JB's Postgame Presser | Colgate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Colgate

SU owes everything to JB. I disagree. The school isn't the school without what he's done for 45 years on the Hill. You are crazy to be so myopic.

What they owe him the most is a succession plan. A lifetime tenure never works. They can figure out a way to make this elegant.
They've tried. It takes 2. He doesn't want to go.

You think an NBA team would consider hiring JB at this point? For what? Come on
assistant coach. i'm saying IF he left SU and IF he wanted to stay in basketball.

long shot but the guy is strange. We don't know if he can't function without the cadence of a basketball season.

SU owes everything to JB. I disagree. The school isn't the school without what he's done for 45 years on the Hill. You are crazy to be so myopic.

What they owe him the most is a succession plan. A lifetime tenure never works. They can figure out a way to make this elegant.
You are 100% wrong. They have already given him the extended time at the helm and tolerated the poor performance and decline of the program. That’s all JB was ever owed and it has been given, paid in full. There is nothing more the school owes to JB. It’s finished.

awfully quiet from the Boeheim defense fund tonite.

I'm a big Boeheim defender as a steward of this program. I was UNHAPPY w how he drove the program into a second probation and at that point i figured was a great exit ramp for his sterling career.

At this point we're being held hostage by legacy. This was inevitable. The program has become Indiana where the greatness if gone.

If i'm John Wildhack they need to start to have hard conversations on the end game. This needs to be done delicately because JB wants to keep coaching. Maybe an NBA team can save us if he wants to stay in coaching
Your third paragraph is spot on - it was inevitable but the length of the hostage crisis is dragging out because our leadership that should operate above the basketball coach is failing.

I'm a big Boeheim defender as a steward of this program. I was UNHAPPY w how he drove the program into a second probation and at that point i figured was a great exit ramp for his sterling career.

At this point we're being held hostage by legacy. This was inevitable. The program has become Indiana where the greatness if gone.

If i'm John Wildhack they need to start to have hard conversations on the end game. This needs to be done delicately because JB wants to keep coaching. Maybe an NBA team can save us if he wants to stay in coaching
W-wait. You mean there is no secret plan to make a smooth transition? I could have sworn they told us that indeed there was an 'ironclad' plan in place.

Must've imagined it...

Neither of you are correct. SU owes JB a ton, but not everything. We made a FF with JBs predecessor. Any school who thinks it owes everything to an individual is in for trouble, which is where we seem to be with the basketball program, sadly.

You are 100% wrong. They have already given him the extended time at the helm and tolerated the poor performance and decline of the program. That’s all JB was ever owed and it has been given, paid in full. There is nothing more the school owes to JB. It’s finished.
They owe him a succession plan? What about the one in place he blew up ?

"Colgate moves the ball probably better than any team we'll face."
It's amazing what running an offense that utilizes passing can do. It's also a sign of a well coached team. Anyone can coach an isolation, "create-your-own-shot" offense.
I miss the old JB teams that ran effective offensive sets, even when we had poor shooting teams.

That was reminiscent of the winter warlock from Santa Claus is Coming to Town. A once powerful man is tired and worn and reduced to just a couple of withered old magic kernels in his pocket.
YOU WOULD BE VERY FOOLISH TO UNDERESTIMATE AN OLD WIZARD.

Neither of you are correct. SU owes JB a ton, but not everything. We made a FF with JBs predecessor. Any school who thinks it owes everything to an individual is in for trouble, which is where we seem to be with the basketball program, sadly.
SU doesn’t owe JB squat. He’s taken everything and anything he was ever owed, and then some

Records is 6-10, 250#

Woodward is 6-11, 270#
Neither are close to that height . Not even close. I don’t care what they’re listed at

"Colgate moves the ball probably better than any team we'll face."
It's amazing what running an offense that utilizes passing can do. It's also a sign of a well coached team. Anyone can coach an isolation, "create-your-own-shot" offense.
I miss the old JB teams that ran effective offensive sets, even when we had poor shooting teams.
Secrets revealed . We’ve never run good sets . We just out talented people

What was our offense last night coach?

To me it seemed like a bunch of guys standing around watching someone go one on one. And after 3 or 4 attempts if that didn't work they passed to another guy for his one v one. Then I saw Joe, jack up a lot of ridiculous 3's ...I see nothing has changed much.

I wondered if we offered any of these Colgate players that JB speaks so highly of? :rolleyes:

Secrets revealed . We’ve never run good sets . We just out talented people
Ummm, no. Look at how well our most of “greats” have done in the NBA. GMac, Moten, Thompson, Christmas, Santifer, etc. Look at the 1996 team. A bad call and injury to Z away from probably winning it all . Only Wallace would have been on the Kentucky roster.
Heck, just last year JB but two guys on NBA rosters m, one of whom was buried on Jay Wright’s bench and the other who was here only because he was the coach’s son.
SU has rarely had more talent than other major teams. JB just (usually) got the most of the talent he had.

Wildhack needs to deliver a him or me ultimatum to the board, and if it’s him, he needs to let people know why.

They owe him a glorious sendoff. We can agree to disagree. Syracuse - 46 years of Jim Boeheim = St Bonaventure
JB actually had the opportunity for a glorious send off last year when his sons graduated. He chose not to go out that way. His choice.

Lots of folks here keep trying to rationalize why JB shouldn't be shown the door. The excuses are starting to get very weak.

He needs to be shown the door. SU can do it publicly or privately, but either way the decision has to be made FOR JB, because JB has been completely incapable of making the proper decision FOR THE SCHOOL.

It didn't feel like they were shooting just from specific spots, It felt more like slash one way, then slash exactly 4-5 paces back the other direction and the ball will be passed perfectly with nobody in front of you during your relaxing pull-up.

I have always been pro the 2-3, even in our darkest moments, but I don't see how m2m with our longest bench in half a dozen years, could do much worse against that on the perimeter; outside of the occasional switch. Especially with 3 guards deserving of 30 minutes and a decent backup center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom