Jimmy | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I think Cole is a better player than Jimmy. Better shooter, better rebounder, better defender.
also Cole might have been regarded as the better shooter, but Jimmy has been shooting far more consistent than Cole this year and he’s only grabbing just less than a rebound more than Jr and they’re both not great defenders. Cole is more of one dimensional on offensive compared to Jimmy...I’m really not sure who I would take if I had to choose one, but as it stands I would probably take Jimmy. With Buddy and Joe also on the floor at least jr can create a shot.

Buddy needs to understand that he’s had four years to try proving he belongs in the NBA, if he hasn’t done it yet it’s not happening next year.

Buddy's dad is the program.

He doesn't care what you think.

If your lucky, they won't kick the legs off the table and throw them on the fire before they leave.

Something tells me papa is ready to make sure things are left how he found them.

Hope I'm wrong.

Justin Taylor isn’t going to be ready to be a starter as a freshman. Maybe a bench piece but not a starter. He needs more development.
I’m not sure anyone in this class will be ready, then going by JBs ready meter maybe even further than ready than we can imagine.

Ugh. How do you expect to motivate Benny with comments like that in the paper? Or how about Frank? We still need those guys, Jim. You don't have enough kids to play all FIVE positions.
Don’t think he’s trying to motivate them or keep them tbh.

Wait. You are seriously sad about giving up 100 to Colgate being out of the tournament before the middle of January. Buck up pal.
Actually we will be a better team if Buddy and Jimmy return. They are not the issue.
We need a pg and an athletic forward to complement them.
Jessee Buddy Jimmy Copeland, Benny can win some games.
We need Joe and Cole replaced. Not Jimmy and Buddy.
buddy and jimmy are not good on defense. defense is the problem.

also Cole might have been regarded as the better shooter, but Jimmy has been shooting far more consistent than Cole this year and he’s only grabbing just less than a rebound more than Jr and they’re both not great defenders. Cole is more of one dimensional on offensive compared to Jimmy...I’m really not sure who I would take if I had to choose one, but as it stands I would probably take Jimmy. With Buddy and Joe also on the floor at least jr can create a shot.

I'd like them both a lot better (along with Buddy and Joe) if everybody played 25-30 minutes a game, and we played a bunch of guys from the bench who have the skills to make up for what those guys lack.

You’ve got to be kidding me. How are they going to keep all these recruits if they come back? They sold Justin Taylor on Buddy leaving. They are already bailing on this year and want another year? Benny needs to start next year bottom line
The recruits will do what Lattimore, Bartlett, and Day Wilson, on the women's side. After signing the LOT, use the one time transfer rule by entering the portal before they enroll, and go elsewhere.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled. Hope we don't get any Landon Morris Part II.
Actually Landon wasn't as smart as the women basketball recruits. The 3 top recruits went into the portal, and transferred, before enrolling, after signing LOI. Lattimore at Texas, Bartlett at LSU, and Day Wilson at Duke. All 3 are playing this year, coming off the bench.

The fact that he is mentioning specific players by name that could leave is concerning

Keep that in house, its like hes already telegraphing the departures. Its your job to retain them. He says "who knows" well your the head coach, its your job to know and fix.
Going public like that is deserving a what the hell is that call from Wildhack.

Don’t think he’s trying to motivate them or keep them tbh.

Old man has gone all in with his dna. We knew he was stubborn but damn he's doubling down with his own blood on the table.

There's something to be said about that.

People are acting like Benny not playing is nepotism. He has really struggled. If swider leaves and Benny improves I don't mind jab3 staying and I think buddy is the least of our problems. Hopefully Copeland can bring defense and energy and bunch can be our 3rd forward. I like Justin Taylor but he isn't better than buddy.
LOL. You think Copeland is playing next you if Buddy is back?

If Jesse leaves Jimmy can start at the 5. Cole at the 4
Buddy 3 Joe 2 and Symir 1.
JB would be in Heaven.
Not sure about the rest of the roster but I would put good money on Jimmy as the starting center next year if the NCAA grants the waiver.

But I bet we'll never once hear coach complain about our center not being able to contest the corner three in that scenario (which he will be terrible due to lack of footspeed).

That would be too bad. Benny may be athletic, but he's nowhere near the player that Swider is right now - or next season, for that matter.
The problem with Benny is he does not know how to use his athleticism in game situations, but I think he will eventually.

The fact that he is mentioning specific players by name that could leave is concerning

Keep that in house, its like hes already telegraphing the departures. Its your job to retain them. He says "who knows" well your the head coach, its your job to know and fix.
Why…..the…..what??? I said I was done with this thread but the head coach speculating about specific players leaving is just way out there. Wow.

Yep, and they also ended years ago. I think it's time that maybe the state of the roster and team can be attributed to the guy helming the boat and not blaming vague external forces that are out of his control.

Except that wasn’t the point of my post.

His YMCA game is great. He hustles. He is a black hole on offense and stops ball movement, although he has had a few nice passes recently. His defense in the zone is bad, not because he does not try but because he is limited athletically. The first one to know that was his coach who said he wasn’t a high level D1 player. The same coach who said III playing center in the zone was horrible. Of course that is the same coach who left III to play center when they needed one stop against WF. I like III, but not the coaching

What’s all of that have to do with my post and the point I was responding too? Nothing.

I don't get the logic behind petitioning to play for another year. Isn't this year the year that makes up for missing last year?

I get that guys that played last year are now getting a fifth year but that is to make up for all of the stoppages and quarantines last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom