Josh Allen Medically DQ'd | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Allen Medically DQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The justification of all this garbage is getting old. I don't care how you cut it, he's a kid, maybe he didn't understand, whatever. It's all Horse $ h ! T.

If the kid's confused, you didn't do your job explaining, notifying and documenting, simple as that.

From the medical staff, to the AD mispelling Syracuse Legend's names, so much goes on that is Mickey Mouse.

Clean this stuff up, GD it gets old reading about this garbage.

Communication is clearly lacking on multiple fronts. Not really debatable.

The justification of all this garbage is getting old. I don't care how you cut it, he's a kid, maybe he didn't understand, whatever. It's all Horse $ h ! T.

If the kid's confused, you didn't do your job explaining, notifying and documenting, simple as that.

From the medical staff, to the AD mispelling Syracuse Legend's names, so much goes on that is Mickey Mouse.

Clean this stuff up, GD it gets old reading about this garbage.

Communication is clearly lacking on multiple fronts. Not really debatable.
Jeezus freaking chriiiist. I don't care how slow you think you have to move as an organization. DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOTS.

Athletics Health Care Administration Best Practices

"Athletics healthcare administration is one of the strategic priorities of the NCAA Sport Science Institute. Athletics healthcare administration refers to the manner in which healthcare services are delivered within the athletics department of a member institution. Even if there is an extraordinary medical team in place, medical healthcare delivery will suffer if such care does not have an efficient and well-rehearsed delivery system. To help provide oversight in efficient and well-rehearsed delivery of medical care, member schools should designate a director of medical services. This individual will be generally responsible with administrative oversight of the delivery of student-athlete health care and will ensure an administrative structure that provides independent medical care to student-athletes. This individual should be familiar with healthcare administration but does not need to be a licensed physician. This administrative role may include assuring that schools are compliant with all pertinent NCAA health and safety legislation and with interassociation consensus statements that impact student-athlete health and safety. Because this position is administrative in nature, it does not reflect the normal medical-legal hierarchy of healthcare practitioners. Healthcare practitioners can have dual roles. For example, athletic trainers deliver healthcare under the direction of a licensed physician; however, an athletic trainer could concomitantly serve as the director of medical services in a purely administrative role."

I have asked this of several people but still haven't gotten an answer... who is the director of medical services at SU or is there one. Tucker is only listed as the team physician.

Athletics Health Care Administration Best Practices

"Athletics healthcare administration is one of the strategic priorities of the NCAA Sport Science Institute. Athletics healthcare administration refers to the manner in which healthcare services are delivered within the athletics department of a member institution. Even if there is an extraordinary medical team in place, medical healthcare delivery will suffer if such care does not have an efficient and well-rehearsed delivery system. To help provide oversight in efficient and well-rehearsed delivery of medical care, member schools should designate a director of medical services. This individual will be generally responsible with administrative oversight of the delivery of student-athlete health care and will ensure an administrative structure that provides independent medical care to student-athletes. This individual should be familiar with healthcare administration but does not need to be a licensed physician. This administrative role may include assuring that schools are compliant with all pertinent NCAA health and safety legislation and with interassociation consensus statements that impact student-athlete health and safety. Because this position is administrative in nature, it does not reflect the normal medical-legal hierarchy of healthcare practitioners. Healthcare practitioners can have dual roles. For example, athletic trainers deliver healthcare under the direction of a licensed physician; however, an athletic trainer could concomitantly serve as the director of medical services in a purely administrative role."

I have asked this of several people but still haven't gotten an answer... who is the director of medical services at SU or is there one. Tucker is only listed as the team physician.

Wow.

Bailey's article just might open some eyes.

Hello Wildhack? Hello Administration?

Great question - where the shite are you Wildhack? Sevyrud? BOT?

It reflects badly on the administration keeping Tucker under the umbrella of protection he currently enjoys even though he is clearly incompetent on process & procedures.

Even under a new doc the decision to DQ Josh Allen may be the correct decision but certainly not the "amateur at best" (Coyle's words not mine) lack of professionalism we have with Tucker & company.

SU needs to conduct an investigation immediately and place Tucker on administrative leave right now!

Who's to say he would be able to? Maybe he was pushed out and took AD to spend some twilight years at SU...

Lucky for him that Coyle left. He'd probably be on a street corner with a sign and a cup.

He was a slam dunk hire for SU. We're lucky to have him.

Last edited:
Y'all know something like this is going to happen again. Told Wildhack the same thing last month. Didn't think it'd be so soon.

Anyway, there will be more bungling. Just a matter of time.

Off the top of my head in the last few years. Guys SU has lost:

Knapp
Ward
Curtis
I. Johnson
Long
Clark
Allen

I have talked with commits parents about this medical issue... I can say with out a doubt this could hurt us in recruiting and retaining commits at this point.
Yep. I also suspect that some recruits who have yet to commit, and had been favoring us, might be lost.

Yeah, there are certain people here on this board who continue to contradict common sense and cannot fathom people in a position of a power being incompetent. Making excuses or bringing up hypotheticals to create some sort of narrative that makes all of it OK. Reminds me of Trump supporters, to be honest.

Was this the correct decision? Irrelevant. It was unclear to the kid and that's a problem.
It may have also been unclear to the football staff.

Who's to say he would be able to? Maybe he was pushed out and took AD to spend some twilight years at SU...
Or the very least, he saw which direction the wind was blowing and jumped ship when he could...
A senior citizen with no prior AD experience, seems perfect for SU...

You guys are completely ridiculous. He was able to stay at ESPN, and instead made the decision after some heavy lobbying to come home. And he didn't do it blind, if SU was gonna cash checks and be Wake Forrest he was going to stay at ESPN.

Lucky for him that Coyle left. He'd probably be on a street corner with a sign and a cup.

Sure, a guy whose entire career was in producing content for television, begins running a P5 athletic department with a AARP card in pocket...:confused:

Wildhack has done nothing to deserve props for during his tenure.
He hasn't been bad but the guy doesn't have Dino level confidence from me.
Wildhack hasn't been able to bring in the money donors and the department hasn't made any real significant announcements.
His biggest benefit has to been to the ACC with the cable network stuff.

You guys are completely ridiculous. He was able to stay at ESPN, and instead made the decision after some heavy lobbying to come home. And he didn't do it blind, if SU was gonna cash checks and be Wake Forrest he was going to stay at ESPN.
Ok, so NO on head coaches with no prior head coaching experience, but ADs, sure no problem...
Got it...

ESPN trimmed a lot of expenses and recently fired Wildhack's old equal in power Marie Donoghue. His job wasn't for life. His equal got shown the door after 20 years and Skipper promoted a young hot shot out of the Bill Simmons school Connor Schell to be her and Wildhack's old position successor.

Wildhack jumped to Syracuse because it was Security and his Alma mater. ESPN job wasn't for life and there was a problems coming due to the Cord cutters and lost revenue.

He hasn't earned Jake Crouthamel status. He needs to produce.

Wildhack has done nothing to deserve props for during his tenure.
He hasn't been bad but the guy doesn't have Dino level confidence from me.
Wildhack hasn't been able to bring in the money donors and the department hasn't made any real significant announcements.
His biggest benefit has to been to the ACC with the cable network stuff.
Jury is out and he does need to deal with the medical staff problem. He has delivered on a number of DB's asks. The Dome reno is largely out of his control though hopefully we learn something this Fall.

Sure, a guy whose entire career was in producing content for television, begins running a P5 athletic department with a AARP card in pocket...:confused:
This isn't a problem that suddenly occurred when Wildhack took the job. We had two ADs with plenty of experience before Wildhack. What were they doing about it?

Ok, so NO on head coaches with no prior head coaching experience, but ADs, sure no problem...
Got it...

The guy has been deeply involved with SU for decades before (and the ACC, and other ADs), knows the challenges the school has, unlike the last two guys who used it as a stepping stone, or tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom