Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

The only silver lining is that when SU is in this spot next year, the Pinstripe won't want the same team in consecutive years.
Not much of one we have to avoid it even if its the sun or belk.

I’ll be at the game no matter what

Just would PREFER a warmer locationl. I think many of us are in the same boat.

Truthfully i probably will too. But I do think that its going to be a way lower number than previous pinstripes. people just were there a few weeks ago.

Truthfully i probably will too. But I do think that its going to be a way lower number than previous pinstripes. people just were there a few weeks ago.

Yeah I think that’s possible.

I think it’s also possible that people will be disappointed at first and then buy into it the week or so before the game but you never know.

Hey, I hope you're right and he's wrong. Just because things change, doesnt mean he's not reporting what he's hearing. From following him over the years, he's definitely in tune with the ACC and believe he knows more than anybody on whats happening with CW Bowl. And again, even if he's wrong, doesnt mean hes a homer. Hes not one of these Yankee hatin' Southerners (I think hes from Jersey or something).

I hope like hell its Orlando though. Guess we'll know in 72 hours or so.

FWIW, I went and looked at his twitter. In a matter of 2 hours today he had us going to the camp world bowl if wvu was the b12 Rep, to then going to the sun, to then going to the pinstripe. He’s all over the place cause he doesn’t know. One of his guesses will be right.

Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our proximity to NYC is a problem.

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.
Doesn’t seem like it’s ever mentioned but Miami has a big alumni presence in NY metro area.

Reading the nc state message board it doesn't seem like they think not are they all that excited about the cw bowl.
42049787.jpg

Like tweeting the New York State Thruway you aren't going to drive on their roads anymore..

Ha ha. Whatev...My whole point was that the bowls want an excited fan base. Will it make a difference? probably not. But there has been a decent amount of chatter about syracuse fans not being super thrilled with the pinstripe on twitter to just figured i would chime ina s well. Figured it was worth a try to see if maybe it moves the needle even a tiny bit to get these kids a different destination. Good chance I will probably go anyway but they dont know that.

Ha ha. Whatev...My whole point was that the bowls want an excited fan base. Will it make a difference? probably not. But there has been a decent amount of chatter about syracuse fans not being super thrilled with the pinstripe on twitter to just figured i would chime ina s well. Figured it was worth a try to see if maybe it moves the needle even a tiny bit to get these kids a different destination. Good chance I will probably go anyway but they dont know that.
SU should send you and brian on a private jet to yankee stadium's doorstep with pitchforks and torches.

If the CWB does give us the heave ho in favor of the Clampetts with this program's current trajectory, they could come to rue that decision in the not too distant future. karma is a beeatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom