Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

As much as I appreciated Bras' contributions in limited playing time, it's ridiculous to even imply that he's at CS's level. Foolish argument to make.
Yet Bras took time from Griffin who had a better year with Illinois than Swider ever had with Nova.

You don't like?

It's a play on the Captain Obvious guy from the commercials. In case that wasn't clear.
1618964066762.jpeg

Beats Captain Underpants.

LOL yeah, I will release info that has been told to me just to keep you informed. If it annoys you, put me on ignore.
yeah, you might ask your extremely reliable source about Woody's contact at practice. Get back to me on that.
What is seriously your problem? You sound like a bitter old man...

Any Syracuse fan that doesn’t have a sense of joy for the Boeheim family can’t really be much of a fan.
Win lose or draw I’m extremely excited for next season.
Isn't it possible that some fans would think SU's basketball team should not exist solely for the gratification of the Boeheim family and furthermore, that the addition of another Boeheim just makes the team slower and less athletic, less defensively capable, more unbalanced offensively and less able to meet the challenges posed by top 20 opponents?

Not sure why I am jumping in, but I understand Dasher’s points. It is not like Boeheim asked/told all these players to leave. They came to Syracuse to play ball. Unfortunately, they came with high expectations of playing time (most immediately). If they don’t get the opportunity (and usually there are reasons), they have options.

Work hard and earn playing time. Breaking into established line-ups isn’t easy.

Stay where they are developmentally, not improve and sulk.

Finally, decide to leave (it’s not a good fit or the coach do not feel you are ready) and go to perceived greener pastures.

I wish the best for all those players that left the team this year and last year but Syracuse has to make due or the best with those who return and those who are new coming in.

Not every player fits the puzzle.

Exactly. It's not like JB told these guys to leave. I'm sure he would love to have had Kadary come back. But word is that Kadary had his mind on leaving in January and made no secret of it. I wonder about the Hall in that, don't they seem to have a lot of guards? I think JB really liked Braswell. I know the staff was concerned about his availability as he goes forward. as for Woody, he made his bed. Funny thing, it looked like he might actually stay for a while. I would have thought that would have been a bigger upset than Chaminade over Virginia but...

Also makes me wonder how much tampering Seton Hall did DURING the season last year considering their history doing so.

Isn't it possible that some fans would think SU's basketball team should not exist solely for the gratification of the Boeheim family and furthermore, that the addition of another Boeheim just makes the team slower and less athletic, less defensively capable, more unbalanced offensively and less able to meet the challenges posed by top 20 opponents?
Of course, and posts here will confirm that.
But agree with JustPherU -a fan should be happy for JB and assume having his sons on the team will have him as engaged as ever as a coach, and that his sons will play with chips on their shoulders and be big contributors. Jimmy and Buddy appear to be good kids, and it's a good story.
They all recognize that success will silence any cries regarding nepotism/PT.

I'll enjoy the story and hope for the best, and yes be excited for the season while hoping it doesn't turn into an endless nepotism/PT debate.

Here is the thing- when you take some information that everyone appreciates and then use it as leverage to run with a constant bashing/negative opinion it's an old schtick. Your opinion is your opinion but blending a few nuggets into your view is not how having information to share works. In fact if I am passing along a few things and you use it like you have been to self serve your need to denigrate the program I am shutting it down.

Furthermore, then to play victim as though your info is attacked/questioned makes it worse. I've seen it for a while and held my tongue but it's getting old and for the sake of your source too.. don't drag their info onto your soapbox- or maybe they want you to.. but that would seem unlikely.

You don’t have any brothers, do you?

You're vastly under rating Jimmy's speed. The Cornell coach mentioned his foot speed multiple times during their zoom call.

To me, it seems hard to be upset over the addition of Jimmy. It was said he could come in as the 4th forward, clearly leaving the hope for Quincy to return (Jimmy announced after Woody departed). It is hard to get good players to come in for what may be slated as the 4th in the position group, especially in this covid chaos environment.

Look at the guards. It's going to be difficult to find someone to come in. The 4th guard spot here is wide open, could battle up to number 3. But it's not an easy sell.

Yeah, Buddy has sure killed us.

Yeah, Buddy has sure killed us.
Even for you that "argument" is laughable. Are they the same player? How many other real transfer possibilities did Jimmy Boeheim have? Do you think he addresses the deficiencies that Boeheim's teams continue to exhibit? ...And if you really feel the need to make the comparison with Buddy, I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?

Even for you that "argument" is laughable. Are they the same player? How many other real transfer possibilities did Jimmy Boeheim have? Do you think he addresses the deficiencies that Boeheim's teams continue to exhibit? ...And if you really feel the need to make the comparison with Buddy, I guess I can imagine a similar stat line to Buddy's when up against a team with an outstanding defense. Was that a 3 for 13 in the Houston game with a marked inability to stay in front of his man even in the zone?

I mean Buddy was the main reason we were IN the Houston game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom