Joe Girard playing well, Clemson down double figures. | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard playing well, Clemson down double figures.

Clemson’s fans just seem to hate Brownell - they have been crying for him to be fired for years - even this year when they were doing fairly well.

Clemson is a perfect example of why we need to get back to being Syracuse under Red. This is who Clemson always is even when good. When they are the 3rd best team in the conference its bad news(quality not record)

Boeheim was the king of low hanging fruit and situational awareness

Let teams shoot threes
Be good most of the time daring guys like mintz to shoot
Be very good when you get a great small forward ball hog
Shorten the game when you get a lead

Now teams shoot well enough where the great American ball hog isn't better than a team that gets good shots for guys who can all make them

We have to adjust to more parity. It's harder to be great now because teams are less stupid

We have a lot of catching up to do on offense

Last edited:
Hall got one more rebound than a dead man!!
Joe G was Clemson’s leading rebounder with 7 over Scheiffelin (6) and Hall (1) - wow.

Since our game Hall has really stunk - hurt? He wasn’t good even the game before ours against Notre Dame.

Clemson is a perfect example of why we need to get back to being Syracuse under Red. This is who Clemson always is even when good. When they are the 3rd best team in the conference its bad news(quality not record)
Didn’t even think about it like that and yet it’s so true.

LOL...Brownell "built" the Clemson BB program? They've been in the ACC for 70 friggin' years, and Brownell is the 2nd longest tenured coach in the conference.
Yeah Bill Foster, cliff Ellis and rick Barnes did nothing there right? good run and I get the players opinions but let's slow the roll on Brad Brownell. Best thing for us is this run keeps him there for the next few years.

Yeah Bill Foster, cliff Ellis and rick Barnes did nothing there right? good run and I get the players opinions but let's slow the roll on Brad Brownell. Best thing for us is this run keeps him there for the next few years.

I have no clue about Clemsons history. But I know they said last night Brownell is the first Clemson coach to lead the team to 2 sweet 16’s. I think he’s the all time winningest coach too. That’s where they’re probably coming from.

We should show this pic to our Strength & Conditioning Coach to show him what’s possible. Most of our guys look like that don’t know where the weight room is in our state-of-the-art Melo Center. I’m not sure if that is more on the players alone, more on the staff to demand it, or a combination of both.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpeg
    IMG_3113.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 29
Oliver Purnell did decent there. He won a lot of regular season games, but was upset by worse seeds 3 years in a row before taking the DePaul job. I bet looking back he regrets that move.

We should show this pic to our Strength & Conditioning Coach to show him what’s possible. Most of our guys look like that don’t know where the weight room is in our state-of-the-art Melo Center. I’m not sure if that is more on the players alone, more on the staff to demand it, or a combination of both.

IMG_1461.jpeg

I have no clue about Clemsons history. But I know they said last night Brownell is the first Clemson coach to lead the team to 2 sweet 16’s. I think he’s the all time winningest coach too. That’s where they’re probably coming from.
Yeah i dont know how people are missing this. Talking about barnes built the program. First off no one built that program…. They have one conference championship in history and one elite appearance. They still aren’t built. Second of all how can a coach that was only there 4 years in the 90s “build it”. including what you just said, he’s the first Clemson Coach to beat UNC in chapel hill in history, their best win % in history, taken them to two of their 6 sweet sixteens, etc. he’s also one of the best defense minded and scheming coaches in the country. is Brownell one of the best in the country? No, but he’s pretty good for a program that has never cared or done anything in basketball. Basketball comes third at Clemson behind football and baseball.

Exactly and they are supporting their coach who gets a lot of crap. They obviously have their coaches back and are very happy with him leading their program. Hall even got lambasted by Brownlee after picking up his fourth foul running through a screen and did not talk back, did not pout and obviously respects him. Very good leadership by both Girard and Hall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom