Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

you know this?
my plug said that when Jimmy does become official, Q won't come back. I trust his intel but if JB can sell him to come back, I'll be the first person to jump and dance. Jimmy Jr is going to get good minutes, JB and Buddy highlighted and talked up Benny in their s16 L presser and Swider isn't coming here for low minutes like he had at Nova. It's the writing on the wall. I wish Q would come back because he's the exact player we need

Happy friday. I can relax now. Roster is set we get Quincy back cherry on top of Sundae. Back end top 25 team we have right now.
763120AC-D5F0-4DD1-ACE7-1C7567ECD929.jpeg

He can definitely play. Anyone who thinks he can’t play at this level is an idiot
I don't think anyone doesn't think he can't play on this level...it's all about can he be efficient on this level? For how hot Buddy got in the tourny, he shot kind of like poo in the regular season and our other chucker of JG3 is not efficient at ALL. We can't have 3 inefficient players on the court chucking

I don't think anyone doesn't think he can't play on this level...it's all about can he be efficient on this level? For how hot Buddy got in the tourny, he shot kind of like poo in the regular season and our other chucker of JG3 is not efficient at ALL. We can't have 3 inefficient players on the court chucking
I agree but I don’t think Jimmy has that gunner mentality

You know, it’s not like Buddy started from day one. He didn’t even get a lot of minutes right away. He earned his time on the court. People can say he plays too many minutes now, but he wasn’t handed anything.
It's just not true. He was fantastic the last 10 games or so, but he struggled mightily at different points of his career (including this past year) and got much more minutes and shots than others in his situation have.

We need to see what we have in a non CoVid , less injury prone world. Obviously getting that with guys like Q is better along with some others. It's hard to project what things will look like to be honest which is frustrating too.

I will say this and while it doesn't guarantee anything - this will be a group of extremely committed and hard working kids and lots of experience outside Benny. That tends to help even if it it's about less talent and more overachieving. If this season is anything it will be interesting to see how things play out.

I actually think that he will light it up.
We finally have a player who will be experienced at actually beating a zone. Excellent.

Glad Jimmy made his decision and I look forward to seeing if JB has a favorite next year.

Could you throw a few more negatives into that first sentence? ;)

It's just not true. He was fantastic the last 10 games or so, but he struggled mightily at different points of his career and got much more minutes and shots than others in his situation have.

How he got there is moot at this point. I mean it was rough for a while and then things finally seemed to click and he was dominant. Not saying I disagree given some really rough outings but it ended much better than it started.

How he got there is moot at this point. I mean it was rough for a while and then things finally seemed to click and he was dominant. Not saying I disagree given some really rough outings but it ended much better than it started.
Honestly, and i admit that i have been a bigger Buddy fan than most here, he was hurt by the layoffs and by covid itself. I think we saw the real Buddy at the end of the season. Those last 9 games were very good.

It's more like "Boeheim shoots a three, air ball, Boeheim gets the rebound, passes back to boeheim...was intercepted by Richmond who throws it all the way for a dunk at the other end, and Boeheim is livid at Edwards!"

Last edited:
It's a good story for Boeheim family. Jimmy is a decent player, just that the squad for next season if Quincy leaves lacks athleticism..Williams, Torrence and then a bunch slow footed players. Bubble team at best.

At this point, yes, but was responding to the comment that that I posted below that he wasn't handed anything. Compare the way he played Freshman year for most of the season (as well as most of this year) to a guy like Woody or countless others over the years and he got much more leeway than almost anyone here has ever gotten. Again, he was great at the end, but you can't say he wasn't handed anything.

Day2 said:
You know, it’s not like Buddy started from day one. He didn’t even get a lot of minutes right away. He earned his time on the court. People can say he plays too many minutes now, but he wasn’t handed anything.

I really believe Jimmy will get the PT he earns. I don’t think he’ll start. He’ll get good minutes from backing up three positions, but that won’t be 30+ per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom