Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

It actually does, if you’re used to Miami weather.

It’s a 5 to 5.5 hour drive straight north, basically to Georgia.

It’s like someone from NYC saying they couldn’t live in Montreal because it gets too cold there.
Oh, I know. It was funny to us because, in our way of thinking, "How can that be? They're both in Florida." NYC and Massena are both in NYS however, ...

I should have included the caveat "if not selected for the Camping World Bowl".

Even if Iowa State ends up in Orlando, I think if the CWB looks carefully, they will see that Syracuse will bring more people and certainly higher TV ratings than the unwatchable, unattractive, disgusting NC State team. NC State isn't really that disgusting, but their style of play is boring, their coach is a blueprint for what not to want in a head coach when trying to promote a football game and NC State fans are disappointed with their season and the team is playing poorly (they are 3-3 in their last 6 games).

Syracuse hasn't gone to a warm weather bowl since 2004. The fan base is starving for achance to go to Orlando.

They have the coolest HC in the country and arguably the coolest player too in Eric Dungey. And Syracuse is 5-1 in its last 6 games, one of the hottest teams in the country.

NC State was only about to sell 3000 tickets for their last bowl game. The fan base is fat, lazy and my UNC friends say there is an odor problem. Okay, I made that part up (except for the odor problem).

There should be no question who should be picked, regardless of the opponent.

Plus, didnt NC State just get in a fist fight on national TV last week?

If we get screwed re: Orlando, Wildhack better be fighting like hell to make sure this team goes anywhere but Pinstripe. Its "been there, done that" at this point and this team deserves to go somewhere unique.

My guess is we'll get F'ed out of Orlando, but Wildhack will do some horse trading with the ACC to get us to atleast the Sun Bowl. Though Im not sure I would make that particular trek, atleast the team would go somewhere unique, and probably would mean a match-up against Oregon (which Dungey would prob love).

I think a match up with Oregon would be intriguing on many levels.

FYI, here is an interview with Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett published yesterday.

He says the SEC team will be A&M or South Carolina.

Doesn't talk about NC State as a possibility at all. That is interesting. Or Syracuse for that matter. Looks like he prefers Miami if they take an ACC team and Michigan State if they take a B1G team.

Gator Bowl President talks South Carolina, Texas A&M

That could just mean that they know Syracuse will not be available for them.

I don’t know man... ECU fired Montgomery today, so I wouldn’t think it is even a possibility State drops to a tomato can without their head coach.

But the game still has to be played on the field. And as we all know, State does State things. Every year.

Makes this a scarier game for NCst IMO. A lot of unknowns, maybe the players come out fired up and ready to play. A lot of unknowns. These games to me are more dangerous. I don't think ECU will win but I also won't be surprised if they pull it off. Events like this sometimes make for strange games.

Makes this a scarier game for NCst IMO. A lot of unknowns, maybe the players come out fired up and ready to play. A lot of unknowns. These games to me are more dangerous. I don't think ECU will win but I also won't be surprised if they pull it off. Events like this sometimes make for strange games.

Sure. Definitely adds a new wrinkle to the game. That’s why they can’t just play this game on paper.

Just listened to him on Axe’s show. Said the CWB wants Syracuse, but thinks fans would travel only if the opponent is WVU and not Iowa St. With that logic, I feel much better about our chances.
Thats a difference in like 8,000 fans imo

Just listened to him on Axe’s show. Said the CWB wants Syracuse, but thinks our fans would travel only if the opponent is WVU and not Iowa St. With that logic, I feel much better about our chances.

Hmmm... I feel like SU will turn out regardless of opponent right now. The momentum in the program is high and people are excited. I think getting a perceived “good” bowl in an easy to get to warm weather city like Orlando will get a solid SU turnout regardless. WVU would make it even bigger, but I don’t feel like WVU/Iowa St would be a deal breaker for most fans

Hmmm... I feel like SU will turn out regardless of opponent right now. The momentum in the program is high and people are excited. I think getting a perceived “good” bowl in an easy to get to warm weather city like Orlando will get a solid SU turnout regardless. WVU would make it even bigger, but I don’t feel like WVU/Iowa St would be a deal breaker for most fans
Completely agree. That’s why I think his logic is nuts.

Agree. Joe dorsn’t get It. The reasons Syracuse is going to have a huge turnout are because

1) there is a ton of excitement about this program (which has won 5 of their last 6 games)
2) there is a ton of pent up demand from people longing to go to a warm weather bowl

The opponent isn’t a big deal. We want someone from a P5 conference ranked in the top 25. West Virginia would be nice because of the history we have with them and the offensive show that game would be but a game against Iowa State would also be great.

I don't know about that.
Having listened to his interview, he makes a lot of sense.

I think what it all comes down to is the camping world bowl does not want Iowa State. If it is Iowa State, the obvious safer bet is the proximity pick from the ACC (nc state). Regardless of what we know about cuse fan turnout and how we are. Nc state’s the safe pick for an already non sexy bowl because of isu

Just listened to him on Axe’s show. Said the CWB wants Syracuse, but thinks our fans would travel only if the opponent is WVU and not Iowa St. With that logic, I feel much better about our chances.
We are starved for an opportunity like Orlando. We will pack the joint even if it was Fredonia St.

Last edited:
Iowa State may not have the history with Syracuse but if we're talking about matching up two of the hottest coaching commodities - it's hard to top Matt Campbell and Dino. Campbell has been linked to just about every top job, NFL too.
Thats what we’d recognize. But a lot of other fans either aren’t aware of that or dont care. Bowls need to be hot matchups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom