Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to make a facetious statement. Jesse is worth that much money if and only if he finds someone to pay him that much. Evidently, he (or his father) did find some one.
I made a similar comment. 1400+ are in the portal and the majority are looking for a paycheck. Jesse won the Golden Goose. I'm not faulting him as a 5th year player looking to get paid, but the way he went about it, allegedly, left a lot to be desired

I made a similar comment. 1400+ are in the portal and the majority are looking for a paycheck. Jesse won the Golden Goose. I'm not faulting him as a 5th year player looking to get paid, but the way he went about it, allegedly, left a lot to be desired

The WV NIL guy said they haven't even done the contract for Jesse yet and that the $800K number floating around didn't come from them (insinuating it's not what was agreed or that they didn't leak the number.)

I am going to make a facetious statement. Jesse is worth that much money if and only if he finds someone to pay him that much. Evidently, he (or his father) did find some one.
He really means worth it to us I would assume.

The WV NIL guy said they haven't even done the contract for Jesse yet and that the $800K number floating around didn't come from them (insinuating it's not what was agreed or that they didn't leak the number.)
They have more than one NIL guy.

That's why I think the word allegedly is appropriate. Jesse's camp is doing some talking but I think that's it.

Todd Burgan, Chaundu Carey, Tony Scott, and not sure on the other.
Thank you, Wow, Tony Scott, a Rochester guy, good outside shooter, who left after 2 years to Texas A& M but was ruled ineligible. Always wondered what happened to him. Hope he’s doing well.

Chandu Carey must have been a walk on. Name is familiar but don’t recall him playing though.

A couple of things Jesse wanted to stay the thought on the board is because he got twice the money. The narrative in the press is more about SU not being able or willing to play in the grey with a foreign NIL situation. Regardless he is gone, and he is a loss. How big of one remains to be seen. Jesse isn't what I would call Charmin soft, but I wouldn't want him in a fox hole with me either. His game is solid but does his game translate to what red wants to run on O and D? I personally think that we will be fine without him maybe not as good in some areas but possibly better in others.
As to his fit at WVU it doesn't seem like a great one. Maybe the drinking Bear has other thoughts, but he just seems out of place there. Again, time will tell. The good news is that with Joe and Jesse gone so with it goes the JB era. The remaining guys are more Red than JB and the positive is that year one for Red will truly be his team. Best of luck to Jesse hope he doesn't end up forgetting how to read and write and eat with utensils.

A couple of things Jesse wanted to stay the thought on the board is because he got twice the money. The narrative in the press is more about SU not being able or willing to play in the grey with a foreign NIL situation. Regardless he is gone, and he is a loss. How big of one remains to be seen. Jesse isn't what I would call Charmin soft, but I wouldn't want him in a fox hole with me either. His game is solid but does his game translate to what red wants to run on O and D? I personally think that we will be fine without him maybe not as good in some areas but possibly better in others.
As to his fit at WVU it doesn't seem like a great one. Maybe the drinking Bear has other thoughts, but he just seems out of place there. Again, time will tell. The good news is that with Joe and Jesse gone so with it goes the JB era. The remaining guys are more Red than JB and the positive is that year one for Red will truly be his team. Best of luck to Jesse hope he doesn't end up forgetting how to read and write and eat with utensils.

No media that matters cares about whatever narrative Jesse is putting out there, or AW for that matter.

People are magnifying aggregators and local news that won't matter. I know how harsh that sounds, but literally it will not matter. They'll come around when this nothing burger runs out of steam and we are looking at our most athletic team in years with a very high ceiling.

Chance Westry made the front page of ESPN.com. We're fine.

Doesn't matter whether Jesse fits at WVU, they hit his number. He got to pretend that Kansas wanted him. Hope it makes him happy.

Onwards.

No media that matters cares about whatever narrative Jesse is putting out there, or AW for that matter.

People are magnifying aggregators and local news that won't matter. I know how harsh that sounds, but literally it will not matter. They'll come around when this nothing burger runs out of steam and we are looking at our most athletic team in years with a very high ceiling.

Chance Westry made the front page of ESPN.com. We're fine.

Doesn't matter whether Jesse fits at WVU, they hit his number. He got to pretend that Kansas wanted him. Hope it makes him happy.

Onwards.

As long as the news stuff around the SU NIL issues doesn't persist I agree. That was the biggest frustration is that it's been re visited like 6 times. Hopefully it's come to an end. Enough is enough. If it does continue it could be problematic.

Yeah I've seen nothing targeted NIL wise as an alum other than folks sharing things here.
My wife and I both get copies of whatever the alumni magazine is every quarter/whatever it is. Seems like the collective would do well to send out some type of correspondance, especially directed at anybody who's ever been an athletic supporter, bought tix or whatever. Or at the minimum do a front page feature in the alumni mag.

My wife and I both get copies of whatever the alumni magazine is every quarter/whatever it is. Seems like the collective would do well to send out some type of correspondance, especially directed at anybody who's ever been an athletic supporter, bought tix or whatever. Or at the minimum do a front page feature in the alumni mag.

Yeah... plus they should be setup on linked in as tons of us have contact info there too. Lots of ways to get the money flowing.

randy marsh GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors