JB has changed | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

JB has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because our resources and the Dome have given us an advantage to allow him to cheat/recruit great players.

For the record, he was against the Dome.

Your argument is insane.
For the record, I don't care and you are just throwing more of your arguments against the wall

I wonder what people would think if they knew back on 2010 the kind of weird arguments they were making.

“Actually 16-17 is a little below average. You idiots.”
I think you all have a very stupid idea of what average means

The people who want JB canned (not you) are throwing you know what against the wall hoping it will stick.

Firing a Hall of famer for one year under. 500 and not being near his peak is ugly and I think the people who disagree are spoiled brats, is that better? I'm calm about it, I have no expectations here, I know how dumb this board is.

I just love people talking about meeting expectations that were set by the greatness of the guy they want canned
Syracuse has too many deficits (location, falling league, limited NIL, etc.) to climb out of the hole JB is digging. Just look at FB. Look how poor, by SU standards, lacrosse is doing.
SU can’t climb out of holes that are too deep.

Syracuse has too many deficits (location, falling league, limited NIL, etc.) to climb out of the hole JB is digging. Just look at FB. Look how poor, by SU standards, lacrosse is doing.
SU can’t climb out of holes that are too deep.
Huh? How? Reasonable distance away from NYC, Philly, DC, BMore, Toronto. Plus in hoops you can often be good just by getting the studs from Upstate NY. This isn’t football.

Failing league that has produced 3 of the last 7 national champions?

NIL…we’ve got a very visible billionaire who wants to help?

How many of the 26 teams below us spent more than us?

Investment -> Expectations
we are not an average program. We have led the nation in attendance and had a 50 year winning streak busted. We sucked by our own standards last year

we are not an average program. We have led the nation in attendance and had a 50 year winning streak busted. We sucked by our own standards last year
We have sucked in the regular season by our own standard the past 8 years. And I agree, we are not an average program and shouldn’t settle for being average.

Don’t forget that the head coach said before this season we were a no-doubt NCAA team this year. At what point are these observations just flat out lies, or do you start to think the man is becoming senile?

One game below .500 might be “average” in pro sports.

Not in college hoops when you’re a high Major program that plays roughly 7-8 games that should be automatic wins.
That's why I looked at where we ranked among p5 teams. Guess where we ended up.

By our own standards. Yes. You don't mean our's as in mine or your's of course, we are of course just fans. You mean by Boeheim's standards.

imagine suggesting we were better that UVA last year just because a goofy stat that uses point differential said so. Good lord
imagine thinking that your feelings are a better measurement

i'm sure you watched everyone throughout the year and just know innately where everyone fell

Last edited:
I wonder what people would think if they knew back on 2010 the kind of weird arguments they were making.

“Actually 16-17 is a little below average. You idiots.”
I read this in Brian Regan voice and it makes me happy

You and the braintrust's definition of average includes a lot of childish emotion

That's why I looked at where we ranked among p5 teams. Guess where we ended up.
And a lot of those high major teams don’t care about hoops and have never been good.

We compete against Duke, UNC, Virginia, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Texas, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida, UCLA, Arizona, Gonzaga, Baylor, Villanova, etc.

If we’re not remotely competitive on that landscape, we stink. Duke beat us 3 times, including by 20-25 twice. We didn’t even look like we were playing the same sport as Auburn.

We sucked, and I will not be talked into thinking losing seasons and blowout losses to Colgate are ok.

Uva was better than Syracuse last year. Anyone with a brain in their head and two eyes can see that.
I mean….they beat us in the Dome. And beat Duke. And went 21-14.

But hey, we got hot and scored 90 a few times against bad teams so there! Stat padding in blowouts determines who is better!

We have sucked in the regular season by our own standard the past 8 years. And I agree, we are not an average program and shouldn’t settle for being average.

Don’t forget that the head coach said before this season we were a no-doubt NCAA team this year. At what point are these observations just flat out lies, or do you start to think the man is becoming senile?
Doesn't have to be either one. I take it you must have been correct in every comment you have made in your life.

Doesn't have to be either one. I take it you must have been correct in every comment you have made in your life.
He has consistently been wrong and blowing smoke up his teams the last 5-6 seasons. Best freshman class? Please. Not even close. 15-20 years ago he was negative Nancy about his teams. And they were much better. I wonder why

Huh? How? Reasonable distance away from NYC, Philly, DC, BMore, Toronto. Plus in hoops you can often be good just by getting the studs from Upstate NY. This isn’t football.

Failing league that has produced 3 of the last 7 national champions?

NIL…we’ve got a very visible billionaire who wants to help?
The TV $$ to the Big 10/SEC is going to kill ACC football. Our small schools (Clemson, maybe Va Tech aside) don’t have the boosters to step up like the other two conferences. When football dies, the league declines.
Who have we gotten of consequence (top 20 players) from those “fertile areas”? We couldn’t land the McDonalds AA from 20 minutes away.
We couldn’t land the 2 big studs from Middletown, NY or Conn. If we were a destination school, rather than an afterthought no place better school, we should at least get one of them, right.
The two bigs from Conn and Instead we got a guy because Pitt collapsed. Mintz chose Pitt first.

I mean….they beat us in the Dome. And beat Duke. And went 21-14.

But hey, we got hot and scored 90 a few times against bad teams so there! Stat padding in blowouts determines who is better!
indiana 40 clemson 68 florida state 95 wake forest 32 arizona state 83 louisville 112

i know your feelings say these are all bad teams

Who have we gotten of consequence (top 20 players) from those “fertile areas”? We couldn’t land the McDonalds AA from 20 minutes away.
We couldn’t land the 2 big studs from Middletown, NY or Conn. If we were a destination school, rather than an afterthought no place better school, we should at least get one of them, right.
The two bigs from Conn and Instead we got a guy because Pitt collapsed. Mintz chose Pitt first.
And that’s nobodies fault but our own. Get them. Or get somebody in here who will.

indiana 40 clemson 68 florida state 95 wake forest 32 arizona state 83 louisville 112

i know your feelings say these are all bad teams
I didn’t name Clemson, Wake Forest, or Arizona State for a reason.

We should be better than them 90% of the time.

I’m glad you had fun last season though. Hope you scored the season highlights DVD for a good price.

I’m glad you had fun last season though. Hope you scored the season highlights DVD for a good price.
you said "we got hot and scored 90 a few times against bad teams so there"

you said "we got hot and scored 90 a few times against bad teams so there"
Yeah - that’s the problem with determining who was good the way you were. We had some shooters. If they all got hot against teams that weren’t defending we could be good front runners once in awhile. Teams like Virginia don’t play that style of ball. They just beat us every time though.

I was naming good programs that care about b-ball with that list. Programs that should be our peers. Most of them were on another planet from us last year.

Good one. Since I think we were a little below average, it must certainly follow that I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom