Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Guess that Jimmy B will be 23-24 and Bourama will be 24-25 when they play in 2021-2022 season.
I don't think so.

According to his Cuse.com bio, Sidibe was born in November of 1997. That means he is 23 now and will turn 24 in November.

I can't find Jimmy Jr's birthday, but it had to be at least 9 months before Buddy's (November of 1999). JB and Juli were married in October of 1997. Guessing it happened around November or December of 1998.

That would make him 22 today but he will be 23 for most of the season.

I hear what people are saying about the negativity as I was a subscriber. He bleeds Orange which is great but some of it can be over the top. My biggest complaint was after I decided to leave, Patreon makes it extremely challenging to back out.

I hear what people are saying about the negativity as I was a subscriber. He bleeds Orange which is great but some of it can be over the top. My biggest complaint was after I decided to leave, Patreon makes it extremely challenging to back out.
I don't think so.

According to his Cuse.com bio, Sidibe was born in November of 1997. That means he is 23 now and will turn 24 in November.

I can't find Jimmy Jr's birthday, but it had to be at least 9 months before Buddy's (November of 1999). JB and Juli were married in October of 1997. Guessing it happened around November or December of 1998.

That would make him 22 today but he will be 23 for most of the season.
I had their birth dates one time from their bios. I’m wrong on Sidibe (math and bad eyesight are a curse). Believe that Jim Jr is two years older than Buddy. He spent 4 years at JD and then went to New Hampton for a prep season. Add on 4 years at Cornell. His age gets up there. He will be 23 in November.

I had their birth dates one time from their bios. I’m wrong on Sidibe (math and bad eyesight are a curse). Believe that Jim Jr is two years older than Buddy. He spent 4 years at JD and then went to New Hampton for a prep season. Add on 4 years at Cornell. His age gets up there. He will be 23 in November.
If Jimmy Jr was born in late 1998, he will indeed be 23 in November, as I said. I think we are in agreement on both players.

We have had good results with experienced players. Those guys that took a redshirt year really seemed to benefit from it. I think these two with too.

Blind negativity is no better than blind optimism.

I am all about being supportive and optimistic, but being realistic and calling a spade a spade.

Spot on. Fans can be supportive of the program / appreciative of all of JB's eye popping accomplishments and still be realistically honest about the current state of the program.

This gets called being a hater.
No. But saying the same thing over and over again gets tiresome for everyone else. Plus, there are some here, not you, that never give jb any credit. Go back and look at some of the comments diminishing the sweet 16 run.
The funny thing about this board is all you hear is talk about how bad our recruiting has fallen. Then, how bad the players are. Then when they leave, how can we ever replace them. They were great.

No. But saying the same thing over and over again gets tiresome for everyone else. Plus, there are some here, not you, that never give jb any credit. Go back and look at some of the comments diminishing the sweet 16 run.
The funny thing about this board is all you hear is talk about how bad our recruiting has fallen. Then, how bad the players are. Then when they leave, how can we ever replace them. They were great.
Blind loyalty is dangerous. The facts are recruiting has fallen off a cliff. The players that left were not replaced with equal or better talent. Why so do you have an issue with people pointing that out? JB is the coach. SU will play basketball after JB is gone

Blind loyalty is dangerous. The facts are recruiting has fallen off a cliff. The players that left were not replaced with equal or better talent. Why so do you have an issue with people pointing that out? JB is the coach. SU will play basketball after JB is gone

Seems like recruiting was pretty decent this year if we are that upset about losing Kadary and Woody.

I think you’re making a lot of assumptions here. The coach believes he can win with the guys he signed which includes a borderline 5 star and a former top 50 guy we really wanted 2-3 years ago. Those guys aren’t good players?

And we seem to be making traction with 2022 guys. You can be upset with the performance in past seasons but our recruiting now seems better than it was 2-3 years ago.

Well, we don't know that is true for one thing. Where was Cole Swider ranked coming out of high school compared to Q, Woody and Braswell? Where was Torrence ranked vs Kadray coming out of high school? Blind disloyalty is also dangerous. When we recruited those guys that left, everyone said as you just did, recruiting has fallen off a cliff (it hasn't). When they leave, it's we lost great players. Which is it?

Well, we don't know that is true for one thing. Where was Cole Swider ranked coming out of high school compared to Q, Woody and Braswell? Where was Torrence ranked vs Kadray coming out of high school? Blind disloyalty is also dangerous. When we recruited those guys that left, everyone said as you just did, recruiting has fallen off a cliff (it hasn't). When they leave, it's we lost great players. Which is it?

Goto just likes to complain.
There’s no ‘logic’ or ‘reasoning’ to be done w them.

The answer is - BOTH! Duh.

That way, those people can both complain about the incoming guys (their rankings aren’t awesome)
AND also complain when they leave (we lost talented guys).

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Dash I think losing a good player like kadary is magnified when there isn’t anyone waiting in the wings. One year we lost Devo and Harris but had enough talent on the roster ready to step in.

Dash I think losing a good player like kadary is magnified when there isn’t anyone waiting in the wings. One year we lost Devo and Harris but had enough talent on the roster ready to step in.

But we didn’t think that then. In fact it only got worse after we lost to Lemoyne. There was a strong faction of people who hated that Andy was replacing Devo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom