Josh Allen Medically DQ'd | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Allen Medically DQ'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so NO on head coaches with no prior head coaching experience, but ADs, sure no problem...
Got it...
Ask Mike Tirico how he feels about Wildhack's "lack" of experience. Ask any of the ACC ADs or John Swofford what they think about Wildhack's "lack" of experience. Sit down with John Wildhack and have him explain to you his vision for Syracuse Athletics and football in particular. After you've done that come back and critique his resume.

Ask Mike Tirico how he feels about Wildhack's "lack" of experience. Ask any of the ACC ADs or John Swofford what they think about Wildhack's "lack" of experience. Sit down with John Wildhack and have him explain to you his vision for Syracuse Athletics and football in particular. After you've done that come back and critique his resume.
I don't question Wildhack's talent at producing content for television, or helping to develop the ACC Network. But, is that all that SU needs from its AD? How will he do/how much will he care about finding a women's croquet head coach, or cleaning up the embarrassment that is the medical team at SU? As far as I'm aware, he's never been an AD at any level, he IS inexperienced...

I don't question Wildhack's talent at producing content for television, or helping to develop the ACC Network. But, is that all that SU needs from its AD? How will he do/how much will he care about finding a women's croquet head coach, or cleaning up the embarrassment that is the medical team at SU? As far as I'm aware, he's never been an AD at any level, he IS inexperienced...

I mean, look we have Boeheim for another 6 years and we recently hired a new football coach. Fund raising and exposure is most of what we want from an AD at this point. There aren't any major hires, other than men's lacrosse, that are potentially imminent.Also, given his experience, the Dome Reno appears to be in his wheelhouse.

Look, Steven Clark's DQ appears to be a travesty. HOWEVER, not every DQ is some incompetent decision. I'm upset about Allens DQ as well, and again, it likely could have been handled better. Hopefully Josh will land on his feet. However, I really don't want them to clear a 22 year old with blood clots in his chest and a family history of heart attacks. Some things are more important than football.

Last edited:
just a question, how long does the parent of a former player who transferred to a future opponent, that keeps trashing the program, get to post what he wants with impunity on this board. it's purely a hypothetical on my part I was just wondering if that were to occur, what it might mean.

just a question, how long does the parent of a former player who transferred to a future opponent, that keeps trashing the program, get to post what he wants with impunity on this board. it's purely a hypothetical on my part I was just wondering if that were to occur, what it might mean.
His kid got screwed and offers and inside point of view. Why would you have a problem with this

I mean, look we have Boeheim for another 6 years and we recently hired a new football coach. Fund raising and exposure is most of what we want from an AD at this point. There aren't any major hires, other than men's lacrosse, that are potentially imminent.Also, given his experience, the Dome Reno appears to be in his wheelhouse.

Look, Steven Clark's DQ appears to be a travesty. HOWEVER, not every DQ is some incompetent decision. I'm upset about Allens DQ as well, and again, it likely could have been handled better. Hopefully Josh will land on his feet. However, I really don't want them to clear a 22 year old with blood clots in his chest and a family history of heart attacks. Some things are more important than football.

You aren't following the issue. Tucker is incompetent, he misdiagnosis a lot of injuries, procedures and practices are not P5 level, and remedies are inconsistent and many times incorrect. He is an amateur at best and the kids and coaches deserve far better than this. Tucker is under some umbrella of protection that's why he's still there. Josh A's diagnosis may be the correct one, it's the lack of professionalism in handling the case is symptomatic of the problems of the Med staff there.

Bcubs is not trashing the program. He's providing valuable insight into what's seriously wrong with the Med program and what is now being used against us in recruiting. It is a very serious problem that needs addressing immediately or Babers will have no choice but to leave the program. He will not tolerate the ineptitude with the Med program for long especially if it interferes with recruiting. My hope is that Bcubs stays on this Board for as long as he likes to do so because his insight is invaluable.

Just because you don't want to hear the truth doesn't mean Bcubs shouldn't be heard and able to express his viewpoint. Last time I checked this is what we are allowed to do in America...

Last edited:
Please disregard this post, in it's entirety.
Thanks to bcubs, for offering the insight, only he can. We appreciate it.

If it affects any change, it will improve the program, for the players, and the product on the field. That's not trashing. It's helping.

Last edited:

No one 'attacked' you. Disagreeing is not attacking. Speaking from a knowledgeable position is not attacking.
Read his post I responded to I was called a clown and dumb. (unless it was deleted)
I swear people can't read what people write and if they don't like the poster the attack.

I think there is a poem or a limerick in there, a lot of funny stuff rhymes with Tucker...

Here goes...

There once was a doctor named Tucker,
and boy oh boy was he a F&*^%#,
He disqualifies our kids,
taking them off the grids.
Making all the recruits Pucker.

EDIT - The not funny part is that our med staff already is a joke and recruiting for the program will become the punch (in the nuts) line.

Mike Tirico's comment was to the effect that there is far more information and access to ability in John Wildhack's Rolodex than in the heads of all P5 ADs combined. John can pick up a phone and consult with virtually anyone in sports. And he is a very down-to-earth guy open to ideas and eager to solicit opinions. I have met the last 3 ADs and to me John is head and shoulders above the others. And I'mnot sure you can't count on one hand the number of sports professionals that have a greater understanding of the business of sports in America today. This was an out of the box hire somewhat but an absolute home run.

You aren't following the issue. Tucker is incompetent, he misdiagnosis a lot of injuries, procedures and practices are not P5 level, and remedies are inconsistent and many times incorrect. He is an amateur at best and the kids and coaches deserve far better than this. Tucker is under some umbrella of protection that's why he's still there. Josh A's diagnosis may be the correct one, it's the lack of professionalism in handling the case is symptomatic of the problems of the Med staff there.

Bcubs is not trashing the program. He's providing valuable insight into what's seriously wrong with the Med program and what is now being used against us in recruiting. It is a very serious problem that needs addressing immediately or Babers will have no choice but to leave the program. He will not tolerate the ineptitude with the Med program for long especially if it interferes with recruiting. My hope is that Bcubs stays on this Board for as long as he likes to do so because his insight is invaluable.

Just because you don't want to hear the truth doesn't mean Bcubs shouldn't be heard and able to express his viewpoint. Last time I checked this is what we are allowed to do in America...

Honestly he's trashed coaches, players, schemes, the last AD here. IMO that's trashing the program.

Read his post I responded to I was called a clown and dumb. (unless it was deleted)
I swear people can't read what people write and if they don't like the poster the attack.
You weren't called dumb. Your theory was called dumb. Done here.

Who hasn't, at some point during their time here? Nor am I the only (former) player-parent to have done so.

You do it in front of many impressionable fans in a public forum. Circles outside keeping it in the family.

And for the record I feel terrible about what happened to your son from soup to nuts.

Who hasn't, at some point during their time here?
I think some feel that because of how things ended with your son, that there is a pointed acerbic tone and attitude rather than honest opinion and dialogue. I don't think it's black or white, can understand some underlying animosity, but also feel there is just plain "reporting" at its core. You are right about one thing, we have all bashed the program at one point or another.

You do it in front of many impressionable fans in a public forum. Circles outside keeping it in the family.

And for the record I feel terrible about what happened to your son from soup to nuts.
Yes, I do. And so does ANYONE who posts here. The difference between me and most is that I'm persistent.

Also, if you feel terrible about what Tucker has pulled, do something about it. Tucker will screw up again, in some way, probably sooner than I think.

I only pop in here and there but I've been here for years. Bcubs, your insight is invaluable. With that said, he's understably frustrated. Maybe he is "trashing" the current state of some issues/people surrounding the program, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Doesn't mean he's right, either. If you have issue with that, fine. Counter it, debate it. Don't sit there and try and run them off.

As long as he damn well pleases. Lol "with impunity"? What you wanna ban him?

Who hasn't, at some point during their time here? Nor am I the only (former) player-parent to have done so.

But, I've NOT "trashed" Dino, or Wildhack, or the S&C guys.

You have the jury out on Wildhack - whatever that means - like the whole of the job matters to you. But it's taken as gospel to some - a lot different than the run of the mill poster here.

You certainly have trashed Dino's defensive schemes. Again taken as gospel considering your tie to the program. Far different than the usual lifetime fan here.

Also, if you feel terrible about what Tucker has pulled, do something about it. Tucker will screw up again, in some way, probably sooner than I think.

Not a doctor but will inquire at an appropriate time which will be soon. Been away the last few weeks.

You have the jury out on Wildhack - whatever that means - like the whole of the job matters to you. But it's taken as gospel to some - a lot different than the run of the mill poster here.

You certainly have trashed Dino's defensive schemes. Again taken as gospel considering your tie to the program. Far different than the usual lifetime fan here.
Well, that's because the Tampa 2 sucks. Not a fan of ANY "bend-don't-break" defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom