Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
W Virginia would be a wheelhouse school but they won't touch Luck. And he knows it.

The final four was Miami, UConn, San Diego St, and Florida Atlantic.

We can’t compete with that?!!?
We can’t compete with Colgate . So the answer be NO

Guys we gained two potential NBA draft pics for less than the price of one Jesse.

That is the summary of this.

Yess we still need another C.

Jesse cared more about the money and looking good than he did about the coaches who helped pave his way and the school who made it all possible.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Or do. I stopped caring.

If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly here, SU's NIL collective did not want to overpay Edwards based on his perceived value. Maybe they think they can save that money and apply it more judiciously to another player. Fair enough. But I wonder if they are overlooking the value of retaining a likeable player that already has a fan following. Roster continuity used to make college special compared to the pros. From a business perspective, that can add up to real $ if fans are more engaged because they "know" the players.

Or put it this way, let's say we won a natty next year with a bunch of mercenaries. Guys like Dickinson and Moore. Something tells me it wouldn't feel quite right. Almost like Boeheim's Army winning a title. Yay. But maybe that's what it has come to.

Guys we gained two potential NBA draft pics for less than the price of one Jesse.

That is the summary of this.

Yess we still need another C.

Jesse cared more about the money and looking good than he did about the coaches who helped pave his way and the school who made it all possible.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Or do. I stopped caring.
Bingo.

This story has become exhausting.

I don't doubt we have challenges funding NIL. We're Syracuse and we know all about the institutional and geographic issues that challenge us. Been that way for a long time.

However, we met the Edwards's demands. And they choose to chase a higher offer. Such is life.

We have two very strong players coming in, and I'm certain we've given them NIL money to entice them.

We'll get a new Center and we'll play basketball in November.

Bingo.

I don't doubt we have challenges funding NIL. We're Syracuse and we know all about the institutional and geographic issues that challenge us. Been that way for a long time.

However, we met the Edwards's demands. And they choose to chase a higher offer. Such is life.

We have two very strong players coming in, and I'm certain we've given them NIL money to entice them.

wait we play ball this year?

Bingo.

Or, hear me out...

Benny Williams starts at the 5.

ESPN radio yesterday mentioned SU and it wasn't good. Talked about losing Jesse I don't think they had their facts correct but it doesn't matter it's out there that SU is weak in NIL.

ESPN radio yesterday mentioned SU and it wasn't good. Talked about losing Jesse I don't think they had their facts correct but it doesn't matter it's out there that SU is weak in NIL.
After two probations, Syracuse will never be at the forefront of anything that pushes the boundaries with the NCAA. We always seem to be behind

... One thing is for sure, if what he said about the job he is doing with regard to NIL, he wasn't prepared for dealing with foreign players...That really can't be disagreed with...
Yes, and that is EXACTLY what is so disurbing about the entire Jesse Edwards situation.
How could anyone putting an NIL collective today not be prepared to have means for dealing with foreign players?

Without considering any other possible structural problems, the primary issue before them now should be "how do we fix this asap so it doesn't happen again?"

Losing Jesse is a HUGE debacle.

Given the transfers in of Starling and Westry, the remaining likely possibility that Judah Mintz returns and the rest of the roster, if Jesse was coming back the Orange would would look like a top 20 team on paper.

Yes, and that is EXACTLY what is so disurbing about the entire Jesse Edwards situation.
How could anyone putting an NIL collective today not be prepared to have means for dealing with foreign players?

Without considering any other possible structural problems, the primary issue before them now should be "how do we fix this asap so it doesn't happen again?"

Given the transfers in of Starling and Westry, the remaining likely possibility that Judah Mintz returns and the rest of the roster, if Jesse was coming back the Orange would would look like a top 20 team on paper.
Let's wait to see who we get to replace him before we hit the panic button but you make a solid point. I don't believe however, we were ever going to meet Jesses price.

Yes, and that is EXACTLY what is so disurbing about the entire Jesse Edwards situation
The only thing disturbing about the Jesse situation is that there two sides to it, one isn't talking about it, the other is squawking about how it's not about the NIL money (but it totally is) and ... and oh no, that's Adam Weitsman's music WHAT THE DAMN HELL KING, WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?!

Nwa Chairshot GIF by United Wrestling Network

... and a third party unaffiliated with the university decided to take some shots as well.

And the last thing is that if Jesse was so in demand that his price shot up to nearly One Meeeelllllion dollars, why did he only consider WV and close out his transfer in a few days? I honestly think that the normal distribution of skill & talent among college players is so grouped around the median, that overspending is definitely counter-productive. UK and Duke have spent tons of money on freshmen over the last two decades they've been good for a grand total of three championships - or one fewer than UConn*.

* FFS, that hurts to type out.

Just looking online... appears that Heitner guy is also John Ruiz's lawyer in his NIL matter. Ruiz also has major financial issues... a separate issue.

Jesse is/was a nice player but not worth a milly. You don't need the biggest Collectives to win in basketball. You need the right scheme fits and player mentalities. We're in the "covid real estate" phase. Silly money out there.
I am going to make a facetious statement. Jesse is worth that much money if and only if he finds someone to pay him that much. Evidently, he (or his father) did find some one.

Jesse really wouldn't fit a fast paced game where you don't work the clock down.
He was never a DC who could grab a rebound outlet and beat people down the floor.
Red seems to want a fast paced game, get as many shots up as you can. The way we used to play, until Jim got old.
Then started iso ball which has been terrible the last 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom