Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

I don't disagree, but he turned down the same money from Denver that Detroit offered him. That being said, getting to be the alpha in Detroit may very well earn him a lot more money on that next contract than playing 6th man in Denver would have.
I believe there is an article earlier in this thread where Grant talks about his desire to be in Detroit to work on social justice issues and how that played into his decisions.

I don't disagree, but he turned down the same money from Denver that Detroit offered him. That being said, getting to be the alpha in Detroit may very well earn him a lot more money on that next contract than playing 6th man in Denver would have.
The situation in Denver reminds me of the OKC logjam w/Harden, KD, and Westbrook where Harden was just too good to stay as the 3rd option.
Obviously Jerami’s not at that level... yet, but he’s gotten better and better. Handle, mid-range game, jumper- he just looks like a totally different player.

Mcw starting for Orlando tonight. He’s really been grinding to earn a spot in the league after a few years of injuries and ineffectiveness. Proud of him.

I really hope he can snag himself a spot on a title team at some point too a la Livingston at GS. He would make a perfect key bench player or 6th man for a contender.

No all star selection for Grant.

In other news, I did get an NBA Top Shot of him, my first one!

This is not a new article but it just popped up in my daily E-mail from the athletic so incase yu missed it:

Jerami sounds like another in a line of thoughtful 'woke' SU players like Etan Thomas and Carmelo Anthony.

Bigger announcement imo is that Gladys Knight will sing the anthem.

Stinks for Grant. Happy for Randle though. Randle's a dude that I think has taken a lot of unfair heat in his career.
Randle got the All Star berth. Hopefully Grant gets the Most Improved Player award, that I imagine they will both be strong contenders for.

First and final warning.

Politics isn't allowed here. But you knew that.

Personal sniping isn't allowed here. But you knew that.

Any posts responding to this one will be deleted. But you knew that.

Knock it off.

I favor Randle for Most Improved -no disrespect to Jerami.
Carrying Knicks to the playoffs!
Yeah, I can see the argument both ways. Grant is a guy whose role has really changed and has made the bigger statistical jump.

Randle is playing a similar role that he played last year, he’s just doing it better. So while his stats haven’t jumped as much - there’s less room for them to realistically jump.

I’ll be honest here - I already loved Grant as a player but I didn’t realize he had it in him to be the go to scorer offensively. 22.6 ppg with reasonable efficiency is more than I thought he could do.

Yeah, I can see the argument both ways. Grant is a guy whose role has really changed and has made the bigger statistical jump.

Randle is playing a similar role that he played last year, he’s just doing it better. So while his stats haven’t jumped as much - there’s less room for them to realistically jump.

I’ll be honest here - I already loved Grant as a player but I didn’t realize he had it in him to be the go to scorer offensively. 22.6 ppg with reasonable efficiency is more than I thought he could do.
Yep -kudos to Grant, made a big jump, having a great season, and very happy for him.
Won't go on about Julius here and hijack this Jerami Grant thread!

Gotta be Randle right?

JG. Randle averaged 19.7/9/3 last year vs 24/10/6 this year. Not nearly the jump JG took. Plus Porter is second year jump- not sure the rookie to second year jump gets you MIP.

JG. Randle averaged 19.7/9/3 last year vs 24/10/6 this year. Not nearly the jump JG took. Plus Porter is second year jump- not sure the rookie to second year jump gets you MIP.

Randle was the key player on a team that had massive improvement... that is a big advantage to his MIP case. The fact that his assists doubled from 3.1 to 6.0 are also huge -- shows how much more he was used on offence and it kick started the team's record.

I would have a lean to Randle if I voted, as great as a jump that Grant took. I think the New York market factor will also be to his advantage from a voter perspective.

Randle was the key player on a team that had massive improvement... that is a big advantage to his MIP case. The fact that his assists doubled from 3.1 to 6.0 are also huge -- shows how much more he was used on offence and it kick started the team's record.

I would have a lean to Randle if I voted, as great as a jump that Grant took. I think the New York market factor will also be to his advantage from a voter perspective.

Yeah I hear you. I do think that NY had a lot more than Randle that propelled them but it's a fair point. JG won't get another shot at it likely given he established himself now. Hopefully he can get a shot at being an All Star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom