JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great message for our upcoming recruits’ parents.
It is. At this level, you no longer control the shots. And you really never will again in most cases. Hopefully, IMO, it stays that way.

This, for me, has less to do with this specific instance and more about parental involvement as a whole. It's not AAU or travel league anymore, and the local high school administration won't bend and chastise their staff for the overbearing parent at Syracuse University.

Moyers. and we have no idea what Matt told his dad offline. Like hey dad, I am hurting so bad. As a parent, you wouldn't get involved? You would be a great fan and a lousy parent if that was the case.

I would tell my grown @ss son he needs to speak to the staff and handle it himself. We’re not in junior high.

I don't care. She doesn't represent the university. She is a mother that only cares about her son.

Appears to me that she has branched out from being just a Mom and is now her son’s personal trainer and coach. It also sounds like JB wasn’t asked his opinion and that MM’s absence was presented as “the way it’s gonna be.”

Seton Hall might be a batter choice.

You guys are overreacting.[/QUOTE
If im Wildhack i demand JB issue an apology. I have always hated how JB bullys and disrepects his players and the media in public. Lets face it he has become an old cranky filter less jerk.
If i was AD i would tell him one more outburst and im putting you on paid leave. Guy needs some help. Makes me wonder what Julie has to put up with. Unreal.
Please. It wasn't that bad and this is major D1 basketball. People are way overacting.

I would tell my grown @ss son he needs to speak to the staff and handle it himself. We’re not in junior high.
What would you say to your son if his injuries became permanent thanks to a coach, not jb but a coach, that played him when he shouldn't? Gee sorry son, I didn't step in when I knew I should have?

Was Roberson ever hurt? Or was a a whipping boy for other reasons.
He was a whipping boy because nothing else worked. He underachieved because of pure lack of effort. Gotta try and motivate these people somehow.

What would you say to your son if his injuries became permanent thanks to a coach, not jb but a coach, that played him when he shouldn't? Gee sorry son, I didn't step in when I knew I should have?
Not to be contrarian man, but, JB answers to the medical staff first. They make the call.

It is. At this level, you no longer control the shots. And you really never will again in most cases. Hopefully, IMO, it stays that way.

This, for me, has less to do with this specific instance and more about parental involvement as a whole. It's not AAU or travel league anymore, and the local high school administration won't bend and chastise their staff for the overbearing parent at Syracuse University.

You realize it’s not 1985 right? The landscape has changed

When you cook your thanksgiving Turkey you can tell when it's done because you can stick a fork into very easily. I think you can stick a fork in Moyers.

Pleeeeeease don’t leave early, guys!

But if you don’t like it, there’s the door!!!!

Oh why do we have 6 players again?
Two defections, one season-ending injury and other nagging injuries that have cost two players significant time.

Much close to accurate than not.

No, 98% is too high at this point. Dasher didn't even mention that Boeheim has long recruited for the zone, which has partially contributed to a wealth of project players that didn't pan out. And then there's the now-startling fact that SU once had a recruiting beachhead established in California, and could easily pull recruits from places like Texas (Luke Jackson) or Louisiana (Dave Johnson). And the team often had All-Americans transfer due to a lack of playing time.

lol another clown. It's so funny. I see mistakes all the time here and would never consider posting about them. lol
Lighten up its a joke, try to see the humor.

It's called being stupid. It serves no useful purpose other than to make an old man feel better. That's all. You want to say something to Matt or his dad, be my guest. But to go public like this, do you think it gets Matt back on the court faster? It doesn't.
And you know it won't get him back faster how? Maybe it lights a fire under him. Maybe it doesn't, but you don't know. Only MM knows

Haha it's an ankle sprain not a pinched nerve in his vertebrae or serious concussion. If I was his teammate I would be disappointed with him not playing knowing we needed him.

his pressers are always worth a listen and comparing to how he answers the question to the umbrage taken in this thread is comical
I just listened plus I went on Facebook and read Mrs. Moyer's comments. I'd be a little pissed if I was him but we'll see what happens going forward.

Permant injury? Please. Im sure they did an MRI. If he was cleared to play then he’s fine.

This is the infamous Dr Tucker we’d be talking about right?.

And more and more blue chip players parents have been sending their kids elsewhere thanks to these and other stupid remarks like the ones he makes when kids leave early.
Another Dasher fantasy unsupported by any knowledge whatsoever.

Or can you point to some credible examples that support your opinion. (And you know what they say about opinions.)

So we've reached a point where we bash team doctors for disqualifying players for repeated head injuries, and are okay when Parents trump team physicians.

No more like we’re pissed when team doctors DQ players with concussions, blood clots and heart defects, but we don’t want kids to play who have sprained ankles. :rolleyes:

So we've reached a point where we bash team doctors for disqualifying players for repeated head injuries, and are okay when Parents trump team physicians.
Are you serious?
By JB’s own words the kid was 60%.
Who is JB to tell Moyer to play hurt?
Jeez the doctor isn’t DQing him.
JB has no business talking about this publicly. It’s pathetic.
Coach K is sitting Bagley tonight. The kid has a minor injury.
If Duke loses we know K won’t rip the kid for not playing hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom