Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

Can't even tell you how pissed I will be if we end up.in the pathetic pinstripe bowl.

The Pinstripe isn’t a pathetic bowl. It’s just that we’ve played there twice and just played at Yankee Stadium in what amounted to a bowl game. The Pinstripe would be a letdown this year. But as long as it exists, we’ll be a popular choice if we’re eligible.

The Pinstripe isn’t a pathetic bowl. It’s just that we’ve played there twice and just played at Yankee Stadium in what amounted to a bowl game. The Pinstripe would be a letdown this year. But as long as it exists, we’ll be a popular choice if we’re eligible.
It sucks it would be a huge let down

Just put it this way, if we're selected to Camping World, I'm going to the game without a ticket...

That's promising, I tried to Google this, what is the best record to play in Pinstripe ?
Usually it’s 7-5 teams occasionally 8-4 teams. Once had #23 ranked team play in Pinstripe. Sun bowl has had 9-3 teams before.

Sorry if posted... what are the different bowl tiers and what bowls are in each? Thanks.

Sorry if posted... what are the different bowl tiers and what bowls are in each? Thanks.

ACC Champion - Not In Top Four CFP Ranking
If the ACC Champion is not in the top four of the final CFP rankings, it will appear in either the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl. Additional ACC teams could also be selected for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or PlayStation Fiesta Bowl as at-large representatives.

Camping World Bowl
The Camping World Bowl has the first pick of an ACC team after the CFP and New Year’s Six Bowls are filled.

Tier One Bowls (all equal selection status)
Belk Bowl
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl or
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Hyundai Sun Bowl

Additional Bowls
Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Quick Lane Bowl
Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl or Heart of Dallas Bowl

Secondary*
Birmingham Bowl
*If not filled by other conferences and additional ACC teams are available.

I have a subscription, and since I know copy and pasting is a no-no, I'll just say that your summation is correct.
100% Conjecture, and it may not be popular, but I would imagine that the ACC Office is involved in this development (or this wrong being righted). They don't simply sit back and take this whole process in. And let's face it, in 2 of every 3 years, SU would be slotted into the Orange Bowl. Bad timing, but that's life.

But if a 9-3 SU gets nudged back to the Pinstripe, where we played 2 weeks ago, it would look bad for everyone involved. And all over what might be 1500-2000 extra tickets? Not worth the potential embarasment for the ACC to have their feel-good #2 squad play in what is essentially the 4th or 5th best bowl game in its arsenal. In cold weather? In the ballpark they lost (big) a month earlier? Makes very little sense in all this context.

The ACC should want to profile Dino and the resurgent SU program. It is a good story and a matchup with either ISU/Campbell (great 2016 coaching hires) or WVU/Holgerson (bitter eastern rivals/high octane offenses) is attractive.

How much are tickets and what is "allocated" to a school? The simple solution is the school could simply "buy" all the tickets from the bowl and sell them. The bowl gets their guarantee, and school takes on the liability. At a min the school ensures their team goes to the best most prestegious bowls. For a school like SU, with a bad travel perception, this may the way to go.

Let the conf take the cost of unsold tickets out of the bowl money pool and distribute accordingly. Problem solved.

How much are tickets and what is "allocated" to a school? The simple solution is the school could simply "buy" all the tickets from the bowl and sell them. The bowl gets their guarantee, and school takes on the liability. At a min the school ensures their team goes to the best most prestegious bowls. For a school like SU, with a bad travel perception, this may the way to go.

Let the conf take the cost of unsold tickets out of the bowl money pool and distribute accordingly. Problem solved.

Problem is when fans buy tickets off the secondary market instead of through the school, the school takes a bath.

FYI, here is an interview with Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett published yesterday.

He says the SEC team will be A&M or South Carolina.

Doesn't talk about NC State as a possibility at all. That is interesting. Or Syracuse for that matter. Looks like he prefers Miami if they take an ACC team and Michigan State if they take a B1G team.

Gator Bowl President talks South Carolina, Texas A&M

Problem is when fans buy tickets off the secondary market instead of through the school, the school takes a bath.

I get it, when we went to Pinstripe 1 i bought legends club tix for about the price of SU's best non suite ticket. But essentially this could be considered the cost of doing business. The bowls are an "exhibition". There are politics at play.

Its good to be back in this situation and observe how Fed the selection process is

FYI, here is an interview with Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett published yesterday.

He says the SEC team will be A&M or South Carolina.

Doesn't talk about NC State as a possibility at all. That is interesting. Or Syracuse for that matter. Looks like he prefers Miami if they take an ACC team and Michigan State if they take a B1G team.

Gator Bowl President talks South Carolina, Texas A&M

Gator Bowls twitter tweeted out this AM and metnioned 4 teams -- TAMU, SCarolina, NCState, and Miami

Believe the payout the last time we played there was $2M. 2018 projected payout is $5.8M making it one of the top 10. Profile of the game is becoming more and more attractive even if the venue isn't to a fan base that has been there, done that.

100% Conjecture, and it may not be popular, but I would imagine that the ACC Office is involved in this development (or this wrong being righted). They don't simply sit back and take this whole process in. And let's face it, in 2 of every 3 years, SU would be slotted into the Orange Bowl. Bad timing, but that's life.

But if a 9-3 SU gets nudged back to the Pinstripe, where we played 2 weeks ago, it would look bad for everyone involved. And all over what might be 1500-2000 extra tickets? Not worth the potential embarasment for the ACC to have their feel-good #2 squad play in what is essentially the 4th or 5th best bowl game in its arsenal. In cold weather? In the ballpark they lost (big) a month earlier? Makes very little sense in all this context.

The ACC should want to profile Dino and the resurgent SU program. It is a good story and a matchup with either ISU/Campbell (great 2016 coaching hires) or WVU/Holgerson (bitter eastern rivals/high octane offenses) is attractive.

Syracuse would be happy to play at Pinstripe Bowl any year we have 8-4, 7-5 records. But this year we are No. 2 in ACC. Such a rare accomplishment should be rewarded to at least Orlando if not NY6 Bowl.

#Cusegoescamping

Give the kids some warm weather. They’ve earned it.

Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our proximity to NYC is a problem.

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.

Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.

It’s Jimmy V week, Tom. Don’t ever give up.

What a shame.

Yep. And the first time in we’re tier 2, just book your trip to Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom