JMA Wireless to take over Carrier Dome Naming Rights | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless to take over Carrier Dome Naming Rights

I’m wondering how much money for the deal. I do not know the financials for JMA but seems like possibly bigger sponsors may have been interested. It is a local company.
I doubt SU is giving away the rights on the cheap.

The dome would likely command upwards of $3.25 million per year on the open market, according to APEX Marketing Group, which does naming rights consulting. That number could vary depending on how deal is structured, and whether or not the name is part of a larger wireless service deal.

I doubt SU is giving away the rights on the cheap.
Maybe the deal included them doing all the wiring upgrades for free or significantly reduced cost. That would allow the university to put money in other JMA Dome projects. Similar to receiving 20 million from the State.

I get that it makes economic sense and money coming in is a good thing, but this is just so weird. It’s like someone in my immediate family suddenly having a new name. I’m just happy it’s something understated and not “the Chuck E Cheese Dome” or something embarrassing.

I get that it makes economic sense and money coming in is a good thing, but this is just so weird. It’s like someone in my immediate family suddenly having a new name. I’m just happy it’s something understated and not “the Chuck E Cheese Dome” or something embarrassing.
people will keep calling it the Carrier Dome, but it is weird. everyone out here still calls Guaranteed Rate Field, which used to be US Cellular Field, Comiskey Park. Chuck E Cheese Dome, hey I like the ring of that! ;)

Are naming rights really a good investment for a company? I'm too busy (lazy) to actually research the topic, but I can't imagine it's worth the investment in the vast majority of cases.

Are naming rights really a good investment for a company? I'm too busy (lazy) to actually research the topic, but I can't imagine it's worth the investment in the vast majority of cases.
"They" need to make a law against that.

JMA wireless has one job. Fix the effffffffffi g WiFi at the dome. They are a 5G company.

Then again, we went 40 years without AC in a building named after an AC company.
They will. They have the contract and have outfitted several professional stadiums.

Without using google could you name all of the stadiums in the ACC? I don't think I could and I have been to many of them :)

I believe a huge part of JMA’s business is installing 5g infrastructure for large stadia. Having their name in the most visible and famous collegiate sports facility is a great way to advertise their capabilities.

I suspect they will use the dome as a lab for rolling out new technology. Those new upgrades will be discussed in detail on national broadcasts, giving them a ton of visibility to their targeted customers.

I think this is a great agreement for both sides. Great the old agreement with Carrier was resolved amicably and did not requirement lawsuits.

Hope SU and Carrier can continue to work together as they have for more than 100 years.

I bet there are many situations where it isn't at all.

But JMA probably received enough publicity today of people saying who is JMA Wireless to make it worth it.

I think it was probably a good investment for Carrier too.

The twitter was abuzz today with all the comments about how Carrier stops being the name right after the building gets AC.

I bet there are many situations where it isn't at all.

But JMA probably received enough publicity today of people saying who is JMA Wireless to make it worth it.

I think it was probably a good investment for Carrier too.

The twitter was abuzz today with all the comments about how Carrier stops being the name right after the building gets AC.
From an earned media perspective, this is probably the most attention JMA has ever received. They were trending on Twitter. And getting coverage in a lot of top peer pubs. It'd be hard from a pure $$ perspective to get that from normal marketing spend.

And then of course, there's the ongoing, yearly value they get from mentions on TV, etc. Stadium naming rights are debated a lot in terms of value. I tend to think they're most valuable for companies in strategic situations -- JMA given what their business is, the local HQ, and their long-term goals...this seems like a winning situation.

Without using google could you name all of the stadiums in the ACC? I don't think I could and I have been to many of them :)
Doak Campbell at FSU and Alumni Stadium at BC are the only 2 that come to front of mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom