JB has changed | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will this affect Colgate’s SRS
Har har what could we possibly learn from scoring offense and scoring defense adjusted for the strength of schedule

Last edited:
C'mon, different expectations. You seriously comparing Duquesne expectations to SU when you factor history and resources? Get outta here
We more than doubled their wins last year and the smart people here wanted him gone for it. So wondering why they kept their coach doesn't imply the same expectations. Good try though, stick with it

We more than doubled their wins last year and the smart people here wanted him gone for it. So wondering why they kept their coach doesn't imply the same expectations. Good try though, stick with it

Maybe they should’ve got rid of him. Seems dumb to hold on to him.

BTW Millpool you gonna grace us with your sparkling intellect and wit on the OT Board once again?

So as long as we are better than Duquesne, we’re good?

I posted this somewhere else but here is something to consider.

In 16 JB went toe to toe with VA and coached one of the best comebacks wins in modern ncaa tournament history. Toe to Toe with Tony and took him down.

I watched VA yesterday. They looked excellent. It looked like i was watching the same team from 16

I also watched the Colgate game. SU didn't resemble the SU of 16 in anyway at all. Two completely different teams.

It's simple. Since 16 we have been on a straight decline to the point we get blown out by F... Ing Gate and posters on this board continue to make excuses.

There are two constants from the 16 SU VA game. JB and Tony and two great programs both from the same league. Both with unbelievable resources. SU arguably has the better recruiting territory.

VA continues their excellence and SU is as bad as we have been in my lifetime. Really bad.

Coach has slipped and the program is a complete mess. There are no excuses. no sanctions, no NIL, No nothing. Coach JB has slipped and its as evident as last year's record and the Gate score. If he doesn't leave very soon he will have destroyed what he built and killed any chance that one of his own takes over for him.

I posted this somewhere else but here is something to consider.

In 16 JB went toe to toe with VA and coached one of the best comebacks wins in modern ncaa tournament history. Toe to Toe with Tony and took him down.

I watched VA yesterday. They looked excellent. It looked like i was watching the same team from 16

I also watched the Colgate game. SU didn't resemble the SU of 16 in anyway at all. Two completely different teams.

It's simple. Since 16 we have been on a straight decline to the point we get blown out by F... Ing Gate and posters on this board continue to make excuses.

There are two constants from the 16 SU VA game. JB and Tony and two great programs both from the same league. Both with unbelievable resources. SU arguably has the better recruiting territory.

VA continues their excellence and SU is as bad as we have been in my lifetime. Really bad.

Coach has slipped and the program is a complete mess. There are no excuses. no sanctions, no NIL, No nothing. Coach JB has slipped and its as evident as last year's record and the Gate score. If he doesn't leave very soon he will have destroyed what he built and killed any chance that one of his own takes over for him.
People need to realize these comments are not personal towards JB. Recruiting has gone in the tank and the lack of adjustments during games is concerning. The defensive effort during the past two years is alarming. You don’t have to be great athletes to be a good defensive team. You need effort, communication and the will to want to stop people. This just isn’t happening. I’m not at practice every day so I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m at games and there is definitely a problem. Something needs to change somewhere and JB is the head of the program. If he can’t do it, something has to be done.

Millhouse, it's comparing things on a scale and understanding the landscape.
Let's use football as an example, the expectations, resources, decisions etc, are not the same in the MAC as the SEC. The same concept should be applied here to a school that's 6th on the all time wins list, and brings in a ton of revenue from having the largest venue in CBB.

People need to realize these comments are not personal towards JB. Recruiting has gone in the tank and the lack of adjustments during games is concerning. The defensive effort during the past two years is alarming. You don’t have to be great athletes to be a good defensive team. You need effort, communication and the will to want to stop people. This just isn’t happening. I’m not at practice every day so I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m at games and there is definitely a problem. Something needs to change somewhere and JB is the head of the program. If he can’t do it, something has to be done.
Yeah it's a culture problem. From accountability to being the press conference whipping boy. I also hear "we couldn't bring in any transfers last year because Jim promised the freshman this and that". That's a red flag, if true. When you are flat lining and declining, you should approach the off-season w how can we upgrade the roster as best as possible. If you have guys afraid of competition, those are guys that aren't gonna win much for you. These are great kids, but I don't see many junkyard dogs, besides QC.

Here is another sobering fact.
Cuse gets blown out by Colgate and it doesn't make the news. Its basically a non event

Millhouse, it's comparing things on a scale and understanding the landscape.
Let's use football as an example, the expectations, resources, decisions etc, are not the same in the MAC as the SEC. The same concept should be applied here to a school that's 6th on the all time wins list, and brings in a ton of revenue from having the largest venue in CBB.
I know their expectations are lower and why are we sixth on the all time wins list?

The arguments are just so boneheaded

You're all having fits over one year below. 500 and the only reason your expectations are so high is because the guy you think is so bad is actually one of the best ever

Last edited:

BTW Millpool you gonna grace us with your sparkling intellect and wit on the OT Board once again?
I won't. Collection of dunces not worth engaging with

I know their expectations are lower and why are we sixth on the all time wins list?

You're all having fits over one year below. 500 and the only reason your expectations are so high is because the guy you think is so bad is actually one of the best ever

First, it’s not about one year. It’s Eight years that are well below what typical Syracuse basketball expectations. Not ranked during conference play, not in contention for conference titles, not a top five seed in the tournament. Our ceiling these days is like 22 wins and sneaking into the tourney as a double digit seed and hoping we get matchups against teams unfamiliar with zone defense.

Second, Your last sentence disqualified you from calling anyone else’s argument boneheaded. Yeah, he’s bad now. He’s bad in the same sense that Johnny Unitas was bad playing for the San Diego Chargers.

You're telling us he will never retire, ever? Give me a break

Every time I think Juli will say hang 'em up, I want to live somewhere warm, I'm reminded that Juli probably likes him out of the house all day. Only so much golf he'll be able to play.

So as long as we are better than Duquesne, we’re good?
I didn't bring up Duquesne. The guy with the panel of hall of Fame coaches laughing at ours did. I just wondered why they didn't fire their coach who had less than half the wins we had last year.

it's just so stupid. Since I disagree with forcing out a legend, that must mean I think Colgate is good or that we have the same expectations as Duquesne.

This board is filled with a bunch of spoiled turds who want a ball of famer fired after one sub. 500 season and some bubble years after a phenomenal important long run. Now the gang of turds is throwing, well, themselves against the wall.

There's still an OT board? You guys and gals and theirs are masochists.

I didn't bring up Duquesne. The guy with the panel of hall of Fame coaches laughing at ours did. I just wondered why they didn't fire their coach who had less than half the wins we had last year.

it's just so stupid. Since I disagree with forcing out a legend, that must mean I think Colgate is good or that we have the same expectations as Duquesne.

This board is filled with a bunch of spoiled turds who want a ball of famer fired after one sub. 500 season and some bubble years after a phenomenal important long run. Now the gang of turds is throwing, well, themselves against the wall.
*looks around*

Whos throwing themselves against the wall?

You are having a temper tantrum right now and calling people names. Just calm down.

*looks around*

Whos throwing themselves against the wall?

You are having a temper tantrum right now and calling people names. Just calm down.
The people who want JB canned (not you) are throwing you know what against the wall hoping it will stick.

Firing a Hall of famer for one year under. 500 and not being near his peak is ugly and I think the people who disagree are spoiled brats, is that better? I'm calm about it, I have no expectations here, I know how dumb this board is.

I just love people talking about meeting expectations that were set by the greatness of the guy they want canned

The people who want JB canned (not you) are throwing you know what against the wall hoping it will stick.

Firing a Hall of famer for one year under. 500 and not being near his peak is ugly and I think the people who disagree are spoiled brats, is that better? I'm calm about it, I have no expectations here, I know how dumb this board is.

I just love people talking about meeting expectations that were set by the greatness of the guy they want canned

Is making the tournament more than once every 4 years really the expectations he set?

If people were bitching we didn’t make a sweet 16 every year, you’d have a better point….and I’m sure some would if that was in the position we were in.

We’re not close to that. But, again I get your argument

He is one of the best ever and has had a lot of great seasons. Is he gonna have any more of them, though?

He’s in the Hall of fame, has his name on the court, and is going in the new ring of honor - those are lifetime achievement awards he has earned. Does he get to be the coach of Syracuse as long as he wants to no matter what?

100%

This is a recent quote from Cleveland's NBA coach.

“We got away from being who we are,” Bickerstaff said. “If you want to win and win in this league at the level we hope to, you can’t do it if you don’t guard. Defense comes down to the effort you’re willing to put in. The second effort. The third effort. The fourth effort. Right now, we don’t have enough guys putting in that second, third and fourth effort.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom