If we needed him at guard, Thompson, Lydon and Roberson would have played the back line.

White was our starting SF.

He also was our 4th guard. If we needed him at guard, Thompson, Lydon and Roberson would have played the back line.

Roberson was our 5th guard then I guess. This is actually fun now.

Wait. Nope. Lydon took a ton of threes so he was clearly our 5th guard.

Odd...neither Lydon or Roberson actually played guard or were listed as guards, unlike Andrew White. :)

despite many other JB fans also indicating it's a bad look as was stated earlier.

This is comical. Shouldn't we all be JB fans? Sadly, there's a loud group here that are not.

Sorry, I thought this was a serious discussion. You're just being silly now.

Sorry, I thought this was a serious discussion. You're just being silly now.

It's 4 pm on a Friday. Of course I am. I'm a fan of JB, but I'm not a fanboy. There's a distinction.

I'm ready for whatever comes next when he finishes up. I was hoping for a transition to Hop, but we shall see what comes down the line.

It's 4 pm on a Friday. Of course I am. I'm a fan of JB, but I'm not a fanboy. There's a distinction.

I'm ready for whatever comes next when he finishes up. I was hoping for a transition to Hop, but we shall see what comes down the line.

What's a fanboy? I was looking forward to Hop as well, but JB is it for the next 5 years. This team is thin, especially with the sudden departures of Thompson and Thorpe. Not much anyone can do about it. 14-6 with a chance to make the NCAA's. Next year a good class coming in. I don't get the doom and gloom.

If Thorpe hadn’t abruptly left, this thread doesn’t exist.

And last year we had 3 guards which is all jb will use anyways. In an emergency, White would have been the 4th.

Are you going to watch all 40 min or take a break??
I plan on not looking away from the screen for the full 40 minutes.

This is comical. Shouldn't we all be JB fans? Sadly, there's a loud group here that are not.

Seriously.

They don't like Boeheim. They think he is old, incompetent, a lousy or lazy recruiter, a poor manager of the roster, and unfair and or unkind to players and the media. He is the architect of a Machiavellian scheme that betrayed his son Hop and sent him to UW so that he could coach his own son or to avoid the boredom of playing golf 12 months a year. (You could actually make an opera out of that plot.)

They don't like the defensive strategy, the offensive strategy, the pattern of substitution or the scope and energy of our recruiting.

I often wonder what it is they do like? The color "Orange"?

Seriously.

They don't like Boeheim. They think he is old, incompetent, a lousy or lazy recruiter, a poor manager of the roster, and unfair and or unkind to players and the media. He is the architect of a Machiavellian scheme that betrayed his son Hop and sent him to UW so that he could coach his own son or to avoid the boredom of playing golf 12 months a year. (You could actually make an opera out of that plot.)

They don't like the defensive strategy, the offensive strategy, the pattern of substitution or the scope and energy of our recruiting.

I often wonder what it is they do like? The color "Orange"?

Well, aside from directly sending him to UW; your “Machiavellian scheme” is what happened. It isn’t a conspiracy. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Well, aside from directly sending him to UW; your “Machiavellian scheme” is what happened. It isn’t a conspiracy. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Where are you on who killed JFK? Do you think LBJ was involved?

Where are you on who killed JFK? Do you think LBJ was involved?

Ha, that’s pretty funny, actually. I meant to add that I would also substitute sabotaged for “betrayed” in your Machiavellian scheme. But, nice work. You pretty much unintentionally nailed it.

Probably. But I've always appreciated this Roger Angell line (about the Mets, of course): "I think it's better not quite to win, because you're always hoping for something."

There's something to that. Winning it all is incredible, but there's a sense of "what now" afterward. It doesn't get better from there, there's nothing to hope for.

As a Patriots fan I just want to note that this is false.

Winning lots of championships is awesome.

Like, super, crazy, fantastic awesome.

I want some sort of prize for reading most of this thread. It's a damn good thing there's a game tomorrow.

Do I get a prize for guessing the top 5 in the Top Contributors section of this thread? Like that was hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom