JB and the Bench | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

JB and the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you like to play? Battle scored 37. We're not hiding anyone good on the bench.

I've already stated what I would like to happen literally 2 times in this thread. Not sure why you refuse to read what I'm posting.

That is simply not true. Same question asked by a national reporter and JB gets all cushy with his answers. Local guys get treated harshly. Student reporters get treated like something approaching trash. It's well known in the Newhouse community and has been spoken about by both recent hosts (Newhouse grads) on my local ESPN radio.

I've listened to many of these pressers.

JB reacts to dumb questions or loaded questions or questions based on what he considers to be questions false assumptions negatively.

National reporters ask better questions. That's why they are national reporters.

To buy your assertion, you'd have to say that reporters at all levels ask equally good questions.

But congratulations on raising your hand as one of those who dislikes JB based on this. You ought to add this to your signature so that people would better understand where you are coming from when they read your comments.

I've already stated what I would like to happen literally 2 times in this thread. Not sure why you refuse to read what I'm posting.

So you made me scroll back - so we're supposed to sit our high scorer for HW? That cannot be what you meant.

I personally wish that JB would use the bench more

Agree. I wish Thorpe was on the roster
He gets credit for this class.
He was engaged starting last summer.
I do think Griffin was huge for Bazley but if you want consistency give JB credit as well.
You just defend the wall to the degree that drives me crazy. I think JB has done a good job I wish he wouldn’t have let the program go thru what it did and that is a big reason we are where the team is now.
God forbid people want accountability. It means you hate the guy.

Who made it up to you to decide when Boeheim gets credit? Boeheim is always engaged. It's HIS program. If anything, he left Hopkins too much responsibility. Maybe Hopkins wasn't engaged enough.

Off course Griffin was huge getting Bazely. That's what assistants at every program do. Recruit. But to deny credit to Boeheim is silly. I defend Boeheim when I see people with obvious agendas finding any and every reason to criticize the guy. You do it every day. I see people like you fail to acknowledge the effect the sanctions had on recruiting, bad luck, players leaving early, the difficulty of playing in a loaded ACC, injuries, and the uncertainty of the coaching situation as things that have caused a lot of struggle the last few years. To you, none of it matters because it's all JB's fault. I also see the same posters refuse to admit that JB can still coach, as evidenced on his FF's, as if they didn't happen or it was some stroke of luck. This season, we are 14-6, with 4 of those losses being games we could have won. This team may still make the tournament, and I see good things for next year. I'm not buying the doom and gloom some are selling here.

Sanctions aren’t why JB didn’t let Hop take that player.
Sanctions restricted us by 2 scholarships. Even with 10 scholarships you should have 4 guards.
4 guards
4 forwards
2 centers.
That is how you construct the roster.

This year is a pass because Thorpe and Hughes. However it shouldn’t be the way since 2014.

I get all that, but it has nothing to do with the BC game or tomorrow's game - why the thread got started to begin with. It's been a long time since we've counted on a 4th guard for anything.

I've listened to many of these pressers.

JB reacts to dumb questions or loaded questions or questions based on what he considers to be questions false assumptions negatively.

National reporters ask better questions. That's why they are national reporters.

To buy your assertion, you'd have to say that reporters at all levels ask equally good questions.

But congratulations on raising your hand as one of those who dislikes JB based on this. You ought to add this to your signature so that people would better understand where you are coming from when they read your comments.

Listen, everyone knows you're the lead JB supporter without you needing to change your sig, so I'm good with mine as well.

But to the matter at hand, I give evidence I've heard from multiple sources, then you go ahead and make assumptions. It's all good. You keep doing you.

So you made me scroll back - so we're supposed to sit our high scorer for HW? That cannot be what you meant.

Yes, absolutely. Just like LeBron sits for anyone else on his team. Players need breaks at times. How is this difficult?

In a game where we are up 16, there is no reason to play Battle all 40 minutes.

This is where roster management is on the HC.
We have had 3 guards since 2013.
That is insane.
We should have more than 3 guards who can play at an ACC level.

What roster mismanagement? Did Boeheim make Thorpe leave?

Yes, absolutely. Just like LeBron sits for anyone else on his team. Players need breaks at times. How is this difficult?

In a game where we are up 16, there is no reason to play Battle all 40 minutes.

But LeBron doesn't sit. He plays the entire game if needed. So does Trae Young. And Bowman and Robinson. Louisville was up 18 on BC the other day and BC came back to within 2 in a few minutes. JB is trying to win the game. The team has 3 days off to rest. Not an issue.

Both eggs in one basket. He relies on Frank and Battle not getting hurt/fouling out/getting the flu/residual wear and tear that manifests during the ACC tourney. It's a gamble. Feels like we never win on that gamble.

I mean JB took a team to the Final 4 just a few years ago riding his best players major minutes.

But LeBron doesn't sit. He plays the entire game if needed. So does Trae Young. And Bowman and Robinson. Louisville was up 18 on BC the other day and BC came back to within 2 in a few minutes. JB is trying to win the game. The team has 3 days off to rest. Not an issue.

Your having issues with reality I think. Not sure. I've expended enough energy on this one. I'm going to take myself out and let someone else fight this battle with you. And your ilk.

Your having issues with reality I think. Not sure. I've expended enough energy on this one. I'm going to take myself out and let someone else fight this battle with you. And your ilk.

My ilk? You mean the non JB haters?

I mean JB took a team to the Final 4 just a few years ago riding his best players major minutes.

Versus a #7, a #15, and a #11 before coming up against UVA. I've seen dozens of posts mocking UConn getting to the finals for a less easy path.

Sanctions aren’t why JB didn’t let Hop take that player.
Sanctions restricted us by 2 scholarships. Even with 10 scholarships you should have 4 guards.
4 guards
4 forwards
2 centers.
That is how you construct the roster.

This year is a pass because Thorpe and Hughes. However it shouldn’t be the way since 2014.

What player? We have 4 guards every year, except this one. Because Thorpe quit the program.

He plays nearly the entire game when it matters. Go look at box score of the playoff games against Golden State. 46, 47, 46 minutes.
You said he doesn't sit.
Now you say nearly the entire time.

Which is it?

I bet you didn’t know that JB didn’t play Gbinije or Cooney 40 minutes in the sweet 16 game against Gonzaga or the elite 8 game against UVA.

You shouldn’t need grad transfers multiple years in a row.
Especially when your already down scholarships.

When you're on probation? When you have kids leave early for the NBA? What year didn't we have 4 guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom