JB's Presser after BC | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after BC

So much frustration. And I get it. I don't understand how so many of these guys forget what to do in stretches. Some will say "that's on coaching" but there's a point where you can't finish OB's shots for him and you can't make PC board hard for 40 mins.

Jimmy, come on we won for crying out loud. Be happy! :)

That comment in regards to Donna's question is somewhat telling. Donna: "Tyus had the ball a lot tonight"...JB's response; "if he has it in his hands, somebody else can't screw it up." Interesting. Later he goes on to say that Frank was upset which I'd be upset if I was a senior too...but JB afterwards immediately affirming that Tyus is just flat out better with the ball and makes plays. Ouch!

Last edited:

That comment in regards to Donna's question is somewhat telling. Donna: "Tyus had the ball a lot tonight"...JB's response; "if he has it in his hands, somebody else can't screw it up." Interesting. Later he goes on to say that Frank was upset which I'd be upset if I was a senior too...but JB afterwards immediately affirming that Tyus is just flat out better with the ball and makes plays. Ouch!
I don’t think he was saying Tyus is better than frank with the ball but is playing better when he has the ball.

You left out the beginning of the sentence where he said Frank was playing well.

Tyus has the makings of an NBA point guard. He has to develop his passing and the pick and roll but he is much better at the point than he was at the start of the season. I hope he gets the chance to get as much work in at the point as possible. Obviously, he is our best player but he is so much better than everyone else that he needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. It seems that when Tyrus is in attacking mode, Oshae and Elija also become more aggressive.

Frank has been timid ever since his injury. Instead of becoming a more aggressive penetrater he has become a rather one dimensional jump shooter. He had one drive tonight. In fairness, he is very good at protecting the ball. His lack of penetration limits his ability to be creative.

Question for coached in the crowd. At this level is ball handling actually worked on in practice or is that on the player individually? I have never seen a capable team with worse ball handlers.

Question for coached in the crowd. At this level is ball handling actually worked on in practice or is that on the player individually? I have never seen a capable team with worse ball handlers.

I would think that practice time is so limited that ball handling is worked on in the off-season and individually outside of practice.

Ball handling is a tough skill to get better at as you get older. It is something you need to work on mostly on your own. When i was playing my HS coach told me that i needed to develop my off hand which for me was my left. His way of doing so consisted of basketball drills. All non shooting and more importantly daily life drills. He had me over the summer do everything left handed. Comb hair, knife fork spoon, open doors, jars, containers, brush teeth. EVERYTHING left handed. It worked. Even today im fairly strong with my left.

Tyus has the makings of an NBA point guard. He has to develop his passing and the pick and roll but he is much better at the point than he was at the start of the season. I hope he gets the chance to get as much work in at the point as possible. Obviously, he is our best player but he is so much better than everyone else that he needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. It seems that when Tyrus is in attacking mode, Oshae and Elija also become more aggressive.

Frank has been timid ever since his injury. Instead of becoming a more aggressive penetrater he has become a rather one dimensional jump shooter. He had one drive tonight. In fairness, he is very good at protecting the ball. His lack of penetration limits his ability to be creative.

Love Battle.

He’s not anywhere close to being an NBA PH.

Can’t believe how bad Oshae has been for most of this year.

Can’t believe how bad Oshae has been for most of this year.

Thought he was going to get going after he got in for that dunk early in the game. I was surprised he threw it down with such authority. But then turned into typical Oshae this year - some good moments outweighed by moments that make you want to pull your hair out.

We got a pretty good dose of "bad Frank" tonight at the beginning of the game but JB didn't pull him. Thought he worked his way out of it so I was a little surprised he wasn't in, down the stretch.

Frank is still very hesitant. By this time last year, he was decisive even if inconsistent.

Thought he was going to get going after he got in for that dunk early in the game. I was surprised he threw it down with such authority. But then turned into typical Oshae this year - some good moments outweighed by moments that make you want to pull your hair out.

Was happy he wasn’t lofting 3’s and was driving to the basket. He did go to the basket strong a few times making layups, hope he builds on it. His judgment on going to the basket near the very end when he could have used clock by pulling it out or passed it when it was 2 on 1 but ended with it being knocked out of his hands off himself could have been a killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom