JB's Postgame Presser | Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Notre Dame

Jessie Edwards was interviewed on the court after the game and said JB, "is in the Hall of Fame for a reason," when asked about the game. He seems to know more about his coach than the "experts" on this site. He changed the tempo of the game with the press and used his improved (coached up) freshman, (at one point was 4 freshman and Jessie), in a dramatic comeback win.

JB still knows more about the game and coaching than most in the game. We are fortunate to have him and I will support him until he shows signs of dementia. Hell, Noam Chomsky is 94 years old and still makes more sense to me than journalists half his age.

He has a ‘GM’ now who can do his recruiting for him. What a great deal for a great game coach. Our critique of JB is he doesn’t put the effort into recruiting - thank NIL and AW for doing the recruiting - why would he leave now? This is the dream come true for him!

Jessie Edwards was interviewed on the court after the game and said JB, "is in the Hall of Fame for a reason," when asked about the game. He seems to know more about his coach than the "experts" on this site. He changed the tempo of the game with the press and used his improved (coached up) freshman, (at one point was 4 freshman and Jessie), in a dramatic comeback win.

JB still knows more about the game and coaching than most in the game. We are fortunate to have him and I will support him until he shows signs of dementia. Hell, Noam Chomsky is 94 years old and still makes more sense to me than journalists half his age.
You mean like…. what everyone was aggressively asking for? It wasn’t hard.

Sure… props for doing it. But.

Interesting comment on the team . Jims gearing up for a great year next season.

Interesting comment on the team . Jims gearing up for a great year next season.
Who knows, this team could have the potential to go on a bit of a run to end the year, maybe sneak into the tournament and win a game and generate some hype preseason next year. It’s a long shot but I feel like a team or 2 in the power 5 do it every year

But what? Everyone was aggressively asking for JB to do what he was obviously going to do if the deficit remained in double figures. It’s not like everyone was thinking outside the box.

“Everyone” was also aggressively asking for Bell to be taken out. “Everyone” says things.

Who knows, this team could have the potential to go on a bit of a run to end the year, maybe sneak into the tournament and win a game and generate some hype preseason next year. It’s a long shot but I feel like a team or 2 in the power 5 do it every year
There’s no one on the remaining schedule they can’t beat.

Yeah I agree. Kudos but the press was obviously needed and then he out coached Mike Brey ...still we will take it.

I wish this site had a dislike button.

Beating a horrible team by 1 at home proves his brilliance, I agree!

Waiting until you’re down 12 with under 10 to go is the perfect time to speed the tempo up! Can’t possibly do it any sooner! Gotta get their hopes up first, so you can pull the rug out!

But what? Everyone was aggressively asking for JB to do what he was obviously going to do if the deficit remained in double figures. It’s not like everyone was thinking outside the box.

“Everyone” was also aggressively asking for Bell to be taken out. “Everyone” says things.
Only because we knew he’d never take Joe out.

Can’t play a half court game against a team full of shooters with 2 terrible defenders on the floor.

If Joe doesn’t get banged up, we probably lose.

Beating a horrible team by 1 at home proves his brilliance, I agree!

Waiting until you’re down 12 with under 10 to go is the perfect time to speed the tempo up! Can’t possibly do it any sooner! Gotta get their hopes up first, so you can pull the rug out!
We won by five. You gave up on this team early in the second half.

Can’t play a half court game against a team full of shooters with 2 terrible defenders on the floor.

Did you eat your Sbarro?

Or win by double figures.

Or win by double figures.
Doubt it. Wasn’t his night and he was losing his composure going 1 on 4 twice in a row.

Thankfully he came back in and didn’t do anything nuts down the stretch.

The players played great. I wish Coach Boeheim would stop running a one trick pony defense and mix things up beyond pressing when we are down double digits.

The zone actually helped the opponent yesterday and that is a problem. Coach Boeheim can and should be able to mix things up beyond just a press so teams who have prepared for our zone exclusively and are conference opponents familiar with the zone can be confused.

Yesterday wasn’t a game to praise the in-game genius of Coach Boeheim it was a game to praise the patience and development of the players by the staff and players themselves.

The zone exclusive defense besides pressing is a major problem and why can’t even people who aren’t as frustrated as a big portion of the fanbase just admit that.

From now on I’ll start watching with 10 minutes to go, when coach starts actually trying to win.
I like it. That’s how I watched Game of Thrones.

The players played great. I wish Coach Boeheim would stop running a one trick pony defense and mix things up beyond pressing when we are down double digits.

The zone actually helped the opponent yesterday and that is a problem. Coach Boeheim can and should be able to mix things up beyond just a press so teams who have prepared for our zone exclusively and are conference opponents familiar with the zone can be confused.

Yesterday wasn’t a game to praise the in-game genius of Coach Boeheim it was a game to praise the patience and development of the players by the staff and players themselves.

The zone exclusive defense besides pressing is a major problem and why can’t even people who aren’t as frustrated as a big portion of the fanbase just admit that.
Sitting in a 2-3 against a team that’s only strength is shooting the 3 was absurd. Awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom