JB and the Bench | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

JB and the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said he doesn't sit.
Now you say nearly the entire time.

Which is it?

Yeah..I consider 46 or 47 minutes the whole game. But you can split hairs if you want.

I bet you didn’t know that JB didn’t play Gbinije or Cooney 40 minutes in the sweet 16 game against Gonzaga or the elite 8 game against UVA.

Nope, did not know that.

meh...I'm not above criticizing Boeheim, if that's what you're alluding to. I just think you and your buddies are over the top. Lemme know when JB does something good in your book.

Yes sir!

First thing. Sticking with Franklin Howard. Seeing the potential in a kid that was clearly more of a distraction to the program than he was likely worth initially. Glad to see that his bet paid out on that one.

So given that. What's your problem with Battle playing 37 vs 40?

No problem with Battle playing 37 minutes. He played 37 in the Pitt game. I just don't think 3 extra minutes matters much.

Yes, absolutely. Just like LeBron sits for anyone else on his team. Players need breaks at times. How is this difficult?

In a game where we are up 16, there is no reason to play Battle all 40 minutes.

NBA regular season games have completely different rhythms than what our guys play.

NBA regular season games have completely different rhythms than what our guys play.

and nba players have personal chefs and trainers and lots of other advantages.

I'm done wasting time on this topic.

One thing JB deserves a lot of credit for was keeping Frank Howard.
He went all in for the kid in his PC announcing his extension after Hop left.
I was down on Howard after the recruits we lost because of him but he has validated JB’s trust in him.

So JB got that one major right.
A lot of fans were ticked at Howard but he decided to give him a second chance.

Nope, he's not "sitting". He's taking a breather for a min or 2 a half before coming back in

In your world, do the Thunder "sit"Westbrook for Ray Felton?

Of course they do, its a completely different thing. Felton is an accomplished pro and he's likely playing against a backup as well.

Now if we had an accomplished veteran guard on the bench not getting run I'd likely agree with you.

He was the SF.
Chukwu was hurt. They couldn’t play White as guard.

Weird. White was listed as a guard, and played on the perimeter on offense, took like 300 3's. Looked like a shooting guard to me, at least on offense.

and nba players have personal chefs and trainers and lots of other advantages.

I'm done wasting time on this topic.

You didn't waste much, no offense I have no idea what you're talking about. Outside of a basket height and court size the NBA and college are two completely different things.

Listen, everyone knows you're the lead JB supporter without you needing to change your sig, so I'm good with mine as well.

But to the matter at hand, I give evidence I've heard from multiple sources, then you go ahead and make assumptions. It's all good. You keep doing you.

Of course, it may be true that JB is tougher on student reporters. But that's almost certainly because their questions aren't as good. I guess your sources skipped that part.

But what fun would that be? It's a much better story without that hard to understand complexity of the quality of the questions. Perfect fodder for rumors and OMG! stories.

Weird. White was listed as a guard, and played on the perimeter on offense, took like 300 3's. Looked like a shooting guard to me, at least on offense.
White wasn’t a guard he played the wing in the zone.
He wasn’t up top.
We didn’t play White at guard he was a SF and Lydon, Roberson were the bigs.

One thing JB deserves a lot of credit for was keeping Frank Howard.
He went all in for the kid in his PC announcing his extension after Hop left.
I was down on Howard after the recruits we lost because of him but he has validated JB’s trust in him.

So JB got that one major right.
A lot of fans were ticked at Howard but he decided to give him a second chance.

Yeah? That's mighty big of you. Does Boeheim get credit for Oshae Brissett? How about Tyus Battle? How about Chuckwu's steady improvement? How about this defense?

He wasn’t up top.

You guys are both right - we did start White up top and then moved him down. The floor was a mess at the start of the season last year. JB was almost too nice showcasing guys and giving a senior time.

Of course, it may be true that JB is tougher on student reporters. But that's almost certainly because their questions aren't as good. I guess your sources skipped that part.

But what fun would that be? It's a much better story without that hard to understand complexity of the quality of the questions. Perfect fodder for rumors and OMG! stories.

Or you're just making assumptions again, because it's fun for you...

What's weird to me is you choose to defend him on this issue despite many other JB fans also indicating it's a bad look as was stated earlier. I'm pretty sure you are actually JB, or maybe his brother.

He wasn’t up top.

So White played NO guard? That's obviously not true, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom