Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepared how?

He said they couldn't structure a deal legally in the timeframe needed and that the collectives are simply not set-up to handle NIL for foreign students.

None of what you bolded matters if they can't do step one and put it in a contract that meets legal compliance.

“Bristol said SU’s collectives were prepared to find deals for Edwards in the low six-figures.”

Since you seem to want to ignore some words and take other written words as gospel, then how do you reconcile Bristol’s counterpart at WVU who said the following in the same article. How is that different that what Bristol is saying?

Stephen Ford, the general manager and COO of Country Roads Trust, said he heard rumors about high six-figure money West Virginia was proposing for Edwards. Those figures, he said, did not originate from the Country Roads Trust.

“I did see what was thrown out there, but none came from our camp, none that we’re aware of,” Ford said. “Once Jesse does the things he needs to do to finish up at Syracuse and becomes an official student here at West Virginia University, that’s when we’re able to talk numbers and get a contract with him.”

“Bristol said SU’s collectives were prepared to find deals for Edwards in the low six-figures.”

Since you seem to want to ignore some words and take other written words as gospel, then how do you reconcile Bristol’s counterpart at WVU who said the following in the same article. How is that different that what Bristol is saying?

Stephen Ford, the general manager and COO of Country Roads Trust, said he heard rumors about high six-figure money West Virginia was proposing for Edwards. Those figures, he said, did not originate from the Country Roads Trust.

“I did see what was thrown out there, but none came from our camp, none that we’re aware of,” Ford said. “Once Jesse does the things he needs to do to finish up at Syracuse and becomes an official student here at West Virginia University, that’s when we’re able to talk numbers and get a contract with him.”

Nah, we didn’t tamper with a student-athlete attending another NCAA institution before they officially entered the Transfer Portal.

Psyche! We totally did.

Jesse already said things counter to Ford. He said the NIL was nice.

Besides Coleman, who’s in the back row?
Back row - DNic?, ?, ?, DC, Todd Burgan
Front row - Devo, Allen Griffin, Lawrence Moten

Embarrassed that I don’t recognize the other 2 in the front row and I’m guessing on Demetrius.

I would assume WV have some sort of agreement in principle with him on the numbers (whatever they are), if the contract is not fully fleshed-out. Is that in compliance with NIL requirements? I don't know, but it would be really stupid of them to say that out loud if it's not. Lawyers talking with lawyers got them to the transfer announcement, I'm sure.

But the point I was trying to make on the Cuse collectives... whatever the legal requirements are to structure a NIL offer were for Edwards, Bristol said they weren't in a position to do it in the timeframe needed and they are not currently set-up to handle NIL for foreign students.

That's a very definitive statement.

Particularly if the actual numbers aren't $800K (and likely lower), as Ford from the WV NIL group intimates.

Back row - DNic?, ?, ?, DC, Todd Burgan
Front row - Devo, Allen Griffin, Lawrence Moten

Embarrassed that I don’t recognize the other 2 in the front row and I’m guessing on Demetrius.
I had those five too. I don’t think that DN. Get the Michigan guys after Hunter!

I would assume WV have some sort of agreement in principle with him on the numbers (whatever they are), if the contract is not fully fleshed-out. Is that in compliance with NIL requirements? I don't know, but it would be really stupid of them to say that out loud if it's not. Lawyers talking with lawyers got them to the transfer announcement, I'm sure.

But the point I was trying to make on the Cuse collectives... whatever the legal requirements are to structure a NIL offer were for Edwards, Bristol said they weren't in a position to do it in the timeframe needed and they are not currently set-up to handle NIL for foreign students.

Particularly if the actual numbers aren't $800K (and likely lower), as Ford from the WV NIL group intimates.
Except then they did figure it out, and they did offer

And what I bolded was counter to that. So in other words he made conflicting statements. And if you want to believe we had no deal with Jesse, which we did, then you must also believe WVU didn’t have a deal either.

Mike is a good guy. Clowns can say that they heard bad things but he isn’t lying.
Clowns? LOL I know two people that know him. They think very little of him. One other person that knows him likes him. That is you. Without knowing me, you called me a clown. Not really impressed with you and your manners. One thing is for sure, if what he said about the job he is doing with regard to NIL, he wasn't prepared for dealing with foreign players. We have foreign players all over the university. He obviously isn't very good at this job. That really can't be disagreed with. His own words confirm that.

Last edited:
And what I bolded was counter to that. So in other words he made conflicting statements. And if you want to believe we had no deal with Jesse, which we did, then you must also believe WVU didn’t have a deal either.

Yes, it appears people are lying.

That much is clear.

Who's telling the truth vs. who's not, much harder to discern...

Because Edwards had accepted a lower amount and then asked for the $400k to match another supposed offer and then accepted that and again asked for several hundred thousand more. How many times can that happen and who is to say that it wouldn't happen again?
You keep asking until you get a winner

You keep asking until you get a winner
Wait. You believe that after you accept a deal, it is a okay to go out and ask another bidder for more? You understand that in business, you only get to do that once. Once it is around that your word is crap, you are finished. I am in the process of selling my business. I have met the worst people I have ever met in this process. But once that is determined, they are out. I won't even take their phone calls.

I was told a couple days ago no one from the collectives would be making any comment on the Jesse transfer, that the MO is you never do that, and that it's ridiculous to even think someone might comment.

My original point was that if camp Jesse was lying about what did and didn't go down with regards to Cuse's offer (which many were saying was the case), that is the only narrative out there if you stick to the first rule about fight club and say nothing.
I get that but as a pr professional, there’s ways to impact things without going on the record. We should fight back a little. I’m happy to do it for the university for free. It’s annoying we’re getting abused on this.

I would imagine the SU alumni office has contact information. Don't see how sharing that would be a problem...
They fight between schools about fundraising. I doubt they coordinate much. The fundraising fights at SU are ridic. They ain’t helping athletics. It’s a huge problem.

I get that but as a pr professional, there’s ways to impact things without going on the record. We should fight back a little. I’m happy to do it for the university for free. It’s annoying we’re getting abused on this.
If we get a couple more players behind the scenes that are similarly as impressive as Westry and Starling, the abuse will quickly dissipate.

Clowns? LOL I know two people that know him. They think very little of him. One other person that knows him likes him. That is you. Without knowing me, you called me a clown. Not really impressed with you and your manners. One thing is for sure, if what he said about the job he is doing with regard to NIL, he wasn't prepared for dealing with foreign players. We have foreign players all over the university. He obviously isn't very good at this job. That really can't be disagreed with. His own words confirm that.
I like Donna as a person but as a reporter and diligence finder, she’s real meh. The story is a joke.

If we get a couple more players behind the scenes that are similarly as impressive as Westry and Starling, the abuse will quickly dissipate.
Agree. But in the interim we can still impact things. Not trying is not helping us.

Animated GIF

Jim and his new cushy job should include coordinating a real collective that is well prepared and well equipped to handle the American and foreign players. Set the university up foe future success. Does worry me that Bristol is apparently a Jim friend, and is possibly the way he got this job. We don’t need friends getting jobs they are not qualified for. Need a leader and innovator to be creative with NIL opportunities. Bristol seems about as opposite of that as you can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom