JD Coach McKenney said Kentucky offered house to DaJuan | Syracusefan.com

JD Coach McKenney said Kentucky offered house to DaJuan

CuseACC

Walk On
Ummmm did anybody else listen to Mike Lindsley's interview of DaJuan Coleman's high school coach yesterday in which MCKenney basically said straight up that Kentucky offered Coleman a house for his family??? Surprised it hasn't come up in here yet.

Ummmm did anybody else listen to Mike Lindsley's interview of DaJuan Coleman's high school coach yesterday in which MCKenney basically said straight up that Kentucky offered Coleman a house for his family??? Surprised it hasn't come up in here yet.

Is there a link to a podcast? This could be juicy.

If DC2 was going to get a house, can you imagine what Noel got? Some UK recruits may take a pay cut when going to the NBA.

Memo to the NCAA: Wake the , already!!
Apparently everyone & their half-brother knows what PayPalCal does...except the almighty NCAA. :bang:

Agreed. Although it isn't PayPalCal directly--he has intermediaries who facilitate stuff like this so he can keep his hands clean.

But there is no doubt in my mind that UK is dirty as sh-t, and that the NCAA will eventually come down hard on them--probably even stripping them of last year's title / final four appearance. It's just a matter of when.

But it pisses me off to see how ineffectual the NCAA is. So much for reform.

Cal's smart enough to not do it directly. Noel was coming to SU one week before he committed to UK , but then received compensation from his network. Even Dakari commited to SU a few months ago but was swayed over to UK . But i dont know what was given to Dakari. Im guessing money also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it pisses me off to see how ineffectual the NCAA is. So much for reform.

You could almost equate it to Baseball and the steroid scandal. They just turned a blind eye to it for years as they were generating mega millions. Is the same thing happening in college basketball. March madness is extremely popular. Is it possible that they want a powerhouse team that polarizes the fans (think Duke and UCLA who everyone also either hated or loved and both programs had rumors of cheating) or is it a case where everyone is cheating so no one is willing to narc out the Kentucky program (except for maybe Bobby Knight).

Are you taking his comments out of context?

This would be ridiculous... is there a link?

How did the post standard not write a story?

It's on like donkey kong boys and girls, it's on! If there is validity, this gonna spread.

The coach saying it is 2nd hand and doesn't make it true. But if it is true, this is awfully imflammatory.

Are you taking his comments out of context?

This would be ridiculous... is there a link?

How did the post standard not write a story?

I am not taking anything out of context. He said it straight up. It amazes me that Calipari continues to cheat as he hops from school to school. McKenney has no allegiance to Kentucky or Calipari so I don't blame him for his candidness and honesty.

I am not taking anything out of context. He said it straight up. It amazes me that Calipari continues to cheat as he hops from school to school. McKenney has no allegiance to Kentucky or Calipari so I don't blame him for his candidness and honesty.

WOW. I didnt mean to question you personally. Just seems so crazy.

The coach saying it is 2nd hand and doesn't make it true. But if it is true, this is awfully imflammatory.
I am pretty sure this guy wouldn't say something this serious and we can all just pass it off as "second-hand" fodder. Come on now.

I am pretty sure this guy wouldn't say something this serious and we can all just pass it off as "second-hand" fodder. Come on now.

I'm not passing anything off--reread my post. I'm just pointing out that 2nd hand information doesn't necessarily make it true. But a HS coach saying it is definitely "smoke," and given Cal's history at his two previous college coaching stops one can assume where there's smoke there is fire.

I missed the interview .,,, is there a podcast or link?
I looked. Could not find one for this particular interview. If he posts one, I will be sure to link it here whenever that may be.

As incriminating as something like this could be - I don't at all like that its about one of our current players. Does that warrant an investigation of how SU recruited Dajaun? I hold my fingers crossed that SU never does anything of this sort.. ever. As much as I hate Cal/UK - as was said before about not criticizing or laughing at other teams scandals - this falls there for me. Let them cheat and bring in spoiled superstars. The stars aligned last year but Im betting UK doesn't win another one while Cal is at the helm.

I was told they offered to move his girlfriend down and told him he didn't have to take exams.

As incriminating as something like this could be - I don't at all like that its about one of our current players. Does that warrant an investigation of how SU recruited Dajaun? I hold my fingers crossed that SU never does anything of this sort.. ever. As much as I hate Cal/UK - as was said before about not criticizing or laughing at other teams scandals - this falls there for me. Let them cheat and bring in spoiled superstars. The stars aligned last year but Im betting UK doesn't win another one while Cal is at the helm.
I share a bit of your concern, but I think SU won this battle because of the long standing relationship and proximity to home. Look at the other guys whose "dream school" was SU and were on the verge of committing to SU only to pledge for UK at the last minute (Davis, Noel, Dakari Johnson), our ties were strong to them, but $omething made them choose UK.

The real problem with this as well is that these "offers" come from black holes. These are random phone calls, un postmarked or signed letters/emails - that then lead to a verbal conversation and other things you only see in the mafia or criminal cases. Its never tied directly to the instituition or a coach unless that institution or coach really messes up a la a Bruce Pearl. Of course the recruit knows where its coming from but they could never point to anyone and prove it. The only reason I know this is because of an encounter with the family of a former student athlete who was promised something by the school Cal was working for, then the student athlete couldn't make the grade and the family, which had made multiple changes, was left with an empty promise and no one to really point to for the blame. The family lost everything because of a promise gone bad. As much the family's fault for accepting a bribe of sorts but still sad and somewhat informative about how to get around the NCAA having proof.

What McKenney said was DaJuan is a better man for not accepting a house for his family from Kentucky, and instead playing for a good guy like Boeheim, and Syracuse University.

What McKenney said was DaJuan is a better man for not accepting a house for his family from Kentucky, and instead playing for a good guy like Boeheim, and Syracuse University.
Is that a direct quote of what is said??

If you google dajaun coleman kentucky and filter only the last 24 hours, the first hit is from Scout Premium, anyone have a subscription?
In the details of the first search it says
"Syracuse Freshman Player Dajuan Coleman came down to Kentucky and Syracuse. His High School Coach said on a local Syracuse radio show that UK ..."

This is the direct link I found, but alas, I am not a subscriber, but details and direct quotes might be there.

Might be nothing but it was from 3 hours ago, relatively new gnews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom