Josh Black Old Info | Syracusefan.com

Josh Black Old Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be plenty of Josh Black types in the transfer portal to choose from and with that being said, good luck at your next school JB!

We’ve not really experienced guys leaving us for a grad transfer opportunity. I remember Kendall Moore did. Don’t really blame Black at all, I’d probably do the same thing depending on the team. You only get one shot.

I wasn't accounting for him to be back anyway. A big loss of course, but one you have to assume

That's too bad, but if you can go play where your brother coaches, why wouldn't you.

We should have a transfer portal board.

Better to rip off the band aid with this stuff.

Good luck to Josh, wish we could have had one more year.

This one is a hard pill to swallow...was really hoping to see him back next seaso

His departure will sting. I don't think he's 100% gone either.
C4C08D3E-8C4E-4DB2-A31F-4F217A1B5746.gif

His departure will sting. I don't think he's 100% gone either.
I don't know how Dino would feel about this, but it seems like if you're a grad guy and your team would have you back, especially since you've started a bunch and been successful, maybe throw your name in the portal just to kind of see if any interesting opportunities pop up for you.

I know, sports fans, I KNOW. You don't have to crap your pants over the idea that maybe for some student-athletes it's ok to let them explore opportunities that might be good for them and forgive them for doing so. CALM DOWN.

Ugh. This one really hurts. Not surprised as it makes sense for him but hurts none the less. Size on the DL is extremely limited at the moment. Going to have to add some player(s) there. Black wasn't a stud but was very solid and seemed to be a leader in the weight room. Will be hard to add any players better than Josh I would think. If McKinley doesn't come back I fear the D takes a step back next year instead of forward.

I don't know how Dino would feel about this, but it seems like if you're a grad guy and your team would have you back, especially since you've started a bunch and been successful, maybe throw your name in the portal just to kind of see if any interesting opportunities pop up for you.

I know, sports fans, I KNOW. You don't have to crap your pants over the idea that maybe for some student-athletes it's ok to let them explore opportunities that might be good for them and forgive them for doing so. CALM DOWN.
Those are good points.

Those are good points.
I mean you've got to be REALLY confident that you do offer the best thing and that the player will recognize that to have the understanding that it's ok for the player to look around and join back up with you if that's what they decide is right.

But if there's ever a time to do it, it's now, because that graduating player isn't restricting your scholarship availability in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom