JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What this tells me is that if I get injured, and the timeline to return is a ways out, but I feel ready to play before then, I probably shouldn't come back just in case I don't feel right later and feel like I need some more time, because it will be forgotten pretty quickly that I got myself ready sooner than expected and if anything that now works against me.

jb's answer in the actual presser resembles neither the title of this thread nor any of the hyperventilating commentary about it.
So I shouldn't listen to the PC and just ignore this thread then?

And?? your point? I have no problem if JB feels that Moyer should have played. I have no problem if JB is mad because Moyers dad got involved. I have a big problem with Jb telling us that. That is best served behind closed doors. It serves no useful purpose to make that public. None. It isn't right.
I wonder if Moyers Mom hadn't posted on facebook before the game, and made it public, if JB would have said what he did at the presser.

And?? your point? I have no problem if JB feels that Moyer should have played. I have no problem if JB is mad because Moyers dad got involved. I have a big problem with Jb telling us that. That is best served behind closed doors. It serves no useful purpose to make that public. None. It isn't right.

It’s called “upping the ante”. You wanna screw around, Mr. Moyers?
Well here’s how we play this game. Don’t like it? Well as Bayside said a little earlier, “There’s the door.”

Probably a little strong for the more sensitive fans.

Just play Bayer and slide Tyus down. Actually, when Bayer was in there the Wake D seemed to have been told that he can shoot and it allowed Battle to get some open looks on the other side. He didn't do anything crazy and came up with a couple of loose balls and rebounds. It's not like Moyer has played much lately anyways.

So I shouldn't listen to the PC and just ignore this thread then?
his pressers are always worth a listen and comparing to how he answers the question to the umbrage taken in this thread is comical

We beg to differ. Maybe "rip" is overstating, but "purposefully mentioning their involvement" isn't.

If he came out and said "player x and player y got into a fight in the lockerroon pre-game and player y got injured that's why he didn't play." That would be merely stating a fact as well. Right?

But it certainly would obviously lead to more questions...and adds needless detail. That's why coaches NEVER go into such detail, because they don't want those types of details made public.

So you can assume when they DO go into that kind of detail it is purposeful and meant to deliver a message.

You can't be that naive to think he was merely stating a fact with no intent behind it. Right?

He could have easily said "his ankle was sore, we decided to sit him."
Right he could have said that, but what he said is what happened. A grown man told his son not to play. JB relaying what a grown man said not ripping the family

My take is that they expected Moyer to play today but then maybe Mom and Dad got involved and talked him into not playing.

Agreed. And my take is that her public social media post seemed to imply Syracuse and their medical are at fault for rushing him back to soon.

Isn’t one of his parents a doctor?

It’s called “upping the ante”. You wanna screw around, Mr. Moyers?
Well here’s how we play this game. Don’t like it? Well as Bayside said a little earlier, “There’s the door.”

Probably a little strong for the more sensitive fans.
It's called being stupid. It serves no useful purpose other than to make an old man feel better. That's all. You want to say something to Matt or his dad, be my guest. But to go public like this, do you think it gets Matt back on the court faster? It doesn't.

This is a great message for our upcoming recruits’ parents.

Yeah, It’s called “Welcome to the world of big time, big money college athletics.”

If your plan is to micro-manage your son’s basketball career, you might want to send him somewhere else. You may have a problem finding a coach that will acquiesce to your desires on playing time and when you son will be available to play, but good luck in your search.

It's called being stupid. It serves no useful purpose other than to make an old man feel better. That's all. You want to say something to Matt or his dad, be my guest. But to go public like this, do you think it gets Matt back on the court faster? It doesn't.

Let’s see how this plays out and then we can decide who is “stupid “.

Yeah, It’s called “Welcome to the world of big time, big money college athletics.”

If your plan is to micro-manage your son’s basketball career, you might want to send him somewhere else. You may have a problem finding a coach that will acquiesce to your desires on playing time and when you son will be available to play, but good luck in your search.

Yeah I know it’s happened to us twice in the last year and is why we have 6 players

Probably true at all levels. That's why parents like Lavar Ball are usually persona non gratis.

And more and more blue chip players parents have been sending their kids elsewhere thanks to these and other stupid remarks like the ones he makes when kids leave early.

It might have been called why TT is no longer playing for us and costing us games this year.

Micro-manage their kids career?
Lol
My god their son is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online