Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

Agree. Joe dorsn’t get It. The reasons Syracuse is going to have a huge turnout are because

1) there is a ton of excitement about this program (which has won 5 of their last 6 games)
2) there is a ton of pent up demand from people longing to go to a warm weather bowl

The opponent isn’t a big deal. We want someone from a P5 conference ranked in the top 25. West Virginia would be nice because of the history we have with them and the offensive show that game would be but a game against Iowa State would also be great.

We also need the Florida game for recruiting based on the cross over league conference schedule being so lame for the Orange.
The more exposure we receive in the State of Florida, the better in the big picture.
WVU has also recruited well in Florida over the years and would be match-up wise more ideal due to this even on top of the traditional rivalry aspects on the field.
Pinstripe against a middling B10 team is absolutely no value added in this regards. Doesn't help recruiting and a win or a loss to what would probably be a 6-6 or 7-5 team doesn't move the needle in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:
I don’t think Iowa St. vs. SU is the dud it is being made out to be. I call nonsense that our invite to CW is dependent on WV. Giglio is basically saying if WV isn’t available NC St will have to ride in and save the bowl, arrogant view. WV fans consider the season lost and CW to be beneath them. ISU is like us in a lot of ways and their fan base is loyal and hungry too. Two hot coaches and two top 25 teams, I’ll take it and so should CW.

Bowls love social media. It may be too late, but I sure know it wouldn't hurt for every person on this forum to message, tweet, etc. @CWBowl about how excited you would be to see Cuse there. A nice little social media campaign can only help our cause. I want this one bad.

He’s a blowhard using an NCSt spin. Axe should have on the Orlando Sentinel guy. He’s closer to the situation, surely has more contacts and would be neutral.

He’s a blowhard using an NCSt spin. Axe should have on the Orlando Sentinel guy. He’s closer to the situation, surely has more contacts and would be neutral.

I follow Giglio on twitter and have for years, and he's anything but a homer. He actually was very ahead of his time in being pro-Syracuse in his preseason rankings saying they'd be a surprise (and also said UL would finish last when it wasnt sexy). He's well-respected and knows his ACC.

And he makes it his "thing" to do the reporting on ACC bowls etc. I think he's just reporting what he heard after last nights CWorld committee meeting...which is the reason I'm concerned we're going to get hosed here.

I grew up in Malone, live in NYC and I can tell you that 6 hours makes one helluva difference weather-wise (and culturally).

I’ve been to Malone and I’ve been to NYC.

I’m yet to find one difference between them.

(I mean one similarity)

I follow Giglio on twitter and have for years, and he's anything but a homer. He actually was very ahead of his time in being pro-Syracuse in his preseason rankings saying they'd be a surprise (and also said UL would finish last when it wasnt s e xy). He's well-respected and knows his ACC.

And he makes it his "thing" to do the reporting on ACC bowls etc. I think he's just reporting what he heard after last nights CWorld committee meeting...which is the reason I'm concerned we're going to get hosed here.

Not buying it. He’s changed his opinion a few times, has gotten confused a couple times causing him to back track. All of which doesn’t happen if he’s a bowl guru. I’d prefer listening to an Orlando guy who follows the Orlando bowls, probably knows some of the committee and had no rooting interest. He too came out with his prediction today, after that meeting, and predicts SU.

Not buying it. He’s changed his opinion a few times, has gotten confused a couple times causing him to back track. All of which doesn’t happen if he’s a bowl guru. I’d prefer listening to an Orlando guy who follows the Orlando bowls, probably knows some of the committee and had no rooting interest. He too came out with his prediction today, after that meeting, and predicts SU.

Hey, I hope you're right and he's wrong. Just because things change, doesnt mean he's not reporting what he's hearing. From following him over the years, he's definitely in tune with the ACC and believe he knows more than anybody on whats happening with CW Bowl. And again, even if he's wrong, doesnt mean hes a homer. Hes not one of these Yankee hatin' Southerners (I think hes from Jersey or something).

I hope like hell its Orlando though. Guess we'll know in 72 hours or so.

Reading the nc state message board it doesn't seem like they think not are they all that excited about the cw bowl.

We also need the Florida game for recruiting based on the cross over league conference schedule being so lame for the Orange.
The more exposure we receive in the State of Florida, the better in the big picture.
WVU has also recruited well in Florida over the years and would be match-up wise more ideal due to this even on top of the traditional rivalry aspects on the field.
Pinstripe against a middling B10 team is absolutely no value added in this regards. Doesn't help recruiting and a win or a loss to what would probably be a 6-6 or 7-5 team doesn't move the needle in any way, shape, or form.

Mostly agree, but 10 W’s is going to look amazing regardless of who we beat in a bowl to get there.

Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our proximity to NYC is a problem.

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.

The only silver lining is that when SU is in this spot next year, the Pinstripe won't want the same team in consecutive years.

If its Orlando I'm in
El Paso. In
Nashville. In
Bronx. In

These kids deserve our support

That’s the only way to be IMO. Obviously, different dates and different locations aren’t going to work for everyone. But for those who have the time and means to travel to any of these bowls if they want to...I think supporting the team and program is what it all comes down to. Make the perception in the future be about how SU fans will travel and take over any of these bowl towns. Just like we do in hoops.

It basically is. The Camping World bowl is the next best bowl outside of the NY6. It's above the tier 1 bowls for a reason. We need this for prestige and changing our perception. It really would be a crime if we don't get selected to go there. I would hope the ACC would step in and push for Syracuse since they are the higher ranked team. If they get bypassed here the message will be sent...win the conference/finish in the top 12 or else your ceiling is the Pinstripe bowl.

Swofford advocate for a northern team?

If its Orlando I'm in
El Paso. In
Nashville. In
Bronx. In

These kids deserve our support

What about the Alaskan Bowl?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95