Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the staff gets Dickinson, which I doubt, this could have a really bad domino effect. Our guy trying to get drafted and high end guys in the portal don't want to be on a horrible team.

I’ve never put anyone on “ignore” before but I think if I put cuse181 on ignore I probably could have saved at least 10 minutes of reading in just this thread.

Just a PSA for everyone.

At least the PIC or alter ego isn't on here too

That’s only one side of the equation.
yes, there's revenue in and payments out. I've handled money before.

I know SU has to pay the coaches and admin staff, and the athletic department and all of their salaries and sheesh, by the time they're done, there's no money left.

south-park-its-gone.gif

But for all that money coming in, it's still amateurish.

For an allegedly top-5 revenue program, it's awfully amateurish about things.

(I have no idea about this site, but I've seen this reported before and it could be wrong, but this is based on the best publicly available information, *shrug*)
Yea, if they want to keep that revenue high, they need to be doing everything they can to work the NIL game. Get those rich boosters in here who will give kids the $$$. Also, Jesse’s NIL value should be highest in Syracuse because he’s already a known quantity/brand in upstate New York. He’s not going to be as widely known elsewhere.

Last edited:
Unless the staff gets Dickinson, which I doubt, this could have a really bad domino effect. Our guy trying to get drafted and high end guys in the portal don't want to be on a horrible team.

Dickinson, Ike or one of the top 10 bigs. It would have been easier at this point had Jesse gone portal 3 weeks ago. This Donna article makes us look and sound like a mid major program. We need a splash because without one...

Thanks for the info. Unbelievable. What is wrong with our boosters not stepping up? Maybe losing Adam is a bigger deal than we think? And does loyalty not matter anymore? Also, hello tampering. That’s what the NCAA needs to crack down on asap. Rules need to change and there needs to be NIL guardrails. Congress needs to get involved to stop this nonsense. If not, the no-sit-out transfer rule needs to end.
Losing Adam is a huge deal.

Yea, if they want to keep that revenue high, they need to be doing everything they can to work the NIL game. Get those rich boosters in here who will give kids the $$$. Also, Jesse’s NIL value should be higeset in Syracuse because he’s already a known quantity/brand in upstate New York. He’s not going to be as widely known elsewhere.

What about the JMA guy?? I mean I wondered once they announced why this immediately wasn't a potential NIL whale.

yes, there's revenue in and payments out. I've handled money before.

I know SU has to pay the coaches and admin staff, and the athletic department and all of their salaries and sheesh, by the time they're done, there's no money left.

south-park-its-gone.gif

But for all that money coming in, it's still amateurish.

Just to have a game at the dome is more than pretty much anyplace else. And what are you discussing when you say amateurish?

Dickinson, Ike or one of the top 10 bigs. It would have been easier at this point had Jesse gone portal 3 weeks ago. This Donna article makes us look and sound like a mid major program. We need a splash because without one...
When NIL was first introduced, I thought this is going to kill mid-majors because they'll develop guys out of high school and then they'll just transfer to a P6 program once they develop. At the time, I just didn't think Cuse was one of those mid-majors.

Thanks for the info. Unbelievable. What is wrong with our boosters not stepping up? Maybe losing Adam is a bigger deal than we think? And does loyalty not matter anymore? Also, hello tampering. That’s what the NCAA needs to crack down on asap. Rules need to change and there needs to be NIL guardrails. Congress needs to get involved to stop this nonsense. If not, the no-sit-out transfer rule needs to end.

Well according to some we have two other people that are now in the NIL game. One being as well off as Adam.

When NIL was first introduced, I thought this is going to kill mid-majors because they'll develop guys out of high school and then they'll just transfer to a P6 program once they develop. At the time, I just didn't think Cuse was one of those mid-majors.

Yeah and as I said last night... we also have gone hog wild raising money for the dome. If NIL failures have programs falling off a cliff for good... that's gonna be a massive black eye too. Come look at our sparsely filled new dome and fan additions:(

I’m not buying we can’t find enough money for NIL. We can raise a gajillion dollars to renovate facilities, but can’t for NIL? If that’s the case our fundraising sucks and we don’t have the right people leading the charge.

Anybody get to listen to Dean's take before he removed it?

Losing Adam is a huge deal.
But we’ve been told by multiple posters and Dean that the new NIL people were legit and would keep us competing for top talent, albeit more quietly. JB said Adam was only giving our players like five figure deals last year.

Anyone "in the know" have some clue as to true NIL numbers? Can't really blame Edwards and his family, if say, Peter Carey is making more NIL money than Jesse.

Im not super active here so I don’t know who you are talking about. But if its a staff member I highly doubt it. This staff is not as close to the players as you think
This could not be more false about the staff not being close to the players. Especially this group of coaches and this group of players. You’re completely wrong

Yea, if they want to keep that revenue high, they need to be doing everything they can to work the NIL game. Get those rich boosters in here who will give kids the $$$. Also, Jesse’s NIL value should be higeset in Syracuse because he’s already a known quantity/brand in upstate New York. He’s not going to be as widely known elsewhere.

But this isn’t necessarily how NIL deals happen. So the big business “person” who wants to give $ to a center then can potentially help his favorite team. 10 years ago he had to do it illegally, now he can do it legally. I don’t think most of these big spenders are looking for a return on their investment other than on the court. Jesse being/not being a known brand somewhere else isn’t an issue. Throwing him in a commercial is just a way to give players $ legally. However, Jesse now being one of the top portal players is now a known brand to the rest of the country to any team that picks him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom