Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id huck it back

Booo!!

Booooo!!!!

uh-no-boo-urns.gif

He can’t legally sign anything at WV until he enrolls. I’d still take him back in a heartbeat. Sometimes you don’t know what you have until you don’t have it anymore.

Lots of guys leave without doing active damage to the school.
My fear is schools smell blood in the water and start tampering with Judah, whereas maybe they otherwise wouldn't have contacted him.

Didn’t someone say Westrys asking price was only $150k?

Only? Lol that's not a low number...

The Tshiebwe and HD numbers are POY type figures at the very top. Jesse at near a mil is saying his value is near POY money. 150k for a guy like Westry is likely above his market potentially too but not nearly as far fetched

Because JJ and Chance were cheap and SU isn't serious about NIL?
How the hell do you think we got Starling and Westry? You think they're worth nothing?
Whether you agree with it or not, the word is out for anyone listening that Cuse just lost its second best player due to NIL. It doesn't matter what actually happened. It doesn't matter how much NIL money Cuse has. My point is someone might see Cuse got outbid for Jesse in the high six figures, and might kick the tires with Judah with a similar offer. Maybe it doesn't work, but maybe it does.

Like everyone has said, there's a point where the bidding gets ridiculous and the staff shouldn't pay the player. A program that's a guard short of a big season might be willing to pay more than anyone else. Who knows. But we shouldn't assume just because we the fans know our NIL is ok and we got JJ and Chance (who were cheaper than Jesse) that someone in another part of the country won't at least try. The last thing we need is to be the target of constant tampering and bidding wars for our own guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom