JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad our coach and players don't think it's a lost season and have no expectations. Good thing they didn't think 2016 was a lost season and kept playing.

And please, no cheap likes for this post.
Also 2016 isn’t anything like this year.
Cmon man.
This team is nowhere near that team.

There are no expectations this year.
We aren’t a contender. We are middle of the road ACC team for the 4th regular season in a row.
This year though middle of the road is overachieving.
generally I am with you on this, but between battle and brissett we have 2 of the top 3 or 4 talents on the court against virtually anyone we play. I think ncaa tourney is a fair expectation for this group.

There are no expectations this year.
We aren’t a contender. We are middle of the road ACC team for the 4th regular season in a row.
This year though middle of the road is overachieving.
Also 2016 isn’t anything like this year.
Cmon man.
This team is nowhere near that team.
We were a middle of the road ACC team in 2016. 9-9. Middle of the road is middle of the road. Probably should just phone in the rest of the season.
upload_2018-2-11_17-51-9.gif

Griffs quote is almost sounding like it’s saying it wasn’t cool for Moyers father to get involved.
Agreed its never good for a parent to get involved but JB should have spoken to him and Moyer privately.

Get to the NCAAT and anything can happen. I know you know this, too.

Not much is going to happen in the tournament for a team that goes 6.5 players deep.

We were a middle of the road ACC team in 2016. 9-9. Middle of the road is middle of the road. Probably should just phone in the rest of the season. View attachment 122230
That team beat top 25 Texas A&M on a neutral court.
Beat a NCAA tournament UConn team on a neutral court.
It lost it’s head coach for 9 games and won at Duke.
That team needed a plugged in Roberson to be an elite team.

This team is nowhere near that team this year. We don’t have shooting like that team had in Gbinije, Lydon, Richardson.

This team has 3 players who can score.

That team had 5-6 who could score.

This team isn’t close to 2016. It’s not.

We were a middle of the road ACC team in 2016. 9-9. Middle of the road is middle of the road. Probably should just phone in the rest of the season. View attachment 122230
Do I think we have a title run/final 4 in us...no. However, looking back on this team we will probably be saying the same thing, in that there's 2 NBA draft picks on it and a Frank Howard who has the potential to be G-like.

The staff should absolutely go balls out to make the tourney. Get in and anything can happen with our defense and a backcourt that has the potential to carry the team in a guard driven tournament.

Our lack of depth doesn't matter as much given timeouts and extended halftime. Plus, we really, really need a boost of relevance after missing it last year.

Get to the NCAAT and anything can happen. I know you know this, too.
This team isn’t a contender.
When we score 60 points in a game I am happy.

If this team makes the tournament JB and the kids deserve a lot of credit.
It’s not a contender to win it all.

No offense to MM, but if I’m him I am doing everything I can to get back on the court to ensure Marek doesn’t permanently pass me in the rotation.

JB should have kept it in house, but that’s a different story.

That team beat top 25 Texas A&M on a neutral court.
Beat a NCAA tournament UConn team on a neutral court.
It lost it’s head coach for 9 games and won at Duke.
That team needed a plugged in Roberson to be an elite team.

This team is nowhere near that team this year. We don’t have shooting like that team had in Gbinije, Lydon, Richardson.

This team has 3 players who can score.

That team had 5-6 who could score.

This team isn’t close to 2016. It’s not.

While I agree with that, it’s also not accurate to call this a lost season. Amazingly we’re 17-8 and in the mix for a tourney berth right now.

2016 team "wasn't a contender" either. As br801 said above, Get to the NCAAT and anything can happen.

Did you think we would be in the Final Four before the ACCT in March 2016? If so, kudos.

That may be true, but we still want to win every game we can. If this was Howard people would be taking JB’s side.

Do I think we have a title run/final 4 in us...no. However, looking back on this team we will probably be saying the same thing, in that there's 2 NBA draft picks on it and a Frank Howard who has the potential to be G-like.

The staff should absolutely go balls out to make the tourney. Get in and anything can happen with our defense and a backcourt that has the potential to carry the team in a guard driven tournament.

Our lack of depth doesn't matter as much given timeouts and extended halftime. Plus, we really, really need a boost of relevance after missing it last year.
Senior Gbinije > Battle
Richardson > Brissett
Cooley = Howard
Lydon > Chukwu
Roberson > Moyer/Dolezaj
We were better at 4 positions.

I think this team can make the tournament. I think that would be a great job by the HC but it’s not close to the 2016 team.

2016 team "wasn't a contender" either. As br801 said above, Get to the NCAAT and anything can happen.

Did you think we would be in the Final Four before the ACCT in March 2016? If so, kudos.
2016 was a better team.
The talent was better.

Anything can happen but please don’t try arguing this team is better than the 2016 team.

That may be true, but we still want to win every game we can. If this was Howard people would be taking JB’s side.
I would be defending Howard and think everyone would as well.

JB ripped a kid for not playing hurt.
It’s not like Moyer hasn’t missed games recently. JB was wrong here.

Why people are defending him just shows how divided the fanbase is.
JB questioned why a kid who was 60% didn’t want to play.

Senior Gbinije > Battle
Richardson > Brissett
Cooley = Howard
Lydon > Chukwu
Roberson > Moyer/Dolezaj
We were better at 4 positions.

I think this team can make the tournament. I think that would be a great job by the HC but it’s not close to the 2016 team.
You are totally missing the point. Totally.

Every response to your post is focusing on the 'lost season' and 'no expectations' statements.

Absolutely no one is arguing this team is better than the 2016 team.

While I agree with that, it’s also not accurate to call this a lost season. Amazingly we’re 17-8 and in the mix for a tourney berth right now.
It’s a lost season in terms of expectations.
This team has no expectations.
Being a bubble team it’s exceeded what was expected.

Let's see, next year we will have Bazley, OB and Marek. Marek will have trouble getting minutes. Paving the way for the talk with Moyer. One thing, if Moyer could play, he would be out there. Of that, I have no doubt. Shameful of JB
jb needs to go period. he has successfully insulted everyone this year including the fans. he thinks he is accountable no one. he is now becoming damage control for us. he is past the point of arrogant and is just plain rude.
he thinks he is untouchable. time to call him out and reel him on or dare i say it---let him go. he like an unruly child who pushes their behavior to the limit almost begging to controlled. jb has not realized anyone can be replaced.

So what? The two aren't connected. He is a excellent football coach. And a lousy person.
Do you know him personally to make such accusations or just reading stuff off the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom