Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

It's Orlando or Pinstripe. Let's face it, unless we force the issue by playing well enough to get a NY6 bowl we will always be a red-headed step child in this conference in terms of bowl slots. It wasn't much different in the Big East. But at least I understood VT, we know they tend to travel well when good. I have never heard the Pack has that kind of reputation though.

Cheers,
Neil
Why would the sun belk or music not be a. Option?

Why would the sun belk or music not be a. Option?

I believe that the Music Bowl is only in play if the Gator chooses a Big Ten team. The pickings are really, really slim for the Big Ten this year. So much so that a 7-5 Miami team looks great to the Gator.

Cheers,
Neil

Or they know we are going to either CW or Pinstripe?

Cheers,
Neil
The sun bowl has priority over pinstripe they are about best matchup and tv rating why wouldn't they want the 2nd best acc team that is ranked

The sun bowl has priority over pinstripe they are about best matchup and tv rating why wouldn't they want the 2nd best acc team that is ranked
The Tier one bowls have equal status, there is no pecking order.

A Texas win on Saturday would earn it a spot in the Sugar Bowl and likely keep Oklahoma (currently ranked fifth) out of the College Football Playoff picture. Should Oklahoma lose but still qualify for a New Year’s Six bowl by staying in the Top 12 of the final CFP poll, No. 16 West Virginia and No. 23 Iowa State would be the two highest-ranked Big 12 teams eligible for Camping World Bowl consideration.

The Camping World Bowl would then pick second behind the Alamo Bowl once all the CFP bowls have been assigned.

If Oklahoma wins, it would remain a candidate for a spot in a College Football Playoff semifinal and could potentially enter the Top 4 if Clemson or the SEC Championship Game loser falls out. Should Oklahoma secure a semifinal berth, the Sugar Bowl would select the next highest-ranked Big 12 team to fill its Big 12 vacancy before the Alamo and Camping World Bowls make their picks.

Whether the Sugar Bowl team in that scenario is Texas, West Virginia or Iowa State depends on how the committee ranks the teams in the final poll.

A win for Pittsburgh this weekend would knock Clemson out of the College Football Playoff semifinals and put the Panthers in the Fiesta Bowl or Peach Bowl as a displaced conference champion.

This outcome would likely not impact Camping World Bowl team selections, however, it could shift the VRBO Citrus Bowl’s pick window by taking away an at-large bid that would have otherwise been available for a Big Ten or SEC team in the latter part of the Top 12.

If Clemson were to defeat Pitt, on the other hand, the Tigers would move on to a College Football Playoff semifinal game while Pitt would fall to 7-6 on the year, leaving No. 20 Syracuse and North Carolina State as the two highest-ranked teams in the Camping World Bowl pick window.

Here is my question for the board. Pitt is going to lose their 6 game and doesn't travel. Bc has lost 3 in a row and doesn't travel. Uva has one win in the last month against liberty. How are these three potentially going to better bowls than us?

It's Orlando or Pinstripe. Let's face it, unless we force the issue by playing well enough to get a NY6 bowl we will always be a red-headed step child in this conference in terms of bowl slots. It wasn't much different in the Big East. But at least I understood VT, we know they tend to travel well when good. I have never heard the Pack has that kind of reputation though.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't think its deserved either. How many NCState fans show up to the Dome? 200?

How many Cuse fans show up to NCState? Literally thousands for football and basketball

Hell, we had like 3k+ there when Shafer was coach.

Someone tweeted at the Sun Bowl asking why Oregon's helmet isn't up there. They replied that Oregon is a possibility they just don't have one of their helmet's. So it's possible they don't have a Syracuse Helmet

The Tier one bowls have equal status, there is no pecking order.
In theory no, but in reality there is always a pecking order, generally the one with the higher payout pecks first.

Someone tweeted at the Sun Bowl asking why Oregon's helmet isn't up there. They replied that Oregon is a possibility they just don't have one of their helmet's. So it's possible they don't have a Syracuse Helmet
someone needs to ask

someone asked. they say they dont have a cuse helmet.

i feel like this is lip service. they 100% would not post this pic with helmets missing for the teams they chose. that would make them look dumb. but they realized after that not including the helmets probably tips hands for some other bowls so they are backtracking.

Bottomline, they are getting another game.

People need to freaking chill the f' out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom