JB's Postgame Presser | Monmouth | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Monmouth

I cant ever remember seeing a kid significantly improve their rebounding. Shooting yes. D yes,
Ball handling and rebounding are two areas that are hard to improve. Buddy did a good job on his handle and D. But as to rebounding i cant name a forward that really improved much.
In terms of rebounds per 40 minutes, Jesse Edwards has improved by about 50% this season compared to his first three seasons. I'm sure there are others.

In terms of rebounds per 40 minutes, Jesse Edwards has improved by about 50% this season compared to his first three seasons. I'm sure there are others.
Centers yes. That is why i said forwards. Cant really think of one that started off as poor a rebounder as Bell and had great improvement

Centers yes. That is why i said forwards. Cant really think of one that started off as poor a rebounder as Bell and had great improvement

That’s kind of an odd take. You’re saying only a certain position can improve at a certain skill. Seems far fetched. What would be the reason that centers can become better rebounders but forwards can’t?

Maybe if you had hit the portal for a forward,, you wouldn't be hurting so bad at the forward position. Or, you could have encouraged Cole to come back.
Pretty sure he thinks about that decision a lot especially after Cole said he was willing to come back this year. Jim made the best recommendation for Cole.

That’s kind of an odd take. You’re saying only a certain position can improve at a certain skill. Seems far fetched. What would be the reason that centers can become better rebounders but forwards can’t?
No. Im saying that personally i dont recall any of our forwards making great improvements in rebounding. Centers usually take the longest to develop.
Im sure we have had centers that have significantly improved as rebounders i just dont remember any.

No. Im saying that personally i dont recall any of our forwards making great improvements in rebounding. Centers usually take the longest to develop.
Im sure we have had centers that have significantly improved as rebounders i just dont remember any.
I meant forwards that have improved alot

Why don’t they just put Bell up top in the zone?
I wish we would try something like this. Get back to having a lot of length up top. I like when we put Taylor up top too. With Joe and Judah not too many minutes up there but long term it might make more sense.

Like someone mentioned it’s really hard to improve rebounding. It’s more so a skill you either have or don’t.

I'm sure I can find SU forwards who improved significantly as rebounders. Seems like an odd stand to be taking. Some players certainly have an instinctive feel for rebounding and show up with that skill fully-formed, but many others do develop and improve over time, and I don't think a player's position on the court has much to do with it.

Honestly, Bell has played a little over 200 minutes of college basketball; to declare him a lost cause as a rebounder seems silly, particularly given his size and athleticism.

By the way, Benny wasn't a very good rebounder as a freshman, but has improved this season.

Man these pressers just don’t come off well.

Even at the end Donna tried to throw him a layup about Bennys improved shooting and JB said “it’s just one game he’s shouting 22%”.

Bell can’t rebound, we get it. But he constantly brings it up yet continues to play him. Either don’t bring it up anymore or sit him.

And that he's thinking about where/what he wants to eat after the games.
With an 8 oclock game you know he already hit the early bird special

Or, you could have encouraged Cole to come back.
That would have been selfish and very poor form. Whatever his warts, it seems that JB has the long term best interests of his players at heart and let’s that guide his advice about turning pro.

What happens with Bell will be interesting. JB has given him a loooooong leash but he’s going to have to get his nose dirty or sit and transfer.

Wait until the ACC workload.

Once ACC plays I think their will be opportunities for everyone. I think Bell and JT continue to get a chance, but I think Brown's minutes go up in league play because rebounds and fouls will be more impactful as the competition gets better.

JB can try some guys and ride the hot hand. Might see 20 minutes one night and 2 the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom