John Wildhack | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

on pace for 1-11. I’m over Babers. Sure, we aren’t a football powerhouse but Cuse shouldn’t be worst team in FBS either.
We only play 11, so it's 1-10, be grateful for the little things. Good thing it's not 12 or it would be 1-11, the worst record in the 131 years of the program, absolute ground zero and rock bottom

Quite honestly and I’m not being a jerk when I say this, but the dome renovation was so far beyond overdue and great that JW got it done. But what has he done other than this ? I’m asking BC I honestly don’t know and would love some insight BC on the surface he hasn’t done much and the programs struggle

We were on track to win a NC in lax. Because he made the investments.

If Marrone becomes available this offseason, do you make that move? I would.
I don't think Doug wants any part of college football and recruiting. He'll step into an offensive coordinator position in the NFL

I'd trade dino for will muschamp in a second, will would win and make bowls here, dino would be worse than chad morris in the SEC

How will Muschamp recruit here if he couldn't at SC?

Dino just needs a QB. We got the pieces on D. We get some guys back on oline next year. Running backs look loaded and WRs should be solid. The issue is QB. Its been shaky ever since Dungey left. We need to hit transfer portal hard and pickup one or 2 guys (Schrader?) that can come in here and give us consistent production.

People are mad and lashing out. I get the exasperation. But Wildhack has done everything people on this board have been clamoring about for years. Dino is not failing because he doesn’t have the resources. He has more than any SU coach in history. It’s on him.
And on top of it just about every Syracuse fan wanted him extended before USC got him. To be clear after the 10 win season almost EVERYONE wanted him extended. JW and no one could foresee this turn. He did what we wanted. Now we have to ride it out until either a buyout is palatable or he rights the ship. No one can complain that Syracuse didn't pony up for the coach. So cry in your beers folks and let it go and let's hope we see some good things next year.

To be fair. The big time Donors and I mean big bucks donors have the money to. It's pocket change to them. Not trying to tell Donors how to spend their money but if you have the money to better your school and your football program which you root for and have passion for you do it.

You don't know our donors. We aren't raising 10 mil to buy out a coach. See all the hard work it took to build the Melo Center for the franchise.

As CTO posted above, AD's do NOT solicit money from "big money donors" for a buyout.

If this were Texas or Notre Dame or some other SEC school, the big donors might get together on their own and pass the hat.

But since this is Syracuse, there are no whales. There will be no "donor funded" buyout.

In a year where most of us are barely keeping our heads above water, I'd think our major donors have more important things to worry about.
You are correct and I personally know that current Cuse football donors are having a hard time donating with what they are seeing on the field and on the sidelines. Many aren’t buying what Dino is selling.

Money can’t be the reason we bring Dino back.
You bring Dino back if he can still do the job and get the program competitive.

We could take paycheck road games if we needed to raise money.
Their are ways to raise the captial if it’s the correct decision.

Money can’t be the reason we bring Dino back.
You bring Dino back if he can still do the job and get the program competitive.

We could take paycheck road games if we needed to raise money.
Their are ways to raise the captial if it’s the correct decision.
Money isn’t the only reason but it is a heavily weighted reason in a calculus that contemplates all factors.

As CTO posted above, AD's do NOT solicit money from "big money donors" for a buyout.

If this were Texas or Notre Dame or some other SEC school, the big donors might get together on their own and pass the hat.

But since this is Syracuse, there are no whales. There will be no "donor funded" buyout.

In a year where most of us are barely keeping our heads above water, I'd think our major donors have more important things to worry about.
I mean this as no disrespect but you couldn’t be more wrong. The Florida State Athletic Director started reaching out to donors in 2018 on how to buyout Willie Taggart after they got trounced by NC State in early November that year. It happens all the time. Hell go back and watch that les miles documentary on ESPN, first two episodes the Kansas athletic director comes out and says he needs to talk to his boosters to pay for the coach’s buyout and Les miles staff.

Terrible take.
Wildhack as the AD running much better then it has in a very long time. He has given everything to the football program it’s been asking for and engaging alums as well. To say he should be fired because of a buy out is crazy, it’s standard practice.
JWs mistake was giving Dino a four year extension, Syracuse can not afford to give long extensions, because then you can not afford to terminate that coach.

You are correct and I personally know that current Cuse football donors are having a hard time donating with what they are seeing on the field and on the sidelines. Many aren’t buying what Dino is selling.
I think many people are going to surprised this spring. The investments will be in the facilities.

Really have to wonder what everyone thought would happen...new OC and DC in the same year...thin roster and COVID...lots of things to pick at but this was always going to be a diaster
And how does any of that account for his bad performance in 2019. Excuses just do not cut it, this program is getting worse, stop with the excuses.

And how does any of that account for his bad performance in 2019. Excuses just do not cut it, this program is getting worse, stop with the excuses.
They had a bad year and cleaned house in the offseason. If you guys aren’t willing to sacrifice time then don’t demand they replace people. The idea that we swap out both coordinators in a COVID world and expect to win is crazy. We’re playing with what...50 guys? Lol. Look I get it you want to can Dino but what savior is coming? GMAFB

Last edited:
Cheeks in the seats improved steadily between ‘17 and ‘19. Im sure plenty of other season ticket holders will attest to that. We had huge swings in positive attendance change while the vast majority of college fb was steadily losing.

We only had more than 40k for NC State and Lville in 2018. Plenty of other colleges draw way more than that for home games

They had a bad year and cleaned house in the offseason. If you guys aren’t willing to sacrifice time then don’t demand they replace people. The idea that we swap out both coordinators in a COVID world and expect to win is crazy. We’re playing with what...50 guys? Lol. Look I get it you want to can Dino but what savior is coming? GAFB
You do not seem to understand, it is not the won/loss record, it is lack of team discipline, horrendous tackling technique, vanilla offensive game plans, his excuses for poor performance without taking any responsibility, and his offense is no longer fast but boring. He failed to develope an offensive line after having five years to do so.
I got news for you he will not be fired and we will go through a similar year next year. His performance has been poor for five years rescued by Dungey and Shafer holdovers in 2018. I have had it with him, saying that I pray i am totally wrong because I would like nothing more than for him to get off his butt and turn things around.

Oh no! You mean we're going to lose our bowl game, too?
Yes!!! Should also include losses to the Bye weeks seeing as the record after them they must take a lot of the team lol.

We only had more than 40k for NC State and Lville in 2018. Plenty of other colleges draw way more than that for home games
Meh a lot of other colleges haven’t put up the garbage that our fan base has. It’s a good fanbase and regardless of the sport the name Syracuse is a big recognized school. We need to consistently win to see fans... not just one off seasons. Doesn’t have to be 10 wins every years but I’m not blaming the fans after the team performs like that.