JB on McC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on McC

Grumpy old man trying to throw out memorable smart ass zinger quotes is not a good look. Wish he would leave it.

First thing to come to my mind.

Didn't want to say it because half the board will flip out but oh well.

CuseHulk said:
If he can't take criticism then he will never make it. You think Coach has something personal against him ? Be serious.

You don't have to have something personal against somebody to know what's right and wrong.

I honestly don't get you, if somebody isn't farting out orange you're quick to bash, but when JB says these things you defend him.

What's your view when JB says this is a bad team and they're not very good? I know what you say to everybody around here but for your world it must be like two planets colliding.

I never realized that Jeffrey Ross was our basketball coach.
That would explain a lot at this point in the season.

what should he tell McC...you're doing great and you should go skip the next year and go to the NBA??? Chris has potential but he needs several more years at the college level...plus at lest 50 LBS and strengthening.

Boeheim's comment is true. I'm just not sure it needed to be said.

Maybe he's really working on the setup for when somebody else goes too far in the criticism of CMac so he can go to bat for the kid in a big way.

Jim doesn't dislike Chris, but it's tough not to get that impression.

Briancuse said:
Part of the coaching job description is to crap on players at times, this is a big boy sport.

Crap on him once, crap on him twice, then crap on him in the locker room. His press conferences don't need to turn into a weekly crap on Chris McCullough show. He's doing it to prove a point that he was right about the lottery talk not to motivate or anything else constructive.

McCollough is a good kid who is playing hard. He is struggling and his coach who is paid while he isn't is taking shots at him. What unless McC is a major pain in the a$$ JB should just stop with these quotes. He never spoke like this when other players have struggled who are on the team.

CiscoCuse said:
what should he tell McC...you're doing great and you should go skip the next year and go to the NBA??? Chris has potential but he needs several more years at the college level...plus at lest 50 LBS and strengthening.

Problem is he's not just telling Chris, he's telling the entire world. Everybody knows Chris is playing bad, not one person thinks otherwise, why kick the kid while he's down?

Would coaches like Calipari and Pitino try to find positive things to say about his play? I doubt it. The kid knows he is playing poorly, nothing Boeheim will say would be a surprise. SU coaches approach has always been a case of good cop, bad cop. Boeheim gives them the blunt reality check, Hopkins and the assistants give them the positive, confidence building talks. Fans should get over it, it is the way it is.

Crap on him once, crap on him twice, then crap on him in the locker room. His press conferences don't need to turn into a weekly crap on Chris McCullough show. He's doing it to prove a point that he was right about the lottery talk not to motivate or anything else constructive.

Thanks Coach !!!

If you really want to get JB going ask him about Cooney going 0-3 on 3 on 1 breaks with the ball in his hands...well the first one might have been a 2 on 1 break but still...
JB did mention Cooney's fast break screw ups - said on one he should have passed and kept it and another he should have kept it and threw it away

To be honest I don't watch Jb's press conferences, but I think he is just tired of guys thinking they know better than him.

You don't have to have something personal against somebody to know what's right and wrong.

I honestly don't get you, if somebody isn't farting out orange you're quick to bash, but when JB says these things you defend him.

What's your view when JB says this is a bad team and they're not very good? I know what you say to everybody around here but for your world it must be like two planets colliding.

I don't mean this in a bad way but atleast JB gives Buss and McCullough a chance to play, I think one or both would get 0 minutes with some of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom