Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

It’s Jimmy V week, Tom. Don’t ever give up.
I should have included the caveat "if not selected for the Camping World Bowl".

Even if Iowa State ends up in Orlando, I think if the CWB looks carefully, they will see that Syracuse will bring more people and certainly higher TV ratings than the unwatchable, unattractive, disgusting NC State team. NC State isn't really that disgusting, but their style of play is boring, their coach is a blueprint for what not to want in a head coach when trying to promote a football game and NC State fans are disappointed with their season and the team is playing poorly (they are 3-3 in their last 6 games).

Syracuse hasn't gone to a warm weather bowl since 2004. The fan base is starving for achance to go to Orlando.

They have the coolest HC in the country and arguably the coolest player too in Eric Dungey. And Syracuse is 5-1 in its last 6 games, one of the hottest teams in the country.

NC State was only about to sell 3000 tickets for their last bowl game. The fan base is fat, lazy and my UNC friends say there is an odor problem. Okay, I made that part up (except for the odor problem).

There should be no question who should be picked, regardless of the opponent.

Last edited:
Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our proximity to NYC is a problem.

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.
Your saying if looks like but you can’t tell I assume from all this? needs be Orlando or El Paso.

Just remembered Briancuse is a Mets fan. NOW his Pinstripe Bowl disdain makes sense.
I am a met fan but it has nothing to do with it. If your a. 6 or 7 win team its a good bowl not when u win 9 games and finish 2nd. Its a joke if we go there. I've froze my butt off and got sick sitting through 2 pinstripe bowls no interest in going back.

Good article out of the Miami Herald that talks in detail about how the Tier 1 bowls select teams. At least more detail than I have seen previously.

Here’s what Canes AD Blake James said about UM bowl outlook, and what you need to know

Our proximity to NYC is a problem.

Our playing in Yankee Stadium 2 weeks ago should be taken into account, I think, under the recently played clause. If that game wasn't recent, none are.

Our long standing rivalry with a former conference member with a long history would also be a strong point in our favor, but only if the Mountaineers are in play.

And if Syracuse fell to Tier 1, they would have a much better record than any other ACC schools that are out there. But it looks like if the Pinstripe is the only bowl that really wants Syracuse as their top choice, we are probably going to end up there.

What a shame.

Article says Gator is likely picking an ACC team. Sounds like they'd much rather have a 9-3 NCST than a 7-5 Miami. SU goes Camping and both are happy. If CWB picks NCST over Cuse it screws everything up. Not sure why they would do this but who knows.

If we somehow ended up in NY I would accept it if we were able to play PED state and destroy them.

9-3 Penn State won't be going to the Pinstripe Bowl.

They'd need to be 6-6 to end up there, like 2014.

Our 9 wins and our recent trip make the Pinstripe such a letdown this year. Any other year with 6-8 wins and not already playing there in late November, sure, sign me up.

9-3 Penn State won't be going to the Pinstripe Bowl.

They'd need to be 6-6 to end up there, like 2014.

Our 9 wins and our recent trip make the Pinstripe such a letdown this year. Any other year with 6-8 wins and not already playing there in late November, sure, sign me up.

I realize this and I’m angry about it. I want Penn State. I think Franklin is trash.

I’m not worried. Camping World is a good bowl but is it really that much better than Tier 1 bowls? As long as we don’t get Pinstripe I’m good. I think we will go to Orlando still and NC St to gator instead of a 7-5 Big Ten team. Reading the tea leaves if a surprise occurs Sunday I think it’s us to the Sun Bowl. Projections have Sun taking BC or UVA, so we’d beat them out for sure. At 9-3 we can go to any Tier 1 bowl we wish, Sun being the best. Sun is on par with Camping imo and the matchups and tv exposure is far better. Only disappointment with Sun is for those who planned on traveling for the game.

It basically is. The Camping World bowl is the next best bowl outside of the NY6. It's above the tier 1 bowls for a reason. We need this for prestige and changing our perception. It really would be a crime if we don't get selected to go there. I would hope the ACC would step in and push for Syracuse since they are the higher ranked team. If they get bypassed here the message will be sent...win the conference/finish in the top 12 or else your ceiling is the Pinstripe bowl.

It basically is. The Camping World bowl is the next best bowl outside of the NY6. It's above the tier 1 bowls for a reason. We need this for prestige and changing our perception. It really would be a crime if we don't get selected to go there. I would hope the ACC would step in and push for Syracuse since they are the higher ranked team. If they get bypassed here the message will be sent...win the conference/finish in the top 12 or else your ceiling is the Pinstripe bowl.

Or finish top 2 in a year where that gets you the Orange Bowl

Hate doing this but call Dungey's forward progress stopped at Heinz Field and we'd be incensed about being snubbed for the Peach or Fiesta and headed to the CWB.

And then there is the ridiculous fourth down catch by Renfrow at Clemson....

Yes, I think we deserve CWB at worst but I said before the season I'd be thrilled with any bowl. I'm thrilled.

I wouldn’t hate the gator bowl at all. New Years Eve, Florida, Post Game Concert, Fireworks at midnight.

Too bad this is probably the least likely option.
I agree the Gator Bowl seems like a great event with a fireworks show following the game along with a concert by country singer Cole Swindell.

Last edited:
Hate doing this but call Dungey's forward progress stopped at Heinz Field and we'd be incensed about being snubbed for the Peach or Fiesta and headed to the CWB.

And then there is the ridiculous fourth down catch by Renfrow at Clemson...

Yes, I think we deserve CWB at worst but I said before the season I'd be thrilled with any bowl. I'm thrilled.
Renfrow catch was ludicrous.

Pinstripe Bowl attendance always in the high 30s, when ND and Penn State played add 10 k. Attendance doesn't seem to fluctuate although I would bet there would be more butts in seats with Syracuse. So Pinstripe wants us for TV ratings

NC state loses and were camping ...I think
I have literally never heard a peep about NC State’s travel presence until this year with bowl selection.

I’ve heard LGO chants at our last two away football games and last night at OSU for basketball.
NC State won't bring anymore then us to Orlando , probably less. Miami won't bring Jack to Jacksonville their fans are marketing plans to dump what's his face. Richt and could careless about Gator because they thought they would be in ACC Champ. in pre season

How does a NC State loss to ECU this weekend impact things? Gotta help Cuse, I imagine.

I don’t know man... ECU fired Montgomery today, so I wouldn’t think it is even a possibility State drops to a tomato can without their head coach.

But the game still has to be played on the field. And as we all know, State does State things. Every year.

{snip}

NC State won't bring anymore then us to Orlando , probably less. Miami won't bring Jack to Jacksonville their fans are marketing plans to dump what's his face. Richt and could careless about Gator because they thought they would be in ACC Champ. in pre season
When we played in the Gator, one of our fans in Miami told his then-GF he'd like for both of them to go. His GF, a life-long resident of Miami, agreed and then said, "I couldn't live in Jacksonville. It gets too cold there." Okaaaay.

Believe the payout the last time we played there was $2M. 2018 projected payout is $5.8M making it one of the top 10. Profile of the game is becoming more and more attractive even if the venue isn't to a fan base that has been there, done that.
From what I have heard, they do things first class every step of the way.

When we played in the Gator, one of our fans in Miami told his then-GF he'd like for both of them to go. His GF, a life-long resident of Miami, agreed and then said, "I couldn't live in Jacksonville. It gets too cold there." Okaaaay.
Ha.. It actually does, if you’re used to Miami weather.

It’s a 5 to 5.5 hour drive straight north, basically to Georgia.

It’s like someone from NYC saying they couldn’t live in Montreal because it gets too cold there.

I went to the Bills game in Miami last year on NYE. A couple days later I drove back up to Atlanta - it was 80 when I left Miami in the am... 40 when I got up to Jacksonville.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom