JUCO issues?? | Syracusefan.com

JUCO issues??

EDSPARTEN

Walk On
With the 2 players charged recently that shows why JUCO's are at risk than most HS players!!

Cater, Chiara and Marinovich weren't JUCOs.

One incident is enough of a sample size to make such a claim?

I think attributing this just to JUCO's is silly. There have been ten arrests of SU football players dating back to 2010. Two of those ten were JUCO's.

This will sound callous, but is this a normal occurrence across Division I football? What is the cause here at SU? Is it because we have to recruit a higher percentage of talented players with questionable character because we cannot compete with the big boys who are recruit talented players without character issues? Are we just worse at sweeping this stuff under the rug than other schools?

Are people making a bigger deal out of this on a program level or is it a serious concern?

Sorry for all the questions but I think these things need to be answered before the Post Standard and anonymous posters just come out with blanket statements like "Football players are bad, derp".

I think attributing this just to JUCO's is silly. There have been ten arrests of SU football players dating back to 2010. Two of those ten were JUCO's.

This will sound callous, but is this a normal occurrence across Division I football? What is the cause here at SU? Is it because we have to recruit a higher percentage of talented players with questionable character because we cannot compete with the big boys who are recruit talented players without character issues? Are we just worse at sweeping this stuff under the rug than other schools?

Are people making a bigger deal out of this on a program level or is it a serious concern?

Sorry for all the questions but I think these things need to be answered before the Post Standard and anonymous posters just come out with blanket statements like "Football players are bad, derp".
While I don't think the 10 arrests = crisis, I do think the coaching staff should try to address it at some level and not just ignore and say "they should know better so there is nothing we should do". As leaders of their teams, I am sure they will. PS: I am not referring to the JUCO thing...I don't think it is.

While I don't think the 10 arrests = crisis, I do think the coaching staff should try to address it at some level and not just ignore and say "they should know better so there is nothing we should do". As leaders of their teams, I am sure they will. PS: I am not referring to the JUCO thing...I don't think it is.

It was more a reply to the OP who was making a statement that JUCO's are higher risk. The facts don't show that.

I used to lean towards the theory that we are having to recruit players with a more questionable character/past in order to get comparable talent. That theory is kinda shot to hell when even schools like Alabama and Auburn who have their pick of anyone have multiple players getting arrested as a common occurrence.

I really think it's just turned into a "Win At All Costs" business with how fast the money side of the sport is growing. In the eyes of athletic departments, the cost benefit analysis sides in favor of bringing in the best talent as long as they get past the NCAA clearinghouse.

With the 2 players charged recently that shows why JUCO's are at risk than most HS players!!
remember when those crazy JUCOs Spruill and Rene got all hammered, blocked traffic and started wrastlin around with the police a few months back?

oh wait, they were both recruited out of HS and then Spruill went to prep school as well

enough is enough - no more HS, prep or juco players at Syracuse! this has got to stop

enough is enough - no more HS, prep or juco players at Syracuse! this has got to stop
Greg Paulus didn't cause any problems - we need to stock up on grad school transfers.

Jury is still out on undergrad transfers - we're looking at you Funderburke and Raymon!

If SU wants to be big time there needs to be more leniency for these types of boys will be boys moments. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If SU wants to be big time there needs to be more leniency for these types of boys will be boys moments. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Well put, Tut. Humor wise, anyway.

Didn't you know all the SU students who get arrested are from junior colleges?!

I do enjoy how a 300 pounder is the one who goes in the building while the 245 pounder is the lookout...

If he saw someone, was Walls going to outrun somebody? That is poor gameplanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom