Josh Allen Medically DQ'd | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Allen Medically DQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a problem that suddenly occurred when Wildhack took the job. We had two ADs with plenty of experience before Wildhack. What were they doing about it?
I understand that CuseLegacy, but in the past it may have seemed like a tiny leak in Hoover Dam, now it's a gushing gash...

ESPN trimmed a lot of expenses and recently fired Wildhack's old equal in power Marie Donoghue. His job wasn't for life. His equal got shown the door after 20 years and Skipper promoted a young hot shot out of the Bill Simmons school Connor Schell to be her and Wildhack's old position successor.

Wildhack jumped to Syracuse because it was Security and his Alma mater. ESPN job wasn't for life and there was a problems coming due to the Cord cutters and lost revenue.

He hasn't earned Jake Crouthamel status. He needs to produce.

You're just wrong on this and I won't continue down this path.

This isn't a problem that suddenly occurred when Wildhack took the job. We had two ADs with plenty of experience before Wildhack. What were they doing about it?
Yep, my griping is about the lackadaisical whistling and shuffling from those whose responsibility it is to oversee the matter. Clearly people don't know, don't care. For a while.

I don't blame Dr Tucker solely, although I have heard enough from enough people here to suspect that he's not the best candidate for the job. As long as someone who gives a looks into it, I'm happy.

The guy has been deeply involved with SU for decades before (and the ACC, and other ADs), knows the challenges the school has, unlike the last two guys who used it as a stepping stone, or tried.
I have no doubt he will get "Cuse Hard Knocks" on the ACC Network; is that all that is required of a SU AD?

I understand that CuseLegacy, but in the past it may have seemed like a tiny leak in Hoover Dam, now it's a gushing gash...

Insitutions, like universities, have a political hierarchy. The ones who decide who is hired and how money is spent. I don't blame the AD or Chancellor their hands may be tied. I'd look higher up the food chain at the BOT.

You're just wrong on this and I won't continue down this path.
Wrong that he had an ESPN job for life?
ESPN fired a ton of people. The company is under a lot of pressure from Disney as the company hurt Disney's portfolio last quarter.
ESPN did fire Wildhack's co-equal in Donoghue its a fact.
Skipper is getting killed for the rights fees he paid for MLB and the NBA. Those fees are killing the company and with more cord cutters are lowering profits. Wildhack is probably a good man never met I am not going to blow shine up and him and say he did Syracuse athletics any favors leaving ESPN.
His ESPN job as I said was replaced by the creator of 30 for 30 Connor Schell. Schell would have gone for the job no matter who had it.

From information on this board Coyle was in the process of getting rid of Tucker. He left for Minnesota. Wildhack has come in and not done anything to deserve major props. You clearly have a relationship with the guy and like him. He has been okay and is learning on the job. So sorry that gets scored in the situation. He hasn't been bad. Nor has he been good.

Wildhack still has a ways to go. The jury is still out there.

Wrong that he had an ESPN job for life?
ESPN fired a ton of people. The company is under a lot of pressure from Disney as the company hurt Disney's portfolio last quarter.
ESPN did fire Wildhack's co-equal in Donoghue its a fact.
Skipper is getting killed for the rights fees he paid for MLB and the NBA. Those fees are killing the company and with more cord cutters are lowering profits. Wildhack is probably a good man never met I am not going to blow shine up and him and say he did Syracuse athletics any favors leaving ESPN.
His ESPN job as I said was replaced by the creator of 30 for 30 Connor Schell. Schell would have gone for the job no matter who had it.

From information on this board Coyle was in the process of getting rid of Tucker. He left for Minnesota. Wildhack has come in and not done anything to deserve major props. You clearly have a relationship with the guy and like him. He has been okay and is learning on the job. So sorry that gets scored in the situation. He hasn't been bad. Nor has he been good.

Wildhack still has a ways to go. The jury is still out there.

You think going to SU as AD was because he was about to get KO'd? And you don't think FOX Sports or someone else would;d have picked him up?

Wildhack is a very successful and underrated executive who has done very, very well in the media business.

Please please please digest this: You do not know what you are speaking of as it relates to what John Wildhack's professional opportunities. I love me the Internet Chat Room conspiracy theories, but this one, sir or madam, is D-U-M-B.

You think going to SU as AD was because he was about to get KO'd? And you don't think FOX Sports or someone else would;d have picked him up?

Wildhack is a very successful and underrated executive who has done very, very well in the media business.

Please please please digest this: You do not know what you are speaking of as it relates to what John Wildhack's professional opportunities. I love me the Internet Chat Room conspiracy theories, but this one, sir or madam, is D-U-M-B.
I never said he was going to get fired specifically. Please stop this stupid attack crap.
My point was Wildhack didn't do Syracuse any favors leaving ESPN.
His job at ESPN wasn't for life. Wildhack had no AD experience and is learning on the job.

I was pushing back on the narrative from one poster. I respect Bayside he clearly has a relationship with Wildhack. He wasn't this sure thing. I am not going to give people credit when they haven't earned it. You want to attack my point but it's all factual. ESPN was hemorrhaging subscribers and did fire a lot of staff because their profits have gone down.

I doubt Wildhack would have been popped but to say Wildhack didn't get a promotion to take the SU AD isn't wrong. He was the number 2 at ESPN. He was fine but his performance an Ad doesn't warrant we should be thankful he has the job. He has done very little as AD and is clearly learning on the job. Sorry I don't find learning on the job as Wildhack is doing SU fans great. I had an email exchange with him that was a step down from Gross IMO.

Why don't you ask questions next time instead of this pissing match stuff. We hired an ESPN suit to the AD and what I said about ESPN was all factual.

Is there any local media willing to "expose" this story on evening news?
Hurt this quack; hurt his pocketbook, hurt his legacy, then maybe he retires...

What are we arguing about? Josh Allen was confused, and that's a problem. This probably should have been handled better. However, I buy that he was told by someone that he was disqualified, and my wildly uneducated guess is that Josh, to a certain extent, probably heard what he wanted to hear. This does not appear to be a Clark situation. Josh had chest pains as a 22 year old after lifting one day, his dad had a heart attack, and they found blood clots in his chest. That is terrifying. This does not sound like a medical staff conspiracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CIL
I assume this is the infamous Dr. Tucker that has caused this debate.

Final Actions

This is public information and took me about 3 minutes to find. Why hasn't any journalist investigated this guy instead of accepting explanations from the source (University) that has everything to lose if exposed. In my opinion this is one small case that illustrates everything that is wrong with journalism today. Journalists rarely stop to verify what they are being told by investigating for facts and simply publish the propaganda they are fed.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Alsacs, post: 2261898, member: 652"

Why don't you ask questions next time instead of this pissing match stuff. We hired an ESPN suit to the AD and what I said about ESPN was all factual.[/QUOTE]

So question #1, how are these things from your past two posts facts?
  • Wildhack didn't do Syracuse any favors leaving ESPN.
  • Wildhack has done nothing to deserve props for during his tenure.
  • His biggest benefit has to been to the ACC with the cable network stuff.
ESPN has been long dominant and is still by far the market leader and cash cow for Disney. Guess who built that? Dismissing people to right size is smart business...and last I checked outside Google, Facebook and Amazon, not many are adding tons of staff.

Question #2: Are you basing some of your thoughts on him based on one email exchange?

Goodness, man.

Not sure what Wildhack needed to do to come in and WOW people in (still less than) full year one when issues like the Carrier Dome, issues with NY State and institution-wide fundraising are bigger than Athletics.

Let the football staff be pissed at the medical team, an area that has mega sensitive legal and perceptual issues to deal with to make change. But as football coaches are based on Wins, of course they are going to be bullish on whatever ir takes to get bodies on the field. I'll take the issues that need a hard look at at Syracuse any day of the week over the immoral insanity of Baylor any day of the week.

Final Actions

This is public information and took me about 3 minutes to find. Why hasn't any journalist investigated this guy instead of accepting explanations from the source (University) that has everything to lose if exposed. In my opinion this is one small case that illustrates everything that is wrong with journalism today. Journalists rarely stop to verify what they are being told by investigating for facts and simply publish the propaganda they are fed.
Sorry, wrong Tucker. Middle initial of the Team Physician is B not M.

Final Actions

Wrong Tucker. It's Dr. James B. Tucker.

I'd be very interested to read this paper he co-wrote:
Medical Coverage of High School Football in New York State - http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00913847.1988.11709601

"In brief: The principals of all New York secondary schools were surveyed regarding medical coverage of interscholastic sports. The overall response rate was 65.3%, which represents approximately 90% of schools having varsity football teams. Results showed that the team physicians for most of the high schools are family practice physicians. Medical coverage at football games is often not provided directly by a physician, especially at the junior varsity and freshman levels. In addition, many schools do not record injury data, and only about half require either parental liability waivers or health insurance. One fourth of the high schools have been involved in litigation related to sports injuries in the past five years. The authors suggest several ways to correct these problems, measures that could apply to other states as well."

Disney stock is getting killed because of ESPN.
Removing the ESPN Discount

It's not the cash cow it once was.
Paying the NFL 2 billion a year.
Paying the NBA 2.6 billion a year.
Paying MLB 850 million a year.

These contracts have killed ESPN when people are cutting the cord.

ESPN could be sold to Apple in the future.

On the second point I think Wildhack got a lot of hype when he was hired. I don't think he has lived up to that hype. He hasn't been a failure but he hasn't been a success. He has done nothing but learn on the spot.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

What are we arguing about? Josh Allen was confused, and that's a problem. This probably should have been handled better. However, I buy that he was told by someone that he was disqualified, and my whitely uneducated guess is that Josh, to a certain extent, probably heard what he wanted to hear. This does not appear to be a Clark situation. Josh had chest pains as a 22 year old after lifting one day, his dad had a heart attack, and they found blood clots in his chest. That is terrifying. This does not sound like a medical staff conspiracy.
The P-S article stated that Josh never actually saw Tucker. Also stated that he was led to believe that he was, essentially, medically red shirted; sit out this year and be re-evaluated next year. That's the same sht they tried with Steven, at first. So, I can TOTALLY see where Josh didn't think he'd been DQed.

Med staff served up another excrement sammich to a kid who deserved to be treated better than that.

BTW, believe me when bambrewer and I say that people are noticing.

ESPN trimmed a lot of expenses and recently fired Wildhack's old equal in power Marie Donoghue. His job wasn't for life. His equal got shown the door after 20 years and Skipper promoted a young hot shot out of the Bill Simmons school Connor Schell to be her and Wildhack's old position successor.

Wildhack jumped to Syracuse because it was Security and his Alma mater. ESPN job wasn't for life and there was a problems coming due to the Cord cutters and lost revenue.

He hasn't earned Jake Crouthamel status. He needs to produce.

This is not correct.

The P-S article stated that Josh never actually saw Tucker. Also stated that he was led to believe that he was, essentially, medically red shirted; sit out this year and be re-evaluated next year. That's the same sht they tried with Steven, at first. So, I can TOTALLY see where Josh didn't think he'd been DQed.

Med staff served up another excrement sammich to a kid who deserved to be treated better than that.

I'm really not trying to argue, but chest pains in a 22 year old with a family history of heart attacks just feels different. Again, it could have been handled better, but this does not appear to be an unjustifiable or incompetent decision. Also, if he hasn't seen tucker yet, then maybe he will have the opportunity to have his case reviewed later.

Last edited:

I'm not asking what people are noticing but is it people that can change protocol?

I'm not asking what people are noticing but is it people that can change protocol?
I may be misinterpreting this, but I think he is saying recruits are noticing...as in maybe steering away from us due to fear that the first injury they suffer will result in them being sidelined for good.

Disney stock is getting killed because of ESPN.
Removing the ESPN Discount

It's not the cash cow it once was.
Paying the NFL 2 billion a year.
Paying the NBA 2.6 billion a year.
Paying MLB 850 million a year.

These contracts have killed ESPN when people are cutting the cord.

ESPN could be sold to Apple in the future.

On the second point I think Wildhack got a lot of hype when he was hired. I don't think he has lived up to that hype. He hasn't been a failure but he hasn't been a success. He has done nothing but learn on the spot.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Blaming Wildhack for cord cutting is like blaming the snow for Michael Vick not coming to Syracuse.

Welcome to Clown status, Alsacs. Wildhack not being a good AD coming off a lightly recruited DE being DQ'd and not realizing is obviously the right rationale to support it.

:confused:

SU consistently produces top 25 performance when you consider all athletics across mens and womens sports. Our medical staff execution ought to be as good as our performance on the field and on the court.

[/QUOTE]

Blaming Wildhack for cord cutting is like blaming the snow for Michael Vick not coming to Syracuse.

Welcome to Clown status, Alsacs. Wildhack not being a good AD coming off a lightly recruited DE being DQ'd and not realizing is obviously the right rationale to support it.

:confused:[/QUOTE]
WHERE THE BLEEP DID I BLAME WILDHACK MY GOD YOU ARE NOT READING WHAT I POST.

I NEVER BLAMED THIS STUFF ON WILDHACK. I want to post more but I don't want to get banned for bad language. God my point was Wildhack could see the tea leafs of ESPN and decided the Syracuse job was a nice job to get away from the ESPN job.

God I hate posters like you. It's not worth debate. You want to take shots go ahead.

This stuff with Allen has nothing to do with Wildhack overall.

God people can feel the guy has to prove it more. Why am I respond to a person more interested in a pissing match with me instead of trying to understand the points I am making and just disagreeing.

My god if people can't understand ESPN has undergone a lot of change and Wildhack could have seen it coming it makes some sense why we left.

Also learn how to bleeping click reply correctly and not clog these posts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online