John Wildhack named new SU AD | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack named new SU AD

sutomcat said:
Syracuse has always had a strong relationship with ESPN...SU alums run the company. This just strengthens the bonds. I bet the ACC offices are delighted with this. He doesn't have experience in running an athletic department but he certainly has experience running a large organization. Will need to make good hires with his deputy ADs to address things like fundraising, HC hires, scheduling, etc. Great to have a Syracuse guy running the department. He is smart, knows college athletics inner workings as well as anyone and is orange to the core. One thing I guarantee. He won't be a 10 month hire. Welcome aboard John. Get ready to answer questions about an ACC network!

A grand slam of a hire.

Awesome hire but I wonder if he'd leave to take the job as head of ESPN, if it opened up.

Awesome hire but I wonder if he'd leave to take the job as head of ESPN, if it opened up.
My assumption is that the writing is on the wall and he decided to try something different. Would be hard to leave if the door was still open.

kuethstheman said:

He's in his late 50s. ESPN faces difficult times ahead. He's been there 36 years. This is a good time to make a transition.

Syracuse has always had a strong relationship with ESPN...SU alums run the company.

This just strengthens the bonds. I bet the ACC offices are delighted with this.

He doesn't have experience in running an athletic department but he certainly has experience running a large organization. Will need to make good hires with his deputy ADs to address things like fundraising, HC hires, scheduling, etc.

Great to have a Syracuse guy running the department. He is smart, knows college athletics inner workings as well as anyone and is orange to the core. One thing I guarantee. He won't be a 10 month hire.

Welcome aboard John. Get ready to answer questions about an ACC network!

I wonder if the conference was a catalyst behind this choice.

Didn't he or a son used to post here? I'm pretty sure someone in the family did.

Yes, John used to post every once in awhile and used to have some good scoops every now and then (now you know why). So assuming you will eventually read this, congrats John!

Was also a member of one of the fraternities your son was considering (Psi Upsilon--same as myself, Brian Orange and Forza Azzuri, although was there before us).

On the face, it seems to me like Syracuse's version of Dave Brandon.

That said, I hope he honors our tradition - return the name Orangemen, unretire 44, and no more arena-league football uniforms. If he does that, I'll be his biggest fan.

Yes, John used to post every once in awhile and used to have some good scoops every now and then (now you know why). So assuming you will eventually read this, congrats John!

Was also a member of one of the fraternities your son was considering (Psi Upsilon--same as myself, Brian Orange and Forza Azzuri, although was there before us).

If you're telling me we just hired JohnSyracuse as our AD my brain might explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom