JB: We're not close to where we were at this point last year. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB: We're not close to where we were at this point last year.

I thought JB was saying at media day how happy he was with the work players had put in during the off season and specifically talked about the great condition everyone was in??

Just a question. With summer leagues being outlawed by the NCAA, what do the players do to stay in game shape? I know they can play pick up (assume that wasn't outlawed :rolleyes:) but that doesn't usually equate to D1 game shape, what is allowed by the NCAA,other than personal workouts?
i think the ncaa should be outlawed, and replaced with summer leagues

i think the ncaa should be outlawed, and replaced with summer leagues

The NCAA's time as an effective governing body for college athletics has come to an end.

Mark Emmert was hailed as a reformer who would "modernize" the institutional bureaucracy that the NCAA had fallen into. Instead, he's presided over one debacle after another that incrementally have demonstrated that there is no utility to having the NCAA in place anymore for the P5.

5 years ago, I was 100% behind the NCAA--although part of that was "longing" for the good old days of amateur athletics. Those days are gone. College sports are big business, and the NCAA hasn't kept up. Even worse, they pay token lip service to ametuerism while screwing true student athletes at every available opportunity, and dipping their beaks in the revenue stream by exploiting student athletes, and yet they are the last gate keepers against the athletes receiving any compensation. Hypocrites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom