Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

...And if you really feel the need to make the comparison with Buddy, I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?

Pretty sure San Diego state was like a top 10 d going into our game that Buddy literally destroyed them in, but continue...

Even for you that "argument" is laughable. Are they the same player? How many other real transfer possibilities did Jimmy Boeheim have? Do you think he addresses the deficiencies that Boeheim's teams continue to exhibit? ...And if you really feel the need to make the comparison with Buddy, I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?
Wait a minute, hold the phone. You were the one making the comparison with Buddy when you said adding “another Boeheim” makes the team slower and less athletic.

Don't understand debating Jimmy coming to SU now -the deal is done.
Jimmy must be confident he'll contribute, otherwise why step into this hornet's nest?
Whether he exceeds expectations or ends up being topic of a long thread of despair here, have to respect Jimmy's confidence/courage. I'm sure he plans to silence the doubters and hope he does.
Rolling with it and hoping the team exceeds expectations.

Even for you that "argument" is laughable. Are they the same player? How many other real transfer possibilities did Jimmy Boeheim have? Do you think he addresses the deficiencies that Boeheim's teams continue to exhibit? ...And if you really feel the need to make the comparison with Buddy, I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?
yeah, he killed us. *I did like the even for you part. I mean, coming from such a respected poster as yourself, that means something.

WATCH ME POST ABOUT ALL BOEHEIMS BEING SLOW AND UNATHLETIC AND THEN ATTACK YOU FOR TALKING ABOUT ONE OF THOSE BOEHEIMS

Don't understand debating Jimmy coming to SU now -the deal is done.
Jimmy must be confident he'll contribute, otherwise why step into this hornet's nest?
Whether he exceeds expectations or ends up being topic of a long thread of despair here, have to respect Jimmy's confidence/courage. I'm sure he plans to silence the doubters and hope he does.
Rolling with it and hoping the team exceeds expectations.
Jimmy doesn't have to be confident he'll contribute. He might be at a point where being part of the SU family, and getting to take in a piece of his fathers legacy, would be an experience worthy of having even without a big playing role.

It was mentioned he was being brought in as the possible 4th forward. The QG decision probably greatly affects the amount of time Jimmy will see. And Jimmy could also be some type of help if Frank leaves, as a possible 3rd offensive center. He's great insurance to have in the chaotic covid times.

yeah, he killed us. *I did like the even for you part. I mean, coming from such a respected poster as yourself, that means something.
RoofBeam ...will you be able to recover after having your message board credibility called out????

RoofBeam ...will you be able to recover after having your message board credibility called out????
How was his credibility called out? I was praising him. And it was he calling my credibility in to question with the even for you line. Where were you to ask me the same question????? I'm crushed.

I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?
the entire team sucked canal water vs Houston and you want to single out Buddy? Sure, OK. Even on an off scoring night, he led the team in rebounds Vs the Cougars. From the backcourt...

I think Jimmy will exceed expectations.

In a lot of ways, he is the antithesis of what we have seen lately at the forward slot - very experienced, big frame, not the most athletic (though certainly not unathletic either), hopefully a very cerebral and well-rounded player who can do a bit of everything...kinda the opposite of Alan Griffin...

many of the recent and less recent forwards have many of the same qualities...but we havent seen a player with his profile recently for the Orange...

I expect him to excel in the mental part of the game and how his individual play fits into the fabric of the team - which, to me, aside from just plain ability - is the key to doing well in orange...and an area that so many players for the orange have not been strongest in, understandably.

The players who can think fastest - while also executing the scheme as it is designed - make the most impact. I think he will be a good scorer, passser etc on offense and that he will not be a player other teams can ignore. and on defense, i expect he will know the zone well enough to be in the right place at the right time and use his size to advantage...

I dont see much risk that he wont be an asset and see a chance he could be a big asset.

I think Jimmy will exceed expectations.

In a lot of ways, he is the antithesis of what we have seen lately at the forward slot - very experienced, big frame, not the most athletic (though certainly not unathletic either), hopefully a very cerebral and well-rounded player who can do a bit of everything...kinda the opposite of Alan Griffin...

many of the recent and less recent forwards have many of the same qualities...but we havent seen a player with his profile recently for the Orange...

I expect him to excel in the mental part of the game and how his individual play fits into the fabric of the team - which, to me, aside from just plain ability - is the key to doing well in orange...and an area that so many players for the orange have not been strongest in, understandably.

The players who can think fastest - while also executing the scheme as it is designed - make the most impact. I think he will be a good scorer, passser etc on offense and that he will not be a player other teams can ignore. and on defense, i expect he will know the zone well enough to be in the right place at the right time and use his size to advantage...

I dont see much risk that he wont be an asset and see a chance he could be a big asset.
It's a cliche that a coach's son is smart and a gym rat but Jimmy is Cornell grad with a baseball court at his house.

Here is the thing- when you take some information that everyone appreciates and then use it as leverage to run with a constant bashing/negative opinion it's an old schtick. Your opinion is your opinion but blending a few nuggets into your view is not how having information to share works. In fact if I am passing along a few things and you use it like you have been to self serve your need to denigrate the program I am shutting it down.

Furthermore, then to play victim as though your info is attacked/questioned makes it worse. I've seen it for a while and held my tongue but it's getting old and for the sake of your source too.. don't drag their info onto your soapbox- or maybe they want you to.. but that would seem unlikely.
Lol um what?

My source or I guess my connection to the staff is actually on this site and use to post a ton (more AAU news/insight) but nonetheless, did post, stepped completely away and mentioned that character attacks will come with posting. Francis described this in detail as well. I dont even remotely mind disagreement or ripping through the info because thats normal but I’ll say its been pretty spot on besides the Gayle call but now I’m playing a victim (lol on a forum). I called dash out on how he was replying back to me and others. The man gets in fights with posters in every thread.

We down to like 3 insiders (and to kill your “big headed” dig at me, I’m not an insider. I simply pass along the info from him) on this site now since Hop left but character attacks certainly will bring more back

Lol um what?

My source or I guess my connection to the staff is actually on this site and use to post a ton (more AAU news/insight) but nonetheless, did post, stepped completely away and mentioned that character attacks will come with posting. Francis described this in detail as well. I dont even remotely mind disagreement or ripping through the info because thats normal but I’ll say its been pretty spot on besides the Gayle call but now I’m playing a victim (lol on a forum). I called dash out on how he was replying back to me and others. The man gets in fights with posters in every thread.

We down to like 3 insiders (and to kill your “big headed” dig at me, I’m not an insider. I simply pass along the info from him) on this site now since Hop left but character attacks certainly will bring more back
I for one appreciate your posts.

Lol um what?

Lol um what?

I never have questioned your source if you actually read what I wrote. I was pointing out how you rep it, the snark anytime anyone even asks a question ( multiple times thrown at me) and how you layer your own opinion overtop what you share a lot. If you don't think that is so then read your own posts.

Information is of course appreciated and for the 10 thousandth time I never have not would question it's veracity. Put it this way if and when I ever get a nugget I either share or don't share. It's rare but you won't find it wrapped into an opinion. So despite the sheepish comment you opened your response with... It is pretty obvious.

Let me just add that like dasher I've heard some different things around Richmond. Not things I have any green light to share. None of my opinions I have expressed on this board are reflective of what I have been told just that it's not fully congruent with some things you have shared and I trust the source. That is more than I really cared to even say but this holier than though crap gets old.

Also if you are curious PM me.

Last edited:
I never have questioned your source if you actually read what I wrote. I was pointing out how you rep it, the snark anytime anyone even asks a question ( multiple times thrown at me) and how you layer your own opinion overtop what you share a lot. If you don't think that is so then read your own posts.

Information is of course appreciated and for the 10 thousandth time I never have not would question it's veracity. Put it this way if and when I ever get a nugget I either share or don't share. It's rare but you won't find it wrapped into an opinion. So despite the sheepish comment you opened your response with... It is pretty obvious.

Let me just add that like dasher I've heard some different things around Richmond. Not things I have any green light to share. None of my opinions I have expressed on this board are reflective of what I have been told just that it's not fully congruent with some things you have shared and I trust the source. That is more than I really cared to even say but this holier than though crap gets old.

Also if you are curious PM me.
Again I'm still not understand where I'm being snark or attacking someone who questions info I share. In this thread, when the so called Know it All was saying my information was 100% false...well, hes wrong because the assistant coach who recruiting the player we were talking about WAS THE SOURCE...ya I'm going to reply back and say you're wrong cuz he is wrong. Again, I'll say this...Francis confirmed everything I said about the ex-cuse player. Trust Francis over anyone because he's been at this longer than anyone.

I'm just going to follow the model of CuseMan4 who I think does it right and just sprinkles a nugget here and there than lerks and leaves. I guess my problem is I would debate/post personal opinion stuff and people are hanging on every word I'm posting? (again, from what you're saying it's painting that picture to me).

What word would prefer captain argumentative?

From what I’ve heard, at least one of the coaching staff didn’t want some of the transfers to happen.
So Allen Griffin or Red?

Again I'm still not understand where I'm being snark or attacking someone who questions info I share. In this thread, when the so called Know it All was saying my information was 100% false...well, hes wrong because the assistant coach who recruiting the player we were talking about WAS THE SOURCE...ya I'm going to reply back and say you're wrong cuz he is wrong. Again, I'll say this...Francis confirmed everything I said about the ex-cuse player. Trust Francis over anyone because he's been at this longer than anyone.

I'm just going to follow the model of CuseMan4 who I think does it right and just sprinkles a nugget here and there than lerks and leaves. I guess my problem is I would debate/post personal opinion stuff and people are hanging on every word I'm posting? (again, from what you're saying it's painting that picture to me).

I've got nothing else to add. If you can't see it then so be it. And for the record I know very well that Francis has good connect and am very familiar. This has zero to do with Dean.

You do you.

I've got nothing else to add. If you can't see it then so be it. And for the record I know very well that Francis has good connect and am very familiar. This has zero to do with Dean.

You do you.
Na...no "you do you" or "I got nothing else to add". You flapped your finger gums and called me out, went after me personally and now you want to say you do you. Talking out of both sides of your mouth now. Don't bite your tongue now. Admit it, you hang on every word I typed out and you let my personal opinion on things get under your skin. That sounds like a you problem.

I brought up Francis because he confirmed the exact output of what happened with Kadary and JB. The exact thing I said too but because it doesn't fit yours or dash's liking...it's wrong? Again, I don't care if you dispute or rip apart the info, that's fine. But don't say I'm 100% false or lying (you didn't say that, dash did but you want to co-sign him so you're lumped in there).

Na...no "you do you" or "I got nothing else to add". You flapped your finger gums and called me out, went after me personally and now you want to say you do you. Talking out of both sides of your mouth now. Don't bite your tongue now. Admit it, you hang on every word I typed out and you let my personal opinion on things get under your skin. That sounds like a you problem.

I brought up Francis because he confirmed the exact output of what happened with Kadary and JB. The exact thing I said too but because it doesn't fit yours or dash's liking...it's wrong? Again, I don't care if you dispute or rip apart the info, that's fine. But don't say I'm 100% false or lying (you didn't say that, dash did but you want to co-sign him so you're lumped in there).

PM me if you want. I said my peace and you didn't like it. That is ok. It's not personal not even 1/1000th no matter how hard you try and make it so. Ignore works good too.

Yeah it’s probably the best approach.

If I had "sources" I wouldn't share anything with the source-less peasants.

Go make some friends who know things like your ancestors had to instead of relying on strangers on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom