JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are totally missing the point. Totally.

Every response to your post is focusing on the 'lost season' and 'no expectations' statements.

Absolutely no one is arguing this team is better than the 2016 team.
Again it’s a lost season because Syracuse basketball has never had lower expectations preseason than it had this year.
The bar was low this year.
It’s been a great season but this is a season where even being on the bubble wasn’t expected.

So what? The two aren't connected. He is a excellent football coach. And a lousy person.
Many think Boeheim is a lousy person. People here are complaining that Boeheim calling out a player and his daddy is bad for recruiting. But it doesn't effect Saban's recruiting. That's the connection.

I would be defending Howard and think everyone would as well.

JB ripped a kid for not playing hurt.
It’s not like Moyer hasn’t missed games recently. JB was wrong here.

Why people are defending him just shows how divided the fanbase is.
JB questioned why a kid who was 60% didn’t want to play.
I think we’re forgetting what’s it like for JB to rip a player. Look at anything Said about Roberson the past four years. Moyer is the new Roberson and this is how JB treats that guy. I’m just surprised people are acting as if this is so surprising. Not defending the behavior but on the JB scale and the tone he used, this was a yawn.

It was good preconference when Richardson was good.
Richardson slumped in ACC play and the potential went down.
Richardson played well in the tournament and the potential upped again.
That team had 4 threats to score this team only has 3.
You are arguing with yourself. This team is better on defense than that team was. But it doesn't really matter. No one is saying this team is going to the final four just as no one said that team was. but I wouldn't call this a lost season. We are still playing and playing better than I thought we would. We still have time for improvement as well.

I would be defending Howard and think everyone would as well.

JB ripped a kid for not playing hurt.
It’s not like Moyer hasn’t missed games recently. JB was wrong here.

Why people are defending him just shows how divided the fanbase is.
JB questioned why a kid who was 60% didn’t want to play.

You may have took Franks side if he sat out due to his wrist, but I’m not sure the rest of the board would.

I agree JB shouldn’t air dirty laundry out loud FWIW.

I think we’re forgetting what’s it like for JB to rip a player. Look at anything Said about Roberson the past four years. Moyer is the new Roberson and this is how JB treats that guy. I’m just surprised people are acting as if this is so surprising. Not defending the behavior but on the JB scale and the tone he used, this was a yawn.
Did JB ever bring Roberson's dad in to it?

How JB treated Roberson was pathetic.
Why does he get a pass for this behavior?
Being a bully is just accepted.
It shouldn’t be accepted.
If the kid breaks the law rip him.
These aren’t professionals they are kids.
The kid is hurt.
Don’t comment on him.

Many think Boeheim is a lousy person. People here are complaining that Boeheim calling out a player and his daddy is bad for recruiting. But it doesn't effect Saban's recruiting. That's the connection.
We aren't Alabama football. And all of the "advantages" that entails.

You are arguing with yourself. This team is better on defense than that team was. But it doesn't really matter. No one is saying this team is going to the final four just as no one said that team was. but I wouldn't call this a lost season. We are still playing and playing better than I thought we would. We still have time for improvement as well.
Yeah I explained what I meant as a lost season.
I meant preseason there were no expectations.
Thus as long as the team played hard it was fine.
Typically Syracuse basketball teams have the expectation of at least being a bubble team. This team didn’t even have those expectations.
Every team in the last 10 years has had the expectation of being on the bubble.

jb needs to go period. he has successfully insulted everyone this year including the fans. he thinks he is accountable no one. he is now becoming damage control for us. he is past the point of arrogant and is just plain rude.
he thinks he is untouchable. time to call him out and reel him on or dare i say it---let him go. he like an unruly child who pushes their behavior to the limit almost begging to controlled. jb has not realized anyone can be replaced.

Drama, anyone?

DVyFD-wV4AAde8M.jpg

Sounds like JB is pissed with his Dad.

Moyer contributes so little anyway nobody missed him. And he’s not seeing any minutes next year so who cares.

Last edited:
Do you know him personally to make such accusations or just reading stuff off the internet?
Is this a serious question? Are you saying that you know every person personally that you have said something bad about and don't like? Of course not. Don't come at me with different standards than you hold yourself. I'll give you just one tidbit. While head coach of the Miami Dolphins, a secretary joked to him about a haircut he got. she was told to NEVER speak to him again. Total a-hole.

2016 was a better team.
The talent was better.

Anything can happen but please don’t try arguing this team is better than the 2016 team.
I think you were the one who started comparing the two teams, which was no one else's point.

The fact is, the national champion beats six teams to win it all. The other 61 teams in the field get knocked off by someone else. That's why you just want to get there and take your chances.

For a smart guy Boeheim says an awful lot of dumb things. You can call the reaction on here to his quote people going overboard. You can claim it's a misinterpretation. You can say other coaches say similar things. But there's no angle to take here where you can turn it into a positive. It's something that doesn't need to be said even if it's true. It does nothing for locker room chemistry.

People complain about early departures on here all the time. They use them to excuse Boeheim's team's shortcomings. Some of the departures are justified. Some of them are not so much. But Boeheim isn't exactly helping his side to win an argument on that front with this kind of stuff. The departures, the depth chart, etc. is on Boeheim too. Not just the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom